The HeadAmp GS-X and GS-X MK2 Thread
Apr 22, 2013 at 10:07 AM Post #1,112 of 6,326
Apr 22, 2013 at 10:42 AM Post #1,113 of 6,326
Quote:
Can anyone tells me that how long will it takes to get GS-X if I place my order now?

Justin's comments here and the website indicate 8-12 weeks which provides you a general sense of time, but you should be prepared for a longer wait. Justin's scale of production means he is dependent on timely delivery from suppliers, and that problems with a component can produce a significant delay. Some companies might source a less than ideal component to improve timing, but Justin's commitment to quality means that he will delay shipping if that is required to produce the right product. 

So, if you need it right now, or if you are going to get bent out of shape when something doesn't ship right on time, you should look elsewhere, but if you are able to delay gratification, I have found Justin's products to be well worth the wait.

--mark

Apr 22, 2013 at 10:59 AM Post #1,114 of 6,326
Quote:
Quote:
Can anyone tells me that how long will it takes to get GS-X if I place my order now?

Justin's comments here and the website indicate 8-12 weeks which provides you a general sense of time, but you should be prepared for a longer wait. Justin's scale of production means he is dependent on timely delivery from suppliers, and that problems with a component can produce a significant delay. Some companies might source a less than ideal component to improve timing, but Justin's commitment to quality means that he will delay shipping if that is required to produce the right product. 

So, if you need it right now, or if you are going to get bent out of shape when something doesn't ship right on time, you should look elsewhere, but if you are able to delay gratification, I have found Justin's products to be well worth the wait.

--mark

Great points verber!

Any of the top tier custom shops are going to have a delay that can be months for an order. These are small operations that do high quality work. Think of it as commissioning a piece of art. Time and talent are worth waiting for that will provide years of enjoyment.

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:12 AM Post #1,115 of 6,326
Justin was a meet this weekend and had the GS-X mk2 there. It looks so much better than the pictures show. It's hard to tell but it doesn't seem it would be as good for the HE6 as the speaker amp I have but meet conditions aren't exactly the best :p

Apr 22, 2013 at 11:16 AM Post #1,116 of 6,326
You can't buy everything (Wish I could with HF gear!). I am glad we have vendors like Justin that are so generous with their time!

Apr 23, 2013 at 1:02 AM Post #1,117 of 6,326
Quote:

It is an awesome amp and even though I bought it at a dealer without waiting one minute , I would be happy to wait 6 months  knowing what I know now.
After placing your order there is much to do .
Preparing yourself to enjoy this beauty takes time.

You mostly have to plan for not having time when it arrives as you wont be able to stop listening.

Good times .

May 1, 2013 at 6:30 AM Post #1,118 of 6,326
Justin --- any updates on the second batch 

May 1, 2013 at 8:04 AM Post #1,120 of 6,326

Quote:
Justin --- any updates on the second batch 

Why do you nag? Justin Wilson already has stated the time. There's no reason to nag before the stated time is out. Be patient, or opt out.

May 1, 2013 at 8:20 AM Post #1,121 of 6,326
The photos below are of a small rack I had made to separate my GS-Xmk2 's amp section and PSU.

I had the small rack made to measure in order for the GS-X to fit on my main audio rack in the position I wanted, which can be seen in one of the photos.

I guess I've gone OTT with this rack because it's made of mild steel then welded and will easily support my weight which is 12.6 st, [ I know that because I've stood on it ] but my GS-X will be going nowhere , plus it only cost me £35 and that's including the powder coating. 

May 1, 2013 at 9:23 AM Post #1,123 of 6,326
Nice one Dave, looks good man. I really need to make one of these, having them side by side is talking up way too much realestate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back