The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 13, 2013 at 12:54 AM Post #8,491 of 18,652
Do you guys leave your dx50 on when your not playing music?

i found the battery drain when idle is pretty intense.

I fully charged the dx50 then left it on with screen off and not playing any music. 1-2 hours later i lost half a bar of battery.. It somehow drains even more after the 50% mark...

Does sleep mode just stops the music? or is it really a sleep mode that saves energy without shutting off the device?

Dec 13, 2013 at 12:58 AM Post #8,492 of 18,652
  Do you guys leave your dx50 on when your not playing music?

i found the battery drain when idle is pretty intense.

I fully charged the dx50 then left it on with screen off and not playing any music. 1-2 hours later i lost half a bar of battery.. It somehow drains even more after the 50% mark...

Does sleep mode just stops the music? or is it really a sleep mode that saves energy without shutting off the device?

hmmm... well the fact its suppose to last 14 hours... and leaving it on without playing music and it drains to half in 2 hours doesnt really make sense.

im guessing its just something wrong with the battery bar?

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:16 AM Post #8,493 of 18,652

hmmm... well the fact its suppose to last 14 hours... and leaving it on without playing music and it drains to half in 2 hours doesnt really make sense.

im guessing its just something wrong with the battery bar?

There are 6 half bars so.. 2 x 6, that makes at least 12 hours.

My concern is the dx50 when idle seems to drain similar amount of battery life when playing music... I doubt 14 hours of maximum play time includes constant operation with EQ and music switching with touchscreen.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ give sleep mode༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:25 AM Post #8,494 of 18,652

There are 6 half bars so.. 2 x 6, that makes at least 12 hours.

My concern is the dx50 when idle seems to drain similar amount of battery life when playing music... I doubt 14 hours of maximum play time includes constant operation with EQ and music switching with touchscreen.

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ give sleep mode༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ

oh sorry completely misread that. Thought u meant the whole battery bar haha.

Do you have auto off on? that might help?

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:29 AM Post #8,495 of 18,652
Sorry. Could whoever it was that posted about the ZY Hifi cable give some impressions on that? Is there any real change in sound?

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:36 AM Post #8,496 of 18,652

oh sorry completely misread that. Thought u meant the whole battery bar haha.

Do you have auto off on? that might help?

I don't want to keep turning it on and off because i always heard a little crack noise(not from the headphone, physically hearing it from the device) whenever i turn off the dx50. It doesn't seem like a defect since everything is working perfectly.... I always power down the screen so thats no biggie.

Backlight is off, but is the screen on during idle? it does get hot.. or is it the battery?

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #8,497 of 18,652
i do hear a sound when i force shut down the DX50. But ive never had the sound when it shuts off on its own.

weird 
confused_face.gif

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:42 AM Post #8,499 of 18,652
Sorry. Could whoever it was that posted about the ZY Hifi cable give some impressions on that? Is there any real change in sound?

The other guy reported a warmer sound compared to the other cable he had. I personally own only that cable so I can't really comment but I doubt I would be able to perceive a difference in sound even if I did have another cable.

Dec 13, 2013 at 1:47 AM Post #8,500 of 18,652
  i do hear a sound when i force shut down the DX50. But ive never had the sound when it shuts off on its own.

weird 
confused_face.gif

>.> good to know im not the only one hearing that crack. The first few times i heard it, i thought i broke something >.>

12 hours are still more than enough for daily commute. I can live with it. Maybe ibasso will work on some enegry saving mode after they get basic functions working.

Dec 13, 2013 at 2:50 AM Post #8,502 of 18,652
The other guy reported a warmer sound compared to the other cable he had. I personally own only that cable so I can't really comment but I doubt I would be able to perceive a difference in sound even if I did have another cable.

Yeah it was me.

I recently bought a pair of Sennheiser 600 Headphones and they came with an extra 'audiophile' produced cable. So I decided to compare that cable with my ZY cable and found that the ZY cable produced a richer, warmer sound than the other one which had a thinner sound.

My ZY cable came with a GS Voyager and was used to take the line out from my old ipod video classic and although I enjoyed the sound, I hadn't done a comparison before.

I am a doubtful about benefits of spending £thousands on a cable but certainly the ZY cable seems to provide a step up with excellent sound but without being crazy money.

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:13 AM Post #8,503 of 18,652

I don't want to keep turning it on and off because i always heard a little crack noise(not from the headphone, physically hearing it from the device) whenever i turn off the dx50.

Not sure if I get that noise when I turn it off, but I definitely do when I turn it on. I remember a much earlier post saying that that was normal and that it was the amp turning on...

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:18 AM Post #8,504 of 18,652
By the way, i just stumbled down to the hairdressers and of course had to take the DX50 with me. I'm running it with my new IEMS and have disovered a brilliant combination:

- DX 50 
- UE900s (yes, I know they're about to be discontinued - which means they're now cheap!)
and a FLAC of Tool's Aenima album

Sounds marvellous - the separation and soundstage is so impressive. The drums sound just right and are all around your head. Really highly recommended :)

You'll be glad to know thatthe haircut was alright too...

Dec 13, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #8,505 of 18,652
Hi all! Very happy with my new toy!!

Just a comment... if the EQ is OFF and everything is in full power and if you turn it on it lowered everything that you need flat (a lot) and also lowers the bass for example a bit in order to produce a boost... ... what about eq frequency shifts???? (this is probably not a linear eq...) So you shift all the freqs around.. (more the 'flat' ones than the 'boosted' ones...)
My limited music production and mastering playtime tells me that..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back