The "I hate waiting for parcels" thread.
Mar 7, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #91 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gautama /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Antec is the Bose of the PSU world, you know that right?

Not so, they make fine PSU's for computers. Excellent voltage stability. I am not saying that they come near PC Power & Cooling PSU's, but they are fine.

Antec's are more of the Beyerdynamics of the PSU world.

Mar 7, 2007 at 12:52 AM Post #92 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by goldenratiophi /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

Come on, USPS, it's March 6th, WHERE ARE YOU?

i've listened to the album twice already....i don't know. It doesn't have the energy that I liked from the previous album.

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:00 AM Post #93 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not so, they make fine PSU's for computers. Excellent voltage stability. I am not saying that they come near PC Power & Cooling PSU's, but they are fine.

Antec's are more of the Beyerdynamics of the PSU world.

Their NeoHE line is their only respectable line. All of their other PSU's use Fuhyjju (sp?) caps if I remember right, and those are prone to failure in heat. I have been hearing more and more cases of them dying, and even taking out other components. There are much better alternatives in the same price like Seasonic, Enhance, Enermax, and Fortron Source (not their ax models). And in case you didnt know, PCP&C PSU's are just rebadged Seasonics.

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:03 AM Post #94 of 917
I have a TruePower 2.0 (The 480W with the "blue LED's" oooooh), and it is great.

I am not saying they are the best, but they certainly aren't the Bose of power supplies. They get much, much worse. I used to have a "Deer" PSU in my computer before I replaced it with the Antec. Needless to say it caused my computer to be very unreliable.

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #95 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by colonelkernel8 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have a TruePower 2.0 (The 480W with the "blue LED's" oooooh), and it is great.

I am not saying they are the best, but they certainly aren't the Bose of power supplies. They get much, much worse. I used to have a "Deer" PSU in my computer before I replaced it with the Antec. Needless to say it caused my computer to be very unreliable.

Well what I was originally intending was not a utter degradation of their quality, but how they are often proclaimed as the best solution by marketing and way of ear.

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:12 AM Post #96 of 917
This recently happened to me, waiting for an amp. What should have taken 2-3 days took a week. **** post office. When I finally called they said "Yeah, it's here. Do you want it delivered today, or would you like to pick it up?"

Me: "I'll be right there."

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:42 PM Post #97 of 917
Nothing exciting, but I'm waiting on a new air purifier (a gadget in itself!) because my current one just quit on me. I have really bad allergies and I have to wait until Monday before it arrives. I might die of an asthma attack over the weekend!
eek.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:48 PM Post #100 of 917
Waiting on my Ergotron LX Desk Mount Arm for my monitor. I'm really hoping it'll arrive this week as I'm dying to play some shooters in the original TATE screen format.

Mar 7, 2007 at 11:52 PM Post #101 of 917
Waiting for 2 amps, a pair of headphones, new cables and what came today was 4 banana plugs.

Thus, I bet that all the other stuff arrives tomo, the day before ive an essay due in.

Curse you parcel-fi!

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:14 AM Post #102 of 917
AARGH I hate waiting for parcels SO much. But at the same time, I like it because it means I have something to look forward to. I LOVE parcles. Just opening them gives me a feeling of joy and excitement
biggrin.gif

ATM I'm waiting on a nice GoVibe V6 (courtesy of the 'Nicest Head-Fier Ever', jmmtn4aj) and I REALLY though it would arrive today. It didn't. And to heighten the suspense, I had a detention after school and the whole time I was looking forward to getting home so I could try out my new amp
frown.gif

But anyway, that means it [size=large]WILL[/size] arrive tomorrow. But if it doesn't, Saturday [size=large]WILL[/size] be the day. If not, it [size=large]WILL[/size] arrive on Monday.

Mar 8, 2007 at 5:48 AM Post #103 of 917
I'm going to use this space to whine about my amazon experience. On january 5th I ordered the complete works of samuel beckett. They gave me a window from febuary 22 to march 17th to when it will ship. I still haven't gotten a confirmation email saying that they've shipped it!!!!! I know the window they gave me hasn't closed but ******* that's a lot of monkey loving time for a package.

Mar 8, 2007 at 6:14 AM Post #104 of 917
Quote:

Originally Posted by aaroncort /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to use this space to whine about my amazon experience. On january 5th I ordered the complete works of samuel beckett. They gave me a window from febuary 22 to march 17th to when it will ship. I still haven't gotten a confirmation email saying that they've shipped it!!!!! I know the window they gave me hasn't closed but ******* that's a lot of monkey loving time for a package.

I thought amazon sent things out fast... Guess not!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back