The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Mar 6, 2014 at 4:13 PM Post #11,971 of 18,652
No, the spike is in the middle of the song...heard it with K10 at 180 at low gain....and then it goes to full volume suddenly (..ouch...)
I flashed it now and try the same album again....

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:18 PM Post #11,973 of 18,652
i think Ibasso is down.....site is dead.....;are they bankrupt? Too many claims about volume jumps? (HAD ONE ONCE AGAIN TODAY GRRRRRRRRRRR)

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:28 PM Post #11,974 of 18,652

play it with your headphones off but nearby, just as a test recomendation

i can pull out my phones very quick (...now i know it...)
basshead.gif

It´s a nice player, i hope it´s ok after flashing...

Mar 6, 2014 at 4:49 PM Post #11,978 of 18,652
I too experice a sudden pause fairly often running 1.2.8 with my old device. I just got a replacement today after returning my old dx50 with faulty physical button. I still have that pause in the middle of a song. I'm not sure if it is the volume spike you guys talking about because I'm on max volume running a amp.

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:27 PM Post #11,979 of 18,652
Doesn't matter. You can't hear anything above about 20 kHz (40 kHz sampling frequency) and you need only about 13-14 bits worth of dynamic range for most music, so Rockbox is already higher fidelity than human hearing goes.

Im with you... But we will probably be burned on the stick! Hehehehe

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #11,980 of 18,652
For those of you who use USB OTG, would getting a 3.0 jump drive instead of 2.0 improve my experience or will it matter?

PS. Did any of yous guys who thought they might have a spare screen protector find one?

As for USB otg, USB 3.0 vs USB 2.0 does not make any difference on the dx50 side. It will however make transferring files to the drive from your computer faster assuming your computer has a USB 3.0 interface. And future proofing is usually a good idea if you plan to use the jump drive for other purposes.

Mar 6, 2014 at 6:32 PM Post #11,981 of 18,652
Hi!

Looks like rockbox for android is close to run at dx50, we only need to replace a few drivers accessing jni with native linux ones (almost matching code can be found in rockbox for hosted ports).
I've managed to draw at framebuffer, output sound and capture keys/touchscreen events at dx50 using simple cpp code in ndk.

Well done!! Any tome you feel like you can start your own thread as someone here also said and ill join

Mar 6, 2014 at 8:03 PM Post #11,982 of 18,652
i see that alot of you are having the volume spike issues...
those who have the volume spike issues are you guys using the HO of the player?
what i have encounter before is android phones that has these huge spikes when i play around the EQs on the phone...
after disabling all the filters or EQ on the android phones i no longer encounter this issue...

Mar 6, 2014 at 9:05 PM Post #11,983 of 18,652
  i see that alot of you are having the volume spike issues...
those who have the volume spike issues are you guys using the HO of the player?
what i have encounter before is android phones that has these huge spikes when i play around the EQs on the phone...
after disabling all the filters or EQ on the android phones i no longer encounter this issue...

I think it is not just HO. I had sudden pause using the LO because we're already maxed on volume, it just doesn't get any louder.

Btw, the replacement unit i got came with 1.2.8. It no longer have the fabric pouch, instead it came with the ibasso dx50 silicon case.

Mar 7, 2014 at 2:59 AM Post #11,985 of 18,652
  I received my dx50 today...3 freezes and one volume spike in the first two hours...not acceptable.
Firmware is 1.2.8.

BTW: www.Ibasso.com is down.

Make sure that your tags are in order AND that there are no rogue files on the card, as described in the FAQ. That should help 
smile.gif

BTW: Ibasso has ****ty hosting; or rather, their hosting provider has a ****ty connection. That's why I help host the firmwares.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back