The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Jun 29, 2013 at 2:51 PM Post #1,396 of 6,326
Quote:
the machine shop is machining the front panels now.  after that, they need to be polished and anodized, and then i'll have all the components to start assembling

Quote:
the first batch was 30, this one was going to be 30 but i doubled it to 60.  for some perspective, there were fewer than 60 GS-X mk1 made in the 6 years it was available

So excited! Any updates? =D

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:38 PM Post #1,401 of 6,326
Saw the BHSE plates are getting done. GS-X in a similar spot?

Jun 29, 2013 at 3:52 PM Post #1,402 of 6,326
Starting to look like the GS-X mk2 is the secret sauce to making just about anything sing.  I dumped the LCD-3 a while back after rolling a ton of amps and not getting anywhere.  Brought another one in this week and this one on the GS-X mk2 is, like the HD800, butter smooth and completely free of forgive the expression... ugh :D

Got the house to myself tomorrow so I'll probably run a quick A/B between the HD800 and LCD-3 tomorrow morning.

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:35 PM Post #1,404 of 6,326
I do alright on resale.  This LCD-3 being the exception, I usually sell for what I paid so... win =)  Would be nice to get back to Stax though.  It's always nice to make money using top level gear :wink:

Jun 29, 2013 at 7:49 PM Post #1,405 of 6,326
Haha.

Well for what it's worth, I got the dynalo+ modules for my little GS-1. Been listening to each module for a week on and off. I prefer the HD800 on the + by a long shot. However I like the Paradox on the stock modules. The reason I got then was to drive my single ortho better. Maybe it is and I don't like the sound? Meh.

Jun 29, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #1,406 of 6,326
Quote:
Starting to look like the GS-X mk2 is the secret sauce to making just about anything sing.  I dumped the LCD-3 a while back after rolling a ton of amps and not getting anywhere.  Brought another one in this week and this one on the GS-X mk2 is, like the HD800, butter smooth and completely free of forgive the expression... ugh :D

Got the house to myself tomorrow so I'll probably run a quick A/B between the HD800 and LCD-3 tomorrow morning.

The GS-X is amazing with my TH-900s and Westone 4s (along with my HD800s and LCD-3s). Never owned an amp this versatile and great sounding. 

With the LCD-3s, I do in fact notice an improvement in bass control and "focus" with the extra power from my new MKII over my now sold GS-X (with upgraded modules). With the HD800s, the differences weren't anywhere as different (basically about identical to my ears). 

Jun 30, 2013 at 12:55 AM Post #1,407 of 6,326
The GS-X is amazing with my TH-900s and Westone 4s (along with my HD800s and LCD-3s). Never owned an amp this versatile and great sounding. 

With the LCD-3s, I do in fact notice an improvement in bass control and "focus" with the extra power from my new MKII over my now sold GS-X (with upgraded modules). With the HD800s, the differences weren't anywhere as different (basically about identical to my ears). 

Uh oh. Does this mean the second batch has started to ship? Or did you get yours in the first round?

:fingers crossed:

Jun 30, 2013 at 2:17 PM Post #1,410 of 6,326
Well the GS-X mk2 strikes again!  It made the HD800 a can I could live with and has now grabbed the LCD-3 by the nuts and made it sing :O

I need to rework my A/B list some but the LCD-3 took round 1 pretty handily.  Which more than likely means yet another order from Steve at Q.  Hope his kids are enjoying the college I'm putting them through :p

Overall it looks like I'm back on the Audeze train though they really need to revisit the headband clamping force and post length.  Kind of odd that they have longer posts sitting around but don't use them by default.  And at $2K do we really need them to fit a four year old snugly?  Just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back