The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 3, 2013 at 7:32 PM Post #3,391 of 18,652
Hey guys, i've come up with a wish/bug list that i'm thinking of sending over to iBasso. feel free to add to it!

Wish list:

- USB DAC

- Scrolling Title

- Auto+manual scan for new folders

- Option for screen on for every button press (can turn off)

- Lock switch still shows home screen, a tiny lock icon will suffice.

- Playlist feature working for albums/artist/etc. not just all music

- album art showing everywhere

- battery %, not that important, but nice to have

- scroll bar when browsing for music, and even fast scrolling using scroll bar

- Line out output should be always maximum, not volume controlled

Bug list:

- Media scanning doesn’t work all the time

- when shuffling “all music”, pressing back shuffles the song, not the previously played song.

Some of these are upcoming in the next firmware, but some will never be implemented due to technical issues. iBasso wants this UI to be simple, intuitive and reliable.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:04 PM Post #3,392 of 18,652

ah interesting. i certainly hope they fix this scanning issue in future firmwares. also does it always pop up to ask you to scan everytime you turn it on? they should implement a 'scan now' button, so you can scan when you need it, or scan in bg when it detects changes. 

No. If your scan is completing fully, you should not see the scan screen at all. Mine only comes up when I add a new file or swap out the SD card.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:18 PM Post #3,393 of 18,652
I haven't received a reply to my standalone post, so figure I'll ask here. Is there a manual that comes with the DX50? I'm particularly curious about file management and how to add files to the micro-SD card. Keep in mind that I'm coming from Itunes, so anything else is completely foreign to me. It would be great if there were some type of tutorial, or perhaps it's not as complicated as I'm thinking. 

Thanks all. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:20 PM Post #3,394 of 18,652
  I haven't received a reply to my standalone post, so figure I'll ask here. Is there a manual that comes with the DX50? I'm particularly curious about file management and how to add files to the micro-SD card. Keep in mind that I'm coming from Itunes, so anything else is completely foreign to me. It would be great if there were some type of tutorial, or perhaps it's not as complicated as I'm thinking. 

Thanks all. 

Well you just copy and paste files onto a micro SD card and you'll be fine. There isn't a manual. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #3,396 of 18,652

Yes, I get that, but what about organizing by artist, including album artwork, etc. Again, probably over thinking things, but want to set up my SD card before the player arrives so that I'll be ready to roll. 

If the song has artwork, it will show up. As for album, artist etc. don't worry about it since the DX50 will sort it out for you. 

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:35 PM Post #3,399 of 18,652
Ok, thanks. How do I add artwork if the album/song doesn't have it? I'd like to start ripping some CDs tonight. 

WAV files will not display artwork.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:37 PM Post #3,400 of 18,652
I'm not sure about that. 
Also, does anybody realise that there is no hiss with v1.2? 

I hear no hiss with v1.2 using my 119 sensitivity iem's.

Oct 3, 2013 at 9:45 PM Post #3,402 of 18,652
Oct 3, 2013 at 10:01 PM Post #3,403 of 18,652
Yes, I get that, but what about organizing by artist, including album artwork, etc. Again, probably over thinking things, but want to set up my SD card before the player arrives so that I'll be ready to roll. >>>>
Ok, thanks. How do I add artwork if the album/song doesn't have it? I'd like to start ripping some CDs tonight. 

Logical questions if one hasn't branched out from the iWorld.  I wondered all the same stuff, and I think I have a pretty good process.
This is a little procedure I use.  So far it works, but I am also new at the FLAC player world.  Here is how I do it.  (FLAC only. but should work for mp3 as well)
1.  I use dB Poweramp to rip all my discs to FLAC.  It is a paid program, but I've been using it for years.  I highly recommend it.  This program rips it accurately, seems to write good tags, and embeds the image in the file.  But....
2.  I then edit it with Media Monkey.  That is free.  Open the file.  Select the artwork tab.  Delete the embedded images, and replace the cover with with the image you downloaded.  (Also renaming it to Album Name.jpg .  If you use the FLAC Player app on the iPOD, it needs the name of the jpg to be the same as the album).  Album Art Exchange is a great site for high quality images.
3.  Then I just downloaded the program "Copy In Order."  I use that to copy from my computer to the SD card.  I bought a new 64G micro sd and just plugged it into the card slot on the computer.  Copy in Order will make sure that albums play in the correct order.  From what I read, there is something about how the player reads the exFAT formatting and the player may not play your album tracks in the order that they got copied instead of the order that they are numbered.  Thanks again Sorensiim for that info.  I copied the artists to the root directory, and their albums are a directory under the artists.  FLAC files in the album folders.  I am only using the microSD card for the DX50.
That is about it.  rip...  embed...  copy-in-order... >>DX50>> scan... listen... smile....

Oct 3, 2013 at 10:05 PM Post #3,404 of 18,652
  Logical questions if one hasn't branched out from the iWorld.  I wondered all the same stuff, and I think I have a pretty good process.
This is a little procedure I use.  So far it works, but I am also new at the FLAC player world.  Here is how I do it.  (FLAC only. but should work for mp3 as well)
1.  I use dB Poweramp to rip all my discs to FLAC.  It is a paid program, but I've been using it for years.  I highly recommend it.  This program rips it accurately, seems to write good tags, and embeds the image in the file.  But....
2.  I then edit it with Media Monkey.  That is free.  Open the file.  Select the artwork tab.  Delete the embedded images, and replace the cover with with the image you downloaded.  (Also renaming it to Album Name.jpg .  If you use the FLAC Player app on the iPOD, it needs the name of the jpg to be the same as the album).  Album Art Exchange is a great site for high quality images.
3.  Then I just downloaded the program "Copy In Order."  I use that to copy from my computer to the SD card.  I bought a new 64G micro sd and just plugged it into the card slot on the computer.  Copy in Order will make sure that albums play in the correct order.  From what I read, there is something about how the player reads the exFAT formatting and the player may not play your album tracks in the order that they got copied instead of the order that they are numbered.  Thanks again Sorensiim for that info.  I copied the artists to the root directory, and their albums are a directory under the artists.  FLAC files in the album folders.  I am only using the microSD card for the DX50.
That is about it.  rip...  embed...  copy-in-order... >>DX50>> scan... listen... smile....

This is excellent and exactly what I was looking for. Thanks a ton!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back