The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 26, 2013 at 8:17 PM Post #9,226 of 18,652
yepp- It is the Dignis case-

Do you mind sharing more information?? I like orange 
bigsmile_face.gif

Dec 26, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #9,229 of 18,652
I keep going back to 1.2.2, despite having some issues, the gapless function still annoys me a lot. I liked the SQ, though it comes in a close second to the 1.2.2. I've been using nothing but my ATH-IM70's with the HO on my DX50, but honestly i don't think i need much more right now. I hope the 1.2.7 firmware gets released soon...

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:39 PM Post #9,232 of 18,652
  1.2.7 does seem a bit overdue... at least to correct the gapless which just involves returning to the previous functional system.

+1  I agree completely that the gapless issue needs to be fixed.  I know there are folks out there that think the issue has been beat into the ground but it is a very important feature to a lot of us.  I just got my DX50 that came loaded with the 1.2.6 firmware and it really does bother me that the feature doesn't work (I don't have experience with the earlier firmwares).  I turned the "gapless" on 5 sec and then 10 sec and got exactly what I expected; several seconds of crossfade at the end of one song and the beginning of the other.  Gapless should be an uninterrupted transition between tracks, not crossfade.  I have at least 12 albums that require functioning crossfade to listen to without throwing the DAP across the room when it jars me out of the moment.
tongue.gif

Please understand that so far, I am happy with the DX50 (with the above exception).  It has frozen once or twice but it was more up to my being impatient than player issues.  If the gapless issue can be worked out, I am looking forward to using the DX50 as a digital transport feeding my home system (uber Bifrost/Lyr/LCD-2) and a future portable system.

So, could someone do me a favor and recommend a firmware version where the gapless does work as advertised?  I saw some mentioned earlier in the thread bt really don't remember which one(s).

Thanks everyone, I really am looking forward to using my DX50 more...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:43 PM Post #9,233 of 18,652
  +1  I agree completely that the gapless issue needs to be fixed.  I know there are folks out there that think the issue has been beat into the ground but it is a very important feature to a lot of us.  I just got my DX50 that came loaded with the 1.2.6 firmware and it really does bother me that the feature doesn't work (I don't have experience with the earlier firmwares).  I turned the "gapless" on 5 sec and then 10 sec and got exactly what I expected; several seconds of crossfade at the end of one song and the beginning of the other.  Gapless should be an uninterrupted transition between tracks, not crossfade.  I have at least 12 albums that require functioning crossfade to listen to without throwing the DAP across the room when it jars me out of the moment.
tongue.gif

Please understand that so far, I am happy with the DX50 (with the above exception).  It has frozen once or twice but it was more up to my being impatient than player issues.  If the gapless issue can be worked out, I am looking forward to using the DX50 as a digital transport feeding my home system (uber Bifrost/Lyr/LCD-2) and a future portable system.

So, could someone do me a favor and recommend a firmware version where the gapless does work as advertised?  I saw some mentioned earlier in the thread bt really don't remember which one(s).

Thanks everyone, I really am looking forward to using my DX50 more...

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

There aren't many firmwares that use gapless correctly (in my case so far...), but 1.2.2 and 1.2.5 get really close. I still have some issues with some albums, but it's not that bad. I'd still like a functional gapless syste, but so far i'm good with the 1.2.2 gapless.

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #9,234 of 18,652

There aren't many firmwares that use gapless correctly (in my case so far...), but 1.2.2 and 1.2.5 get really close. I still have some issues with some albums, but it's not that bad. I'd still like a functional gapless syste, but so far i'm good with the 1.2.2 gapless.

