The iBasso DX50 Thread - Latest firmware: 1.9.5 - June 30, 2016
Sep 21, 2013 at 12:21 PM Post #2,386 of 18,652
How is the 1plus2 fit (any inconvenience in inserting/wearing them)? Those are universal, correct. I read a lot of good things about the sound, are they that great?

Yes it's a universal, and the best among these universal flagships.  I have had owned or loaned/demo'ed about all of them and the 1PLUS2 and the TG334 are the best of the bests and compliment each other quite well.  Fit wise I like the 1plus2 fit slightly better than then TG334 but neither is as comfortable as the third favorite RE600.

The sad thing is that 1plus2 pretty much ended my upgratitis with IEMs (custom and universal included).

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:30 PM Post #2,387 of 18,652

Thanks for your feedback, the price is the only thing that says; hey buddy you better caught up :D

You should thank the all mighty for not going any further, that prevented you from going bankrupt :wink:

Who am I kidding, something else on here will bankrupt us :p

Sep 21, 2013 at 12:59 PM Post #2,389 of 18,652
I can't comment out of a unmodded iPod as I do not own one any longer.

But from my Supercaps iMod, the pairing is magical as far as bass is concerned, the highs are not as bright as the DX50 but very clear and non fatiguing which is a big plus for me.

They each have their plus and minuses and as far as enjoyment with an amp, the imod is easier to match, so far there isn't an amp in my collection that sounds awful with the imod. The DX50 on the other hand, it makes little difference except maybe to slightly attenuate the bright highs. The only combo that is different but again that's due to the D12 double Wolfson, is when used with coax. I did not comment because it is not a fair comparison and besides, the dx50 circuitry does very little in the connection (amp and dac bypassed).

IMod

DX50

EDIT: I caught a few reviewers talking about analytic and musical, DX50 is analytic and iMod musical. To be honest it's hard to compare the two I have as they each shines in different areas of the frequency spectrum but does not negate one from the other, they both are enjoyable to listen to on their own. As to listening for a long time, the imod is easier for longer periods of time, the DX50 tend to irritate me after a few hours. Amping the DX50 tends to lengthen my listening session.

Thanks for commenting, I was under the impression that the "musicality" will all be dependent on the D12 alone since, as you have stated, it bypasses the internal circuit.
The thought of this made me consider the 240gb iPod. The size and fluidity of the iPod is very attractive and would probably kill any of my attempts to upgrade (mostly because of memory size) ;minus the size when stacked with the D12. I have no experience on amps, so this is coming from pure speculation.
Also, you mentioned the "stack" being different when paired with a coax interconnect; were you not using coax on the above pictures?

Thank you for your time and effort spent enlightening this newbie.

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:08 PM Post #2,390 of 18,652
For those having trouble putting on the screen protector try this,
Go into your bathroom without the fan on and turn on some hot water until the bathroom fills with steam(don't need a lot)
Apply your screen protector dust-free! :]

Sep 21, 2013 at 1:29 PM Post #2,394 of 18,652
Thanks for commenting, I was under the impression that the "musicality" will all be dependent on the D12 alone since, as you have stated, it bypasses the internal circuit.
The thought of this made me consider the 240gb iPod. The size and fluidity of the iPod is very attractive and would probably kill any of my attempts to upgrade (mostly because of memory size) ;minus the size when stacked with the D12. I have no experience on amps, so this is coming from pure speculation.
Also, you mentioned the "stack" being different when paired with a coax interconnect; are you not using coax on the above pictures?

Thank you for your time and effort spent enlightening this newbie.

I compared the two units with the same amps. I can't run the imod without an amp due to the nature of the modifications. The imod is fairing very well and as I up the ante with the amp, it gets even better. For the imod, my best combo is the RSA Intruder, it's like they were made for each other.

Amp selection like players is a personal preference. I tried different amps from the Pico Amp/Dac, Pico Slim, RSA intruder (balance configuration is my interest), Leckerton UH-4 and now the D12. The D12 is a very good amp as it pairs nicely with my current players and the coax is a bonus. The Leckerton UH-4 is like the pico slim digital pot which I love for portability and use when going to sleep ( you can decrease the volume to very low level without loosing balance). I heard that the Leckerton UHA-6S MKIi is very good and along the D12. Another aspect of an amp is the USB connectivity and the resolution you are seeking, you can browse the forum for that aspect of the amp if you are interested.

Here is the stack with the DX50 and coax out into coax in D12, same stack as without the coax, the cabling is different.

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:43 PM Post #2,396 of 18,652
  Got me thinking.......1plus2 has been on my radar for a bit.  Now to figure out how to get a set.

Stop by, I'd be happy to give you a demo. 
ksc75smile.gif

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:49 PM Post #2,397 of 18,652

Stop by, I'd be happy to give you a demo. 
ksc75smile.gif

Lol Eric might as well just point him to Dimitri or Gavin to order a pair already so he won't suffer the wait any longer than he has to after demo'ing them....

Btw, my local store told me they might have some leather case for DX50 coming in a couple weeks... hope these are more reasonably priced like the DX50 itself.  Not looking forward to sth like $120 for the AK120 leather case!

Sep 21, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #2,398 of 18,652

Lol Eric might as well just point him to Dimitri or Gavin to order a pair already so he won't suffer the wait any longer than he has to after demo'ing them....

Btw, my local store told me they might have some leather case for DX50 coming in a couple weeks... hope these are more reasonably priced like the DX50 itself.  Not looking forward to sth like $120 for the AK120 leather case!

Haha, very true. The 1plus2 is something else...

Sep 21, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #2,400 of 18,652
File Playing Issues + Solution

Hey all, Ive been having issues with a few albums not playing so I did some experimenting to try to find a solution.
They were all [the problem files] vinyl rips @24/96. On some of them the player hiccuped and went back to the 
start page, on others it would play some of the songs in the album and on others it froze the system.
I did the whole renaming / taking out anything that wasn't just a letter but to no avail
The only that worked - universally - was to convert the files from 24-96 to 24-48. Now they all play flawlessly.

Im posting this in hope that someone may be able to make sense of what the problem may have been?
:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back