The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 22, 2014 at 11:57 PM Post #10,456 of 18,652
  I am using 128GB Sandisk formated exfat, full of FLAC and ALAC and DX50 play all my files without problems. Firmware is 1.2.7 and tags are editet with mp3tag, keeping only artist, album, title, genre and embeeded albumart in jpg format and not bigger than 100kb with pixelsize not bigger than 700x700 pix (most is 500x500pix). My dx did not crashed yet.

OK, I understand.  I could have sworn I read somewhere it needed to be formatted in FAT32.  Sorry for the bogus info everybody...
redface.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:45 AM Post #10,457 of 18,652
Jan 23, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #10,459 of 18,652
  How does the media library of the DX50 work? I always use the media library on my Rockbox D2, and it's important to me that the media lists as Artist -> Album -> Track by number.

Overall this is the recommended folder structure for the Ibasso (some also do Genre > Artist > Albums by date > Sub Albums > Tracks by number). The device in itself only cares about the tags when scanning then AFAIK. So don't forget to tag everything.

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:22 AM Post #10,461 of 18,652
Hi all.
I have a question and I wanted to hear your thoughts.

I been using the Ibasso with the a ALO National amp and the Beyer DT 770. sound is amazing.
i bought Westone 3 a month ago and planned on using it with the amp as well. It came about that theses IEMs don't need an amp and they sound great connected to the DX50.
I'm loving the National and I want to use it with my new IEMs but when i connect them, i need to lower the DX50 up to 190 cause well, as I said - they don't need an amp and for some strange reason the sound on low gain in the amp gets not clear. only when i turn it to high gain, i get the full range of the IBASOO.

what would you do?

Jan 23, 2014 at 10:51 AM Post #10,462 of 18,652
Hi all.

I been using the Ibasso with the a ALO National amp and the Beyer DT 770. sound is amazing.
i bought Westone 3 a month ago and planned on using it with the amp as well. It came about that theses IEMs don't need an amp and they sound great connected to the DX50.
I'm loving the National and I want to use it with my new IEMs but when i connect them, i need to lower the DX50 up to 190 cause well, as I said - they don't need an amp and for some strange reason the sound on low gain in the amp gets not clear. only when i turn it to high gain, i get the full range of the IBASOO.

what would you do?

Leave it set to where it sounds best.

Jan 23, 2014 at 11:56 AM Post #10,463 of 18,652
  Hi all.

what would you do?

I may be guessing wrong, but you do connect the amp to the line out and not the phone out, right?

Jan 23, 2014 at 12:37 PM Post #10,465 of 18,652
what do you guys think is the best gain setting for a sensitive IEM?
im using my 1964 ears v3 i can her hiss in low and mid , on high everything is clear.

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:07 PM Post #10,467 of 18,652
  what do you guys think is the best gain setting for a sensitive IEM?
im using my 1964 ears v3 i can her hiss in low and mid , on high everything is clear.

After careful analysis, I have deemed high to be the best gain setting in your case.

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:14 PM Post #10,468 of 18,652
^ lol
I recently grabbed a new 64 gb Sandisk micro sd ultra (Red and Grey) from Amazon and it's working so much better then my last Sandisk memory card which was a 32 gb (plain Black) I purchased a while back, which took ages to scan or would perform incomplete scans and not show artwork.

Would older cards cause problems?

Jan 23, 2014 at 1:16 PM Post #10,469 of 18,652
Power wise is no relevant when paired vs a sensitive ear-inear. What i think it changes on your setup is the warmness form the external amp (or it signature)
Im quite fine using an X3 and waiting to the dx50 with my sony ex600 =)
What changes do you hear on your dx50 vs dx50-amp?

Jan 23, 2014 at 2:01 PM Post #10,470 of 18,652
  Power wise is no relevant when paired vs a sensitive ear-inear. What i think it changes on your setup is the warmness form the external amp (or it signature)
Im quite fine using an X3 and waiting to the dx50 with my sony ex600 =)
What changes do you hear on your dx50 vs dx50-amp?

HI,
on low gain i hear like the LOW gotten all the mids to get higher and all the clearness has gone. after i switch to HIGH, i hear exactly as i hear without the amp, all the cleanses is back and sound stage is exactly has i hear it without the amp it self.  it seems like something bugs the low gain in the amp but gets cleared on HIGH. strange thing or logic if you understands what happens when IEMs' with Sensitivity: 107 dB SPL @1mW meets the amp with Input Impedance:10KOhms.

Appropriate the help on this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back