The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 29, 2013 at 9:33 AM Post #5,371 of 18,652
  Mine wont play albums straight through anymore. Most of the time it plays one sons then stops. I then try that off the sd card file in the player and it will play the album straight through. Anyone else having this problem. It was annoying ion my flight back from Denver after the  RMAF.

happened to me, only one single album, not others. Factory reset it, then do a full SD card scan again, and it works. Am getting really annoyed by all these issues cropping up and need to waste another 20 to 30 minutes for the whole factory reset cum full rescan routine.

Oct 29, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #5,372 of 18,652
The player is not completely stable, but it works perfectly for me. What is seriously wrong with the player really? It has simple interface, and I play all the music files by browsing the album folders in the directory. I organize them folder by folder, as how I archive my music in my PC. The player plays all day long, I'm burning it in day by day, non stop, it never stops playing even for once, it just plays hours after hours. It just work for me with my listening preference. Seriously, I've yet find a devastating bug from the player.

It works for you, great. But the issue here is the features made available are suppose to work as they should and as people expected. If folder browsing is fine for you good, nobody is disagreeing. But database/album browsing should work the same way because it's include as a feature.

People have different ways of doing the same thing. If it's different from yours does not make it any better nor worst than others. Denying existing bug/issues just because you are not affected is just plain wrong to me . Look we all just want to make this play as good as it should be.

Maybe I am just lucky, but my DX50 works just fine when using the database options (album, artist, genre). I often select random play which also works flawlessly for me. After the last update, playlists are now working properly as well. I can't think of another player at 2x the price that I would trade for.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:02 AM Post #5,374 of 18,652

happened to me, only one single album, not others. Factory reset it, then do a full SD card scan again, and it works. Am getting really annoyed by all these issues cropping up and need to waste another 20 to 30 minutes for the whole factory reset cum full rescan routine.

I will try that later and put this latex firmware en the player an hopefully these issues disappear.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #5,377 of 18,652
downgrade back to 1.2.0, the bootloader got to update backup and screen turned back. I used volume + and power on to factory reset and reboot.

loaded some burn-in files and changed the usual settings - brightness, gapless, APO etc. No microsd yet.

*crosses finger* apparently the gui became more refined against the over sensitive 1.2.2 (direct upgrade from 1.1.6 to 1.2.2) - there could be files missing (rather than optimize?) in 1.2.2 due to large file size difference, 

would update if I encounter any hang ups. after one-two day, I upgrade to 1.2.2

After a 20 hours of continuous burn-in with microsd installed, no hang ups. Turned off, I will give the DAP a 8 hour rest. And run again tomorrow for an hour, and if no hangs, would upgrade to 1.2.2.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:21 AM Post #5,379 of 18,652
After a 20 hours of continuous burn-in with microsd installed, no hang ups. Turned off, I will give the DAP a 8 hour rest. And run again tomorrow for an hour, and if no hangs, would upgrade to 1.2.2.

Could there be some issues with 1.2.2. Just wondering it's still not listed on Ibasso's download page. The DX50 link already updated to batch 8.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #5,380 of 18,652
I think I have a new favorite pairing. I have not liked the built-in amp at all in the DX50, so I tried running my Zo through the line-out (thank god the DAC can be controlled by the volume switch, the original Zo doesn't have a volume control). Tossed in my B2's and it added a ton of body and punchiness to the Zo/B2 pairing (over the Cowon D2 I usually used with them), with the same sense of speed. Fantastic for just about anything I've thrown at it so far, especially speed metal. Massive soundstage through the tiny IEM's, that I didn't think they were capable of.

Using 1.1.16 so far.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:27 AM Post #5,381 of 18,652
I just joined the group (beta-tester or customer depending on your perspective), but I knew what I was getting into.  Went with MP4Nation and got the R3 bonus, pretty nice looking phones but they also look a little big.  Not a bad perk though as I don't have too many different earphones, especially that I can find. Now I just need testing time.

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #5,382 of 18,652
I am finding the line out of the DX50 to work great with most all the amps I have. I am surprised at how much detail they got the Wolfson 8740 to pick up and yet to sound very organic. No hang ups or problems for me with the latest firmware and all of my music is playing with cards from 32gb to 64gb. Great fun. I take this thing everywhere. 

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:44 AM Post #5,383 of 18,652
  I am finding the line out of the DX50 to work great with most all the amps I have. I am surprised at how much detail they got the Wolfson 8740 to pick up and yet to sound very organic. No hang ups or problems for me with the latest firmware and all of my music is playing with cards from 32gb to 64gb. Great fun. I take this thing everywhere. 

Any thoughts on the DX50 with your PB2?

Oct 29, 2013 at 10:53 AM Post #5,385 of 18,652
  Any thoughts on the DX50 with your PB2?

Very good results. I like the Intruder a little more but I need to try a couple of different op amps in the PB2. That is the beauty of the PB2, you can use many different op amps. I have a metal can 2111 I need to try. The PB2 and DB2 with the coax out of the DX50 is excellent. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back