The Hybrid IEM Thread... The Best of Both Worlds?
Jul 11, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 236
PM me your best photo at your convenience kenman and I'll add it asap. Also very much looking forward to you review.

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:18 AM Post #34 of 236
I'm not sure the offering from Thousandsound and Rooth are hybrids. Aren't they just dynamic drivers??

I'm also a little confused with the 'next generation' tweeters in the AS-2. What next gen?? If its a true hybrid, then it would be some BA drivers. Balanced armature drivers were readily available a generation ago....   I've also got a problem with this 'digital-hybrid' thing. Is this a true hybrid or just a 'hybrid' borne for consumer bedazzlement? The ASG-1 was a 'digital hybrid' as well. But damn, it had only one driver.

Jul 12, 2012 at 4:30 AM Post #35 of 236
Quote:
I'm also a little confused with the 'next generation' tweeters in the AS-2. What next gen?? If its a true hybrid, then it would be some BA drivers. Balanced armature drivers were readily available a generation ago....   I've also got a problem with this 'digital-hybrid' thing. Is this a true hybrid or just a 'hybrid' borne for consumer bedazzlement? The ASG-1 was a 'digital hybrid' as well. But damn, it had only one driver.

I still think they use some of Knowles BA may be specially tuned for their needs. May be TWFK ?

ASG-1 Hybrid - I guess they used the term for form factor , something in between CIEM & IEM. AS-2 Hybrid is based on drivers used dynamic + BA

Jul 12, 2012 at 8:54 AM Post #36 of 236
ASG-1 and AS-1 are hybrids because of the methods and technology that go into making them that's completely unique to Aurisonics.
Quote:
I still think they use some of Knowles BA may be specially tuned for their needs. May be TWFK ?

ASG-1 Hybrid - I guess they used the term for form factor , something in between CIEM & IEM. AS-2 Hybrid is based on drivers used dynamic + BA

Jul 12, 2012 at 9:21 AM Post #37 of 236
Jul 12, 2012 at 10:09 AM Post #38 of 236
That's somewhat what I meant, but that's the generic version. The generic version is based on that information, but the hybrid thing accounts for all Aurisonics products really, 
Quote:

Generic fit digital hybrid - shape and fit was engineered utilizing digital human ear data. 

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:17 PM Post #40 of 236
it's a 15mm driver and the AS-1 and ASG-1 are tuned to allow an artist on stage to hear their voice the way others hear it. The AS-2's are a completely different beast. They are tuned more reference flat and just kick ass at everything. I have had them for two months now
Quote:
I think its gimmick.

Its' just a damn 13mm dynamic driver. I sold mine 1 month after purchase.

Jul 12, 2012 at 2:33 PM Post #41 of 236
AS(G)-1 is not a hybrid as defined in this thread.  The thread defines a hybrid as having (at least) one dynamic driver and (at least) one balanced armature driver.  The AS(G)-1 fulfills the dynamic driver requirement, but fails the BA driver requirement.  The AS-2 (and eventually the ASG-2) is a true hybrid in the sense that it has 1 dynamic driver and two BAs.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back