The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 12, 2013 at 4:54 PM Post #6,661 of 18,652
in my case mp4nation replied to my mails and i got shipping notification and tracking number this week, cannot complain. lets not blame them since they depend on iBasso supply cue and cannot do much if iBasso does not deliver. i just hope my iBasso will not freeze here since winter is approaching Europe now :D

Nov 12, 2013 at 5:05 PM Post #6,662 of 18,652
I've asked this before but to no avail:

1. Has the existing firmware release fixed the problem when file-names were too long and the device would not pick them up?

2. Is there any intent expressed by iBasso to allow scanning of OTG devices (eg: 128gb flash drive) to allow browsing by genre, album, artist exactly like the internal/uSD storage? (if no, it would be a huge buzzkill since 128gb+ uSD cards seem to be nowhere on the horizon)

Nov 12, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #6,663 of 18,652

I've already asked them twice, don't bother...

Hi,  
Will iBasso update DX50 firmware with USB DAC feature?

regards,
David

iBasso Audio
Sep 10
cleardot.gif

​
 ​

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
The DX50 cant work as a USB DAC.

Sincerely

profile_mask2.png

​
 ​
 ​
to iBasso
cleardot.gif

Thank you for the reply,
I know the DX50 can't work as a USB DAC now, but is it possible in the future for a new firmware that will enable the DX50 to work as a USB DAC? 
Or is the hardware in the DX50 technically impossible for a firmware update to give the USB DAC feature?
Regards
David

iBasso Audio
Sep 10
cleardot.gif

​
 ​

Hi,
Thank you for your email.
The DX50 cant work as a USB DAC.

Sincerely
iBasso Audio

1. [img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/3/39/100x100px-LS-39ca2c32_DSCF3872.jpeg[/img]
  2. Sorensiim, When the function is implemented in USB DAC iBasso DX50?
  3. We FiiO X3 added this feature in firmware 2.05 (FiiO X3 USB DAC Function)

Regards

Nov 12, 2013 at 7:23 PM Post #6,666 of 18,652
Ibasso said the same thing when I asked. Honestly, DX50 would have been a killer not only for DAP but stand alone mini DAC/amp combo as well if this function is supported.

Nov 12, 2013 at 9:44 PM Post #6,669 of 18,652
  I've asked this before but to no avail:

1. Has the existing firmware release fixed the problem when file-names were too long and the device would not pick them up?

2. Is there any intent expressed by iBasso to allow scanning of OTG devices (eg: 128gb flash drive) to allow browsing by genre, album, artist exactly like the internal/uSD storage? (if no, it would be a huge buzzkill since 128gb+ uSD cards seem to be nowhere on the horizon)

1.how long is too long? my file names is pretty long and is not in english , so they are okay at it i guess , I am on 1.22
2. no intent that I have read so far in , i think it will be faster to wait out 128gb sd cards

Nov 12, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #6,670 of 18,652
Go see the FAQ web page as specified on page 1 of this thread you'll find all the info you need to set it up or fix any issues.
wink.gif

Yeah, I've checked it out.   When I do that unplug/plug SD card routine, i only get maybe 20 out of 150 albums on my card scanned.

Am re-formatting my card to exFAT now - gonna see if that helps.

Nov 13, 2013 at 12:32 AM Post #6,671 of 18,652
I got my DX50 (FW 1.2.2) in today, and now putting it through its paces. Found out quickly that it wouldn't read my FAT32 formatted card, but would read the exFAT one. I'm using directory mode as I don't think i can wait for it to scan all the way through for now. Sound good through my UERM's and oddly the AT CKM-500s. But it's all honeymoon so far. Sounding good though.

Edit#1: It wouldn't read the 64gb sdxc card that I formatted to FAT32, but it would read the 32gb sdhc FAT32 one. Not a cheap way to find out that it wouldn't work there. Oh well, it'll work with the Clip Zip.

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:10 AM Post #6,673 of 18,652
  anyone knows if ibasso implements a precut when you turn on EQ? my volume goes down substantially when I turn on EQ(and EQ doesnt really seem to work)

Hi.

I complained about the EQ in the "bugreport" topic a few hours ago. But I experimented with settings and I think that the EQ works well - it just does something which is not exactly what we initially expect.

I turned the EQ on and switched to the "custom" settings. Then I moved all sliders up to the "+6" position. If you do the same and then try to turn the EQ off and on again several times - you won't hear any difference between the sound with the EQ turned on and off.

- Which means that this is the position ("+6") which should be marked as "0", i.e. "unaltered sound".
- Which also means that the EQ iBasso implemented in the DX50 is subtractive. I.e. when you need to adjust the balance between lows, mids and highs, you should lower unwanted bands instead of trying to boost wanted ones (which is not bad, that's just one of the ways to get desired sound balance).

So, the "neutral" position of the EQ is in the "Custom" mode, with sliders "all up".
The desired balance can be achieved by lowering sliders; just do not pay attention to the existing marks (from +6 to -6), you should consider the range as "from 0 to -12", which makes much more sense.

When I realized that, I figured out what I need to do for turning so called "Loundess compensation" on. I used these settings (from left to right): 6 6 -1 -6 -6 -4 6 6, and that worked for me.

Having said that, I agree that you do not need the EQ for normal listening; the DX50 provides pretty balanced sound.

(Probably, it's worth adding some explanations about the DX50's EQ to the FAQ...)

Nov 13, 2013 at 2:40 AM Post #6,674 of 18,652
It always fascinates me how couriers like FedEx can bring a package across the world (literally for me!) in under a day, but then never actually get it to your door at a time when you're home.. Oh well, I've waited three weeks for my order from MP4 Nation.. Another day can't hurt.. I hope!
wink_face.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back