The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Nov 10, 2013 at 4:11 PM Post #6,541 of 18,652
Search ebay for "USB OTG y-split" andbye shall be rewarded.

I want to make an order off of newegg because I have some other things to buy on there.

On cables such as this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA39V17U4986, which look the same as the ones on ebay, it says "[COLOR=4D4D4D]Can charge the extral USB device , like usb flash disk, usb hard disk NOTICE: (cannot charge the phone or tablet)"[/COLOR]

[COLOR=4D4D4D]Similar to some other ones as well. Is there a different classification of cable I have to look for, or is this usually a DEVICE limitation and the DX50 does not have it?[/COLOR]

That should work just fine :)

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:14 PM Post #6,542 of 18,652
When comparing the C5 to the O2 I did find it to be slightly warmer, with multiple headphones. But it could also be due to the added detail the O2 gives. 
I'm not saying the C5 is actually warm, as in most fiio amps. But it sure is slightly smooth/warm compared to the O2. But maybe the O2 is slightly on the colder side.

And when I said heavy I wasn't describing the sound, but the weight when paired with the DX50. Try putting that stack in your inner pocket of your coat without having one side of you coat hanging 10cm lower than the other! 
ohhh, I misunderstood you. My bad! But yes, thanks for the opinion. :)

You kept your O2 and sold the C5, if I recall correctly?

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:24 PM Post #6,543 of 18,652
The M8 overall is slightly ahead in my opinion. But on some tracks I tested it's really hard to hear any difference. The bass on M8 is a little bit tighter. The mids on O2/DX50 seems a bit forward compared to M8. It's the highs which I really find difficult to discern any difference though. For instrument separation and sound stage I believe they are equal. But M8 I think has a bit more depth.

Only if DX50 came sooner I may have found myself in a very difficult position picking up the M8 especially with the price difference. The DX50/O2 combo is easily below USD 400 including shipping while M8 is 699 and you still need a DAP.

That's very interesting..seems like the O2 isnquite the deal breaker! Well, I very much appreciate your description provided there, as it has certainly made me want to grab an O2. :D

What's the battery life like compared to the M8?

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:47 PM Post #6,544 of 18,652
Hi, I'm going to get DX50 and would like to use it with my JH-3A. Can anyone tell me, on conector on DX50 side, it's TS connector and signal is on tip, right?

I am not sure exactly what you are asking, but on a standard 1/8" stereo miniplug (TRS) the tip is L+, the ring is R+ and the shield is L and R ground common.

That is the industry standard for a cable using a 1/8" stereo plug.

Nov 10, 2013 at 4:50 PM Post #6,545 of 18,652
Did they say how much the case would be?

I asked them that in my second email but they never replied,if they get back to me will post the price in here..the shipping will probably cost more than the case lol

Nov 10, 2013 at 5:55 PM Post #6,547 of 18,652
I am not sure exactly what you are asking, but on a standard 1/8" stereo miniplug (TRS) the tip is L+, the ring is R+ and the shield is L and R ground common.

That is the industry standard for a cable using a 1/8" stereo plug.

Iˇm asking about pin configuration on coax cable for DX50, not analog.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Nov 10, 2013 at 6:04 PM Post #6,549 of 18,652

Oh and the C5 might look innocent, but it's quite bulky and heavy when paired with the DX50.

agreed!!!
mad.gif
(but i'm using a c421) - i like the pairing but the weight sometime make me think of carrying this combo.

Nov 10, 2013 at 6:26 PM Post #6,551 of 18,652
Lunashops is basically a warehouse of cheap knock-offs, count on their goods being fakes.

Thanks Soren, I actually never bought any as you know I make my own but the eBay listing seems to be higher and to a certain degree reasonable. I was trying to help others who don't want to pay too much money buying the ICs. One of them I listed I know for a fact he makes them with high quality components and I thought is quite reasonable, it was the most expensive of the troops.
I know you make your own, do you have any to suggest to other members who do not or are not able to make ICs?

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:13 PM Post #6,552 of 18,652
ohhh, I misunderstood you. My bad! But yes, thanks for the opinion.
smily_headphones1.gif

You kept your O2 and sold the C5, if I recall correctly?

No problem :)

Yes I did, I actually traded the C5 (and some cash) for the AKG K702 anniversary edition. 
I also returned the corda quickstep. It certainly had amazing synergy with the DX50, but not better than the O2. For something more than twice as expensive than the O2, I was expecting something better. And, the quickstep was still way to big to put in your pocket. Might as well carry the O2 in a bag, if I would ever do that.

Nov 10, 2013 at 7:20 PM Post #6,553 of 18,652
  Just a heads up for those interested lads.. I got a reply from Ibasso and they should have the silicon cover for the dx50 on their website this week.. I know Im gonna be getting one as Ive been wrapping the dx50 in cotton wool since getting it for fear of scratching it :)

i hope they also release a leather case for the dx50 (similar to the AK series)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back