The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Oct 1, 2013 at 3:09 AM Post #3,046 of 18,652

What is the consensus about using SDXC cards and the DX50?  Should I go exFat or FAt32?  What size sector allocation? 

i believe i read the answer to this a few pages back - leave it at exFat as the DX50 is able to read the format. set the allocation size to 128kb, it's the default cluster size for 32 GB–256 TB sizes - http://support.microsoft.com/kb/140365

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:10 AM Post #3,047 of 18,652
Thanks for sharing.  Your findings with the SE535LE are unfortunate - my daily commute companion is the SE535LE paired with an NW-A867.  I was considering the DX50 but now am having second thoughts.  Did you try fiddling with the EQ? 

Bear in mind all 4 are pretty good IEMs and as always, personal taste is involved. I suggest you see if you can audition your 535s with a DX50.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:22 AM Post #3,048 of 18,652
@ Sorensiim

mind if you post the link again to 1.2.0 (from your server)? i was thinking that it was available in ibasso's download link but i can't find it there. thanks in advance! 
bigsmile_face.gif

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:28 AM Post #3,049 of 18,652
seems like cue list is not working?
pressing other song from now playing menu and it only plays the first song in the list.
and also the cue list is arranged by alphabet but not track number..

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:32 AM Post #3,050 of 18,652
  @ Sorensiim

mind if you post the link again to 1.2.0 (from your server)? i was thinking that it was available in ibasso's download link but i can't find it there. thanks in advance! 
bigsmile_face.gif

At your service!

Http://www.sorensiim.dk/stuff/DX50Firmware_V1.2.0.zip

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:33 AM Post #3,051 of 18,652

i'd guess that if our dhl shipment tracking does not update by end of play tonight something is up

still no update.

Have mailed DHL enquires twice in 2 days and got no response. Same with iBasso , again no response. Maybe a chinese holiday?

Either way very frustrated and annoyed that my DX is not going to get here as soon as I had hoped.

I really hate it when mails are ignored!!!

Sorry just had to vent

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:42 AM Post #3,053 of 18,652
I have the SE535 atm and am pretty content, if you pair the DX50 with a good amp, for example a Pico slim, the combo is excellent. I am the kind of person who does not like to EQ the music but there is nothing wrong with doing it if you like it.

Edit: I also have a pair of SE215 and those ones seem to pair more easily than the SE535, I don't need the amp with them.

Thanks for your recommendation, but I prefer a standalone (e.g. no separate amp) setup.

Oct 1, 2013 at 3:45 AM Post #3,054 of 18,652
Bear in mind all 4 are pretty good IEMs and as always, personal taste is involved. I suggest you see if you can audition your 535s with a DX50.

I do agree.  Great suggestion - thanks.

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:02 AM Post #3,055 of 18,652
Thanks for your recommendation, but I prefer a standalone (e.g. no separate amp) setup.

I amp the DX50 because of its bright treble only, if you have no issues with than the DX50 is good enough. As the other member suggested if you are fortunate enough to audition the dap without purchasing it then the better. We don't have that luxury at our local audio stores.

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:10 AM Post #3,056 of 18,652
  I'm really surprised and pretty disappointed to see that the measured output impedance doesn't hold up to Ibasso's specs... Now we need to find out if this is the case for all DX50s or if the measured unit was a fluke - not that I see how one could deviate from the others in this regard, but then again - some report hiss, others don't.

I'm pretty sure its across them all, The DX50 clearly has some flaws in its amplifier design, iBasso also never put up the power output specs of the DX50, now we know why, because the 16 ohm power output is inferior to some of its main competitors like the X3, and I for one have a lot of 16 ohm iems so this is a big problem for me, not to mention the rubbish output impedance causing bass roll off and altering the sound of low impedance iems to be more treble happy.

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:16 AM Post #3,057 of 18,652
  still no update.

Have mailed DHL enquires twice in 2 days and got no response. Same with iBasso , again no response. Maybe a chinese holiday?

Either way very frustrated and annoyed that my DX is not going to get here as soon as I had hoped.

I really hate it when mails are ignored!!!

Sorry just had to vent

Just contacted DHL and they told me that the supplier has not released the goods for delivery ie iBasso have not sent the item to DHL so alphabetagaga we are not going to get our units for some time......really annoyed now

Oct 1, 2013 at 4:21 AM Post #3,058 of 18,652
The new firmware has seemed to fix my playback issues through directory mode. Although its still struggling to allow my music library to show up in album or artist mode. Its probably the tags though.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back