Thanks very much!
biggrin.gif
 I'll give it a try until iBasso updates the firmware again (shouldn't be too long I hope).
wink_face.gif

Cheers!
beerchug.gif

-HK sends

Dec 26, 2013 at 9:58 PM Post #9,235 of 18,652
New years resolution! I am completely done with worthless, un-reliable audiophile class DAPs. After my HM-602 bricked itself 2 weeks outside warranty, I decided to give the DX50 a chance. My experience with IBasso amps and dacs has been good. The DX50 arrived with fw 1.2.5 installed worked great for 6 days. Now it locks on media scans and browse files. I'm not unreasonable, I can live with some bugs and UI quirks, I just want to listen to music. The dap could sound like angels singing, but if it does not work then the sq does not matter at all. Maybe I will break my resolution and give the ak120 a try.

Cheers,
Shawn

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:03 PM Post #9,236 of 18,652
New years resolution! I am completely done with worthless, un-reliable audiophile class DAPs. After my HM-602 bricked itself 2 weeks outside warranty, I decided to give the DX50 a chance. My experience with IBasso amps and dacs has been good. The DX50 arrived with fw 1.2.5 installed worked great for 6 days. Now it locks on media scans and browse files. I'm not unreasonable, I can live with some bugs and UI quirks, I just want to listen to music. The dap could sound like angels singing, but if it does not work then the sq does not matter at all. Maybe I will break my resolution and give the ak120 a try.

Cheers,
Shawn

Have you done a factory reset? I had a little issue of that and a FW reload and factory reset cured it all. Haven't had a lock for a long time and I use the DX50 every single day with all types of resolutions and files and SD card sizes. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 10:53 PM Post #9,237 of 18,652
Factory reset is easily the solution for most freezes. While it is unintuitive and possibly un-userfriendly, making a habit to reset your DX50 before initiating a new card scan really clean things up. Think reinstalling windows over an existing installation vs clean format and reinstall.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:09 PM Post #9,238 of 18,652
My 4 year old just received a pair of Reese's peanut butter cup headphones for XMas (I know...I know however I don't want to spend too much on his phones as something always happens to them) and he saw me listening to the dx50 with my w4R ciems so I grabbed his phones and plugged them into the 50 and his response was daddy can I get one.

Completely blew me away as he has iPod touches from gen 3 to 5. I said you realize that it only plays music...he replied that's okay where do you buy them from. My older children would rather have an iPod or a galaxy. It's great to have at least one child that appreciates music.

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #9,239 of 18,652
My 4 year old just received a pair of Reese's peanut butter cup headphones for XMas (I know...I know however I don't want to spend too much on his phones as something always happens to them) and he saw me listening to the dx50 with my w4R ciems so I grabbed his phones and plugged them into the 50 and his response was daddy can I get one.

Completely blew me away as he has iPod touches from gen 3 to 5. I said you realize that it only plays music...he replied that's okay where do you buy them from. My older children would rather have an iPod or a galaxy. It's great to have at least one child that appreciates music.

Do you realize that´s going to be really expensive?? on the other hand Congrats, that´s a great start for your kid. 

Dec 26, 2013 at 11:34 PM Post #9,240 of 18,652
Factory reset is easily the solution for most freezes. While it is unintuitive and possibly un-userfriendly, making a habit to reset your DX50 before initiating a new card scan really clean things up. Think reinstalling windows over an existing installation vs clean format and reinstall.

You are right, some users said you could hot swap cards but I found this problematic even when it was scanning properly. My files are all meticulously tagged and organized, but I bought a new 32gb card and used it to eliminate my other cards as being the problem.
Have you done a factory reset? I had a little issue of that and a FW reload and factory reset cured it all. Haven't had a lock for a long time and I use the DX50 every single day with all types of resolutions and files and SD card sizes. 

Yes I have reset it a number of times. It will scan and come back with a few of files on the card, but with nothing in the folders. It worked great straight out of the box and I have not changed anything, same cards and same files it scanned fine at first. I would be very happy with the DX50 if it operated, it sounded great on it's own and and fantastic with my PB2. The gapless worked great as well!. Thanks for your replies gents.

Cheers,
Shawn

Users who are viewing this thread

Back