The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 4, 2013 at 9:44 AM Post #7,831 of 18,652
LMAO 
o2smile.gif

Dec 4, 2013 at 10:11 AM Post #7,833 of 18,652
  I have no idea what or how to "re-tag" is.  Could you give me the dumby instructions how to do this?

Open Foobar or MediaMonkey, highlight the track/s, right click, click "Edit Track Tags." If you selected a group only a few parameters will affect all tracks in that groups, like Album and Artist. If you're on iTunes, aside from trying out the same right click process (or "re-tag from Web" somewhere in the pull down menus) I have no idea how to do it there because my experience with iTunes is either it works smoothly and as much as possible automatically (for my friends on Mac) or it can drive someone (ME) insane.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:00 AM Post #7,834 of 18,652
I have no idea what or how to "re-tag" is.  Could you give me the dumby instructions how to do this?

You can try this too: http://www.head-fi.org/a/mp3tag-setup-guide
Much easier I think.

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:08 AM Post #7,835 of 18,652

I see that you got the SD to microSD adapter working. Great!

If you get some of the heavy duty 3M Dual Lock, it is thick enough to accommodate the adapter between the DX 50 and an amp for a nice rubber band free setup. 

It's perfect with a low profile dual lock. The microSD to SD extended looks like it was designed for DX50. With the low profile dual lock fastener, the SD extender sit's tight in between DX50 and the amp with a hair of space it between. Keeping the stack as thin as possible.

Here are some pics with the UHA-4. No rubber bands

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #7,836 of 18,652

It's perfect with a low profile dual lock. The microSD to SD extended looks like it was designed for DX50. With the low profile dual lock fastener, the SD extender sit's tight in between DX50 and the amp with a hair of space it between. Keeping the stack as thin as possible.

Interesting! I thought that that it would not fit with the low profile dual lock. I have some back in Shanghai so when I get home on the weekend, I will check this out. Thanks!

Dec 4, 2013 at 11:31 AM Post #7,837 of 18,652

UHA-4 is better than the build-in amp?

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #7,838 of 18,652
since i've installed genuine S III battery .. i haven't any cell-phone interference audible.. 3 days wihout harsh sounds... mistry which i cannot explain

Charge the cheap, original battery to full and put it on a voltmeter and see what you get. Do the same with the genuine battery. I figure that either the original battery's actual voltage is a little lower than the genuine battery's voltage or the power it delivers fluctuates a bit.

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #7,841 of 18,652
I pre-ordered a 11th batch dx50 from ibasso. Then I saw the deal from mp4nation here which even covers shipping. They ignored my order cancellation email. How do I get a refund from ibasso?

Thanks

If you want to avoid any costs on canceling and/or delays just keep things the way they are. I would not go to the trouble of canceling once the order has gone through except if I really don't want the unit.

Dec 4, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #7,842 of 18,652
For those using the dual lock, how strong is the adhesive. If i ever wanna take them off the last thing i want is damaging my amp or dx50 or having those annoying adhesive left on my amp

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:07 PM Post #7,843 of 18,652
For those using the dual lock, how strong is the adhesive. If i ever wanna take them off the last thing i want is damaging my amp or dx50 or having those annoying adhesive left on my amp

It depends on what you use, mine is strong enough to hold a 10 pound load. The adhesive can be removed cleanly don't worry about damaging your DX50. I have tried installing and removing them several times. To peel them off just do it very slowly. If there is a trace of adhesive I just use a scotch tape and do a stick and peel move until the surface is clean :)

Dec 4, 2013 at 1:26 PM Post #7,844 of 18,652
If you want to avoid any costs on canceling and/or delays just keep things the way they are. I would not go to the trouble of canceling once the order has gone through except if I really don't want the unit.

I agree, but it is overall a much better deal. I don't have an IEM for travel and fancy the free r3 that comes with it. Even with 2day shipping cost less than ordering from ibasso. Also it covers brokerage fee with fedex international. It is mainly my fault ordering from ibasso without checking other places. I think will stay with my order. I can imagine dealing ibasso would be pain given they ignores emails. Will do better next time before ordering from Chinese retailer.

Dec 4, 2013 at 2:09 PM Post #7,845 of 18,652
Today I've had a problem with dx50 for the first time. I had some problems with an album with tracks that were repeated without respecting the correct order. After selecting another album the player set the volume to maximum level with low gain setting. I've immediately lower the volume that is gone to normal with a single click (to 256 to 200 with one).
The next time I'll be more careful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back