The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 11, 2013 at 10:36 PM Post #3,841 of 18,652
Can I ask current owners these questions as I am contemplating getting one? Do excuse me if they have been dealt with before but with nearly 4000 posts and various firmware updates, this might also be of use to other potential buyers. 

1. For Mac, are the music files drag-and-drop?
2. I read somewhere that every time you power on, it starts scanning everything again. Wouldn't this take very long as I intend to add two 64 GB cards?
3. I understand that SDHC cards go up to 32 GB, and SDXC beyond that, but these cards have a Class rating - a number with a circle on it - so what is the optimum class recommended?
4. If you use two cards, are these and the internal memory treated as one combined memory or must you select the memory you wish to use?
5. Then there is FAT 16 and FAT 32 (?). What should one use for Macs?
6. How does auto set off work? I ask because I read that every time it auto offs, and you power on, it starts scanning again (see #2).
7. Finally, what do users reckon is still not solved with the latest firmware? (2.0?)

Thank you in advance.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:16 PM Post #3,842 of 18,652
  Can I ask current owners these questions as I am contemplating getting one? Do excuse me if they have been dealt with before but with nearly 4000 posts and various firmware updates, this might also be of use to other potential buyers. 

1. For Mac, are the music files drag-and-drop?
2. I read somewhere that every time you power on, it starts scanning everything again. Wouldn't this take very long as I intend to add two 64 GB cards?
3. I understand that SDHC cards go up to 32 GB, and SDXC beyond that, but these cards have a Class rating - a number with a circle on it - so what is the optimum class recommended?
4. If you use two cards, are these and the internal memory treated as one combined memory or must you select the memory you wish to use?
5. Then there is FAT 16 and FAT 32 (?). What should one use for Macs?
6. How does auto set off work? I ask because I read that every time it auto offs, and you power on, it starts scanning again (see #2).
7. Finally, what do users reckon is still not solved with the latest firmware? (2.0?)

Thank you in advance.

been using  it since thursday with Sandisk UH1 Class 10 64gb microsd(115mb free) + Sandisk 64gb USB stick. fw updated  to v1.2

1. havent tried yet but as long as the MTP drivers are installed or inserting the cards on the card slot i think it should be fine.
2. YES! coz it gives you the option to scan new titles if you added some, otherwise just hit browse and youll be directed to homescreen
3. Class 10 with UH1 are good but it doesn't affect the performance as the DX50 don''t have that feature(UH1) class 4 and 6 are ok but for 64gb, class 10 has been standard nowadays.
4. YES and NO. Yes if youre about to browse via certain categories. All Music > Album > Artist > Genre. No if youll select thru Directories giving you 3 options. Internal Storage > Sd Card > USB OTG.
5. FAT 32 has a  size limitation of 32gb, anything more than that will be formatted to NTFS (PC) or Journalled (MAC). for DX50 it is recomended to use exFAT partition.
6. Auto off has  the ff: options of 5m > 10m > 20m > 30m > never. it will automatically shuts off if your device is on idle.
7. Mine works completely fine, 5-10secs of scanning during bootup is fine as it tries to mount the microsd and OTG storage if present.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:33 PM Post #3,843 of 18,652
I want share my friend very good and cheap to improve DX 50 SQ , please buy the battery for Samsung Galaxy S3.
Please share your opinion here
If you hear SQ improvement after you use Samsung S3 battery
Please buy me lunch :D

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:35 PM Post #3,844 of 18,652
I want share my friend very good and cheap to improve DX 50 SQ , please buy the battery for Samsung Galaxy S3.
Please buy me lunch
biggrin.gif

Rudi, can you explain why a battery change will improve the SQ? I din't really get it. 

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:41 PM Post #3,845 of 18,652
To Olanzky,

Thank you for very detailed and thoughtful answer.

Cheers.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:48 PM Post #3,846 of 18,652
@rudi, I notice any sq change (read : improvement :D) from 1.1.6 to 1.2.0. Its sound smoother and mire refine, the detail-soundstage/depth-separation.
Please take your time for the 1.1.6 then upgrade to 1.2.0, then share your impression :D.

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:56 PM Post #3,847 of 18,652
Rudi, can you explain why a battery change will improve the SQ? I din't really get it. 

Frankly speaking I can not explain why SQ improvement if I compare many other battery brand for my audio gear .

We have try with Samsung original battery for S3 , SQ improvement very good in detail , clarity , more clean and clear better separation and better bass impact ,better mid as well
We use firmware 1.16

Please try it as your spare battery
And share here

Thank you Lin

I have not upgrade to fw 1.20 now

Oct 11, 2013 at 11:59 PM Post #3,849 of 18,652

+1. This strikes me as epic levels of expectation bias, but I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:00 AM Post #3,850 of 18,652
Frankly speaking I can not explain why SQ improvement if I compare many other battery brand for my audio gear .

We have try with Samsung original battery for S3 , SQ improvement very good in detail , clarity , more clean and clear better separation and better bass impact ,better mid as well
We use firmware 1.16

Please try it as your spare battery
And share here

Thank you Lin

I have not upgrade to fw 1.20 now

I'll try it since I "upgraded" my SGS3 battery a while ago and I have the original one still. 

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:04 AM Post #3,851 of 18,652
@rudi, I notice any sq change (read : improvement :D) from 1.1.6 to 1.2.0. Its sound smoother and mire refine, the detail-soundstage/depth-separation.
Please take your time for the 1.1.6 then upgrade to 1.2.0, then share your impression :D.

Thank you for your suggestion

I like the firmware 1.1.6

I will upgrade one week later , because. I just upgrade to fw 1.1.6 yesterday :D

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:16 AM Post #3,853 of 18,652
+1. This strikes me as epic levels of expectation bias, but I reserve the right to be completely wrong.

Please try it and share your opinion here
It is not make a sense just battery replacement can make SQ different , before I heard and done by my self with many battery brand for my Ko Jo KM 01,Wagnus and Mass Ko Bo 385 Amps

Oct 12, 2013 at 12:57 AM Post #3,855 of 18,652
Please buy me lunch
biggrin.gif

why did you take the back bit off? I am going to try out a Kinps 3250mAH battery (also made for S3), I will report back if it actually extends the battery life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back