The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Jan 7, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #9,961 of 18,652
Jan 7, 2014 at 5:17 PM Post #9,966 of 18,652
Here you go...these are designed to protect you from yourself (and you get to buy your music from them, too!):

lol you totally hit the spot mate. Well.. I still have my ipt4 as a back up

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:40 PM Post #9,967 of 18,652

Here you go...these are designed to protect you from yourself (and you get to buy your music from them, too!):

Not with my old iPhone 3GS. It would not remember a different ring volume for speaker and headphones. If I forgot to turn the ringer down when listening to music and a call came in, it was an instant eardrum buster. It was infuriating. 
angry_face.gif

Long gone though...  :)

Jan 7, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #9,968 of 18,652
I guess insert a dummy jack on HO while you are using the LO. This way there is no way you could bust your ears by accidentally inserting your phone in HO. However, it won't help if you still forget to turn down the volume and manage to pull the dummy jack and insert your phone.

Jan 7, 2014 at 9:49 PM Post #9,970 of 18,652
Hah! Last night my DX50 fully charged for the first time in weeks. The original battery, renowned for its upgrade potential, started to die about three weeks ago and failure to reach full charge was a symptom. Its ability to hold a large charge also fell off quickly. A few days ago, I purchased a genuine Galaxy S3 battery which immediately solved the poor battery life issue but it still was not reaching that solid green dot charged status. Last night I tried charging it with my Nokai Lumia 920 charger, 1.3 amps, instead of the iPhone 1 amp charger. That did it; I woke up to glorious solid green. So if anyone is having charging issues - maybe I am the only one - this may be of assistance.

I am thinking that an iPad charger may be in my future for fast charging. My DX50 is getting a lot of use on the road.

Jan 7, 2014 at 10:40 PM Post #9,971 of 18,652
  Hah! Last night my DX50 fully charged for the first time in weeks. The original battery, renowned for its upgrade potential, started to die about three weeks ago and failure to reach full charge was a symptom. Its ability to hold a large charge also fell off quickly. A few days ago, I purchased a genuine Galaxy S3 battery which immediately solved the poor battery life issue but it still was not reaching that solid green dot charged status. Last night I tried charging it with my Nokai Lumia 920 charger, 1.3 amps, instead of the iPhone 1 amp charger. That did it; I woke up to glorious solid green. So if anyone is having charging issues - maybe I am the only one - this may be of assistance.

I am thinking that an iPad charger may be in my future for fast charging. My DX50 is getting a lot of use on the road.

My Samsung note 3 charger is another good option, 5.3V - 2.0A, it charges pretty quickly.
I also have an older Motorola charger that work well, 5.1V - 850mA, a little slower to charge.
Neither of them get warm either.
unfortunately my HiSound studio V charger 5.0V 1000mA popped a component (a transistor) when it over heated trying to charge the DX50.

Jan 7, 2014 at 11:56 PM Post #9,973 of 18,652

Kind of like buying cars that have 155mph speed limiters, but they still didn't protect property, bystanders, and other motorists from Lindsay Lohan 
biggrin.gif
  In the meantime, all the Ferraris in Napa Valley have not caused as much damage as a single Hollywood celeb on a meltdown.

In any case, is it really as easy a fix as alleged? Meaning, does the DX50 detect if anything is plugged into either output, so the firmware can be upgraded so it would at least reset the volume level when the cable in the Line Out is pulled out?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back