The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 6, 2013 at 12:41 AM Post #61 of 18,652
OH MAN! The DX50 looks " I. L. L."
Eagerly waiting for more impressions 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #62 of 18,652

Comparison
biggrin.gif

Now lets see some drastically price drops and sales numbers from the rival!

Jokes aside, It looks like they included a digital short spdif cable? If yes that is terrific news! (not that it's hard to DIY one)

Care to connect a 2,5" portable HDD and tell us if it works?

Are the micro SD scanning time really that long? That is a downer for sure, make it useless for those who wanna swap cards...

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:39 AM Post #64 of 18,652
anyone who have gotten their unit..did u notice the feeling when u slot in the headphone jack..there is no 'clip'? and quite hard to slot in the jack too?

It is tighter than others and it is very secured.

Sep 6, 2013 at 1:51 AM Post #66 of 18,652
I want to know one thing: Will it play FLAC files gapless, even if they DO NOT have any ID3 tags?  In other words, through the File Browser? 

I have not scanned the DB yet and tried one concert album in flac and gapless is working fine. There is two options in the gapless menu saying 5sec and 10sec which I have no clue what are they, tried the 5sec option and voilà it works... this with folder nav and flac files are tagged.

Small sample of 1 album and other caveat applies, but am impressed by the operation.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:05 AM Post #69 of 18,652
  Requesting Sound Quality comparisons to the X3 whenever you guys are ready to say something. No hurry of course.
biggrin.gif

for sq comparison..i am using it with my um3x with apollo audio effect cable...the clarity seem to be a bit less than x3...but could be due to the EQ i am using. might need some further tweaking. but i am loving the UI a lot compare to x3.

i am using low gain setting as the mid gain produce louder volume but less clarity compare to low gain setting...i am still exploring on the SQ.

my testing track is Green Day - wake me up when september end :p

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:08 AM Post #70 of 18,652
I have not scanned the DB yet and tried one concert album in flac and gapless is working fine. There is two options in the gapless menu saying 5sec and 10sec which I have no clue what are they, tried the 5sec option and voilà it works... this with folder nav and flac files are tagged.

Small sample of 1 album and other caveat applies, but am impressed by the operation.

Thank you.  Is this with a concert album with no ID3 tags?  I just hope the gapless support is not dependent on the ID3 tags like on the X3. 

Of course, if you are getting gapless playback before you scanned the DB, then that is a very good sign. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:09 AM Post #71 of 18,652
Crap, just came on to Head-Fi and saw people had already received their DX50s. Mine is coming net week, very jealous...

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:15 AM Post #72 of 18,652
  Mine is at Heathrow at the moment, should get it today. Failing that, it will be tomorrow. Will do a quick comparison to a Cowon J3, with expanded review coming after some time.

I'd definitely appreciate your comparison with J3.

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:16 AM Post #73 of 18,652
and i don't know when mine is coming to my doorstep =(

anyway from the impressions/review, it seems that the DX50 would really complement well with my AK100

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:24 AM Post #74 of 18,652
MIne arrive too..initial impression is very good interm of sound quality and build quality... comparing with X3 which is more warm and congested which suite open headphone better. The DX50 mate with the TG334 perfectly.. 

Sep 6, 2013 at 2:25 AM Post #75 of 18,652
anyone experience when u listening to music for perhaps 15mins.. then u press volume keys the music stop and u need to go back to select the music again.... And also under album not all the albums are show... 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back