The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Dec 2, 2013 at 12:02 PM Post #7,741 of 18,652
I wouldn't say "put down". I do think it was rushed to market which left mango, the player program, less than finished. It's still less than finished but iBasso does have a few people working on it. Three months have given us five firmware releases showing improvements in playback and stability and features. That's not bad at all for a small outfit like iBasso.

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #7,742 of 18,652
I have a question for you experts : I normally play my songs directly for the directory. There is one song that never gets canceled for the now playing list and I'd like to know how to delete it... Whatever music I play that song stays in the loop.

PS : I'm not using a playlist.

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:38 PM Post #7,743 of 18,652
My replacement has arrived and the play button works!
biggrin.gif

Now time for some serious testing.... 

Dec 2, 2013 at 12:43 PM Post #7,744 of 18,652
  My replacement has arrived and the play button works!
biggrin.gif

Now time for some serious testing.... 

congrats and happy listen 
beerchug.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:02 PM Post #7,745 of 18,652
Hey,

i just got mine today, moving from Cowon J3. I have got one quick question, as I listen to quite a lot of DJ sets is there any way to resume playback from where you left it after you switch dx50 off? I have all the tracks starting from beginning which is a bit of pain in the ass... 

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:11 PM Post #7,746 of 18,652
  Hey,

i just got mine today, moving from Cowon J3. I have got one quick question, as I listen to quite a lot of DJ sets is there any way to resume playback from where you left it after you switch dx50 off? I have all the tracks starting from beginning which is a bit of pain in the ass... 

i am afraid no, or i did not find how to make it.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:16 PM Post #7,748 of 18,652
what is the failure rate of the dx50s? I see some people here with hardware problems on arrival (buttons etc).

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #7,750 of 18,652
ah, stupid me, sleep mode :D

my only concern is some people telling about freeze when calling player from sleep mode.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:25 PM Post #7,751 of 18,652
  I have a question for you experts : I normally play my songs directly for the directory. There is one song that never gets canceled for the now playing list and I'd like to know how to delete it... Whatever music I play that song stays in the loop.

PS : I'm not using a playlist.

Do a factory reset. The system "remembers" stuff like old tags unless you factory reset now and then.

Dec 2, 2013 at 1:36 PM Post #7,752 of 18,652
Just took mine with my SE535+pico slim to Cancun (left all the expensive IEMs at home).  Nothing like great music under the sun or enjoying the beach....also served me great in the plane/shuttle.  Not one hiccup on firmware 1.22.  Thanks iBasso.
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #7,753 of 18,652
my only concern is some people telling about freeze when calling player from sleep mode.

I've not had this problem and have automatic power off disabled.

Something I want to test is battery life while idle without headphones connected. With my headphones connected I get the rated ~14 hours which indicates that the on-board amplifier is receiving power even if the player isn't playing anything.

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #7,754 of 18,652
My DX50 works like a charm. The "only" thing that I'm having problem with is the playlist feature. Renaming is not really an issue but recreating every playlist every time you update the firmware is a pain. I'm more like a playlist/shuffle guy.

Can't wait for the update. Still iBasso rocks!!

Dec 2, 2013 at 2:14 PM Post #7,755 of 18,652
Gonna chime in just as a data point. Batch 8, running FW 1.2.2. Not one freeze, glitch in the three weeks or so I've owned it. Files are 95% FLAC and few hi rez ALAC. About five minute scan time on a 64GB Sandisk microSD card. Same-ish with a 32GB Sandisk (they were essentially the same files as the 32gb). I'm able to stop the startup scan by simply pushing the "X" on the screen then, back to listening. Loving this device with all my headphones. I use the Shure SE215 when walking (very very good, HP Out), V-MODA M-100 (really helps the M-100 clear up, HP Out) at times around the house and also the Senn HD600s with the DX50 amped by a JDS Labs C5 (Line Out). For SQ, I like it better than my Rockboxed iPod Video and the iPod Classic 160GB. More detail compared to the iPod Video and more musical vs. the iPod Classic. Just enjoying the unit immensely and sorry if you're one having problems.Feeling no need to go to FW 1.2.5 but watching updates for suitability.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back