The Hardstyle thread
Aug 19, 2011 at 11:35 PM Post #61 of 101

Quote:
Hmm if you listen to rap, hip-hop and industrial hardcore I think there's better custom IEM's for you than those two, just imho
biggrin.gif

Yeah but they cost 2-3x as much. If a $200 CIEM broke, I wouldn't be as worried say compared to if my ES5 broke, say for instance. For me isolation and comfort is very important too as well as the sound and value itself. Many people (including Joker and few others in the 1964 impressions thread) have mentioned that the Triple and Quad driver's deliver sound quality up to the $1000 tier customs, just may be some limited to options when it comes to accessories, silicon or acrylic used for the moulds and custom artwork for the face plates......

I do occasionally listen to some rap/hip hop, mostly industrial hardcore, but I've found out that the best gear to listen to these type of genres are through the use of headphones not earphones. 

Just my 2c.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:10 AM Post #66 of 101

yeah, with the EX600 (yesterday) and UE700 and RE272 on the way, I might be pretty much done with universals in my collection now.

I'm probably going to go crazy and get numerous customs but the first one will be the Thousand Sound TS842.

Not only does it have the highest workmanship you can find, but the best sub-bass as well.

Trust me I research this stuff like 7 hours a day and have the most posts on head-fi in the last month Lol.

Mine is gonna look way better than that btw.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:23 AM Post #67 of 101
Those actually look pretty good, looks similar to some other Thousand Sound CIEM's I saw ages ago in a Chinese forum, a quad driver one with a custom titanium plate, it was about 5400 RMB (about $1000AUD).

My list of CIEM's that I want to get in order:

Kozee X1 Infinity
1964-T
1964-Q
Westone ES3X
Reshelling my broken TF10's if i can find them
UE18 (pre-owned, sold it off within warranty, buyer had smiliar canal and ear surrounding measurements by the audiologists compared to my ears, so all he did was get them remoulded a bit)
JH16's (I love bloated bass) 

Being said with that ^, since I'm still in uni, I will probably get these things once I finish my networking degree with a discrete, high waged job. (That's if I don't change my mind and enlist in the Army)

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:29 AM Post #68 of 101
So you used to have the UE18Pro?

What's this thousand sound you speak of? the price you're quoting sounds a little high, I mean a titanium faceplate shouldn't cost more than $90 to implement from any company, I've seen various IEM's with titanium and gold faceplates.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:42 AM Post #69 of 101
Yeah, was a gift though, so I didn't pay the full $1630.50. 

I will try find the TS custom I was speaking of before, but it'd take time. I don't think it was titanium face plate that added to the huge cost, but it was a specially tuned custom, 4 drivers, 1 low, 2 for mids/sub, and 1 for your highs, basically set of tweeters and sub or whatever, google translator didn't help much, should've bookmarked it, but it was an interesting translated read on the them.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:46 AM Post #70 of 101

I see.

Well either way, If I wanted an onslaught of drivers I'd just get the LS8, the 842 has a high quality proprietary dynamic driver inside for the sub-bass to the mids, and then one of the best and most famous BA's on the market to handle the highs and high-highs, I can't ask for much more.

Aug 20, 2011 at 5:54 AM Post #71 of 101
I think 8 drivers is a bit too much, quality does matter over quantity in most cases, so if the 8 armature drivers were tuned properly (not easy since, its more then one for each of the different sound aspect categories lows, mids, bass, highs etc) then I think it will easily cost over $2000, but imagine playing hardstyle or techno through that, man it will feel like as if you are in this kind of formation:

SUB         SUB        SUB

SUB         You         SUB

SUB         SUB        SUB

lol, be pretty awesome I must say.

EDIT: http://www.null-audio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=215

Quote: "Dual Low, Dual Mid, Dual High ,Dual  Super Hight"    ?
eek.gif

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:01 AM Post #72 of 101

Uh yeah, that's the Rooth LS8 I was intending on getting, I've been sending some emails back and forth, but I went for the 842 in the end.

There's no reason a custom IEM should cost up to $2000, why do you say that? Driver's aren't that expensive, around $50 each for the good quality ones.

Aug 20, 2011 at 6:08 AM Post #73 of 101

Quote:

Uh yeah, that's the Rooth LS8 I was intending on getting, I've been sending some emails back and forth, but I went for the 842 in the end.

There's no reason a custom IEM should cost up to $2000, why do you say that? Driver's aren't that expensive, around $50 each for the good quality ones.

I meant if it was configured and tuned in a way like the big companies Ultimate Ears, Westone and JH do, including the service charges etc, if would probably cost over $2000...anyway

This caught my attention just now:
http://www.null-audio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=67&products_id=213, going to look for my broken TF10's.

Added it to my cart, with chosen purple color, lune series cable, and artwork.

Total: $853.79 - even if I got it with shipping+insurance etc, it won't be more then $950 so under $1000 sounds like a good deal for a remoulded 8 driver- 3 way integrated crossover custom.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back