The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Jul 19, 2014 at 9:15 PM Post #1,321 of 12,991
  I dont have the sz2000's however I think they sound exactly the same its just the 2000 has premium parts that is all, if you want to pay extra for premium material its your call but the sz1000's are good enough for me if they ever get discontinued I will be buying the sz2000's in a heart beat headphones like these come once every 10 years.

You never know, maybe they won't goof up like sony and instead make a newer better line of them.

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #1,322 of 12,991
haha i just found this thread randomly... i have been raving about the SZ2000 in other JVC threads and i'm so proud of owning them now!!!! i mean, i have always been proud of owning them (since several months), but the fact that they were ranked as THE #1 basshead headphone just makes me so excited to have them on my head most of my days at work pumping trance music!!! woooohooooo these cans blow me away!!!!! just incredible fidelity of sound!!!!!

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:33 PM Post #1,323 of 12,991
I dont think jvc will be carrying this line any further I do not think they sold enough and its a shame as even just as a headphone they are amazing mids and highs all there the music is just lively dont know why theres not a lot of hype for them but the pro900's and q40's get all the attention lmao the world is a funny place.

Jul 19, 2014 at 9:44 PM Post #1,325 of 12,991
The DX range JVC's are not as bass heavy as the SZ2000. They are bassy for high end cans, but not nearly as hard hitting as some other basshead cans. Sure they have an overall better sound quality in "audiophile terms".

Jul 19, 2014 at 10:25 PM Post #1,327 of 12,991
haha i just found this thread randomly... i have been raving about the SZ2000 in other JVC threads and i'm so proud of owning them now!!!! i mean, i have always been proud of owning them (since several months), but the fact that they were ranked as THE #1 basshead headphone just makes me so excited to have them on my head most of my days at work pumping trance music!!! woooohooooo these cans blow me away!!!!! just incredible fidelity of sound!!!!!

The vids are not fair as the e12 was dying but the sonic force of the sz2000 is a tad harder than the 1000 .
The 1000 is less overwhelming at mid listening levels and the headpad way more comfortable and stock pads are comfy for a while though the change of pads should be done.

I thought the 1000 were louder as the resonance of the non brass takes over the hit at extreme volume where the 2000 holds it together just a bit longer but for folks who wanna hear the whole spectrum and be bombarded I'd say the 10000...if a basshead junkie said I wan't bass and don't worry about other stuff I'd say get the sz2k and have a nice bass day.

I love this.
Holding my hands on the cans while they pound out bass.
Coming from car audio this is what I wanted. I bought em both and shop no more.

Different setups from vids will yield varying results.
The same setup like me and cb rock....no variation.
The stomp on your head

I'm heading to the beach

This is an ipad to the e/12 to the sz2000

Car audio track. playing test tones

You do not ever need to distort the sz series to get copious bass.
There is a ghost in the machine. I'll help...we'll help you work it out but don't distort the cans...any cans ever.
Lets not hurt the ones we love....the drivers
wink.gif

Jul 20, 2014 at 4:37 AM Post #1,329 of 12,991
  It makes you wonder, what if they made a bigger version with 70mm for bass and 50mm for mid/high

It'd be banned in the E.U and folks would sue for hearing loss
tongue.gif

I am a chronic basshead and the sz2000 with xx pads and tuned correct are the limit of safe listening. I don't even like the word safe...just typing it is revolting but I get physical pain when I put them on and listen to more than 3 tracks in a row.

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:01 AM Post #1,330 of 12,991

Distortion

1. I don't do it
  2. I don't recommend others to do it
  3. It rapidly decreases the quality of the hit. In fact the "hit" disappears.

The sz2000 are surely the most video'd cans for bass testing.
Of all my videos I have only pushed these cans too hard 1 time. 
If you are getting different results it's because your configuration is not the same. That's it. There is no other thing.
Pushing your cans to the point of distortion is ridiculous. Your damaging something you paid for. Like ignoring the warnings for heat and low oil in a car. Makes no sense. There is nothing good coming from ignoring things.

This is a 2nd way (source) to get the head shaking hit. The e12 and XX pads are not optional but apparently the source is.
This allows me to control the slope more accurately and the drivers shaking harder in their housing than with the Cowon. 
I demo the clear lack of distortion going on in the vid.

I would feel bad to abuse the sz's
I would feel bad to damage something I bought for no good reason.
I know how to be patient and make minor adjusts after listening to the same track 10,15,20 + times. I enjoy it actually
O.C.D like behavior. Once I sense the hit..I hunt it, I find it. Takes a long time adjusting the source/effects the source volume amp volume to the perfect spot.

If you are getting distorted driver response on your sz you are clearly doing something wrong.
Turn everything down and start again.

Jul 20, 2014 at 9:37 AM Post #1,331 of 12,991
and for the basshead on a budget you can try American Audio HP550 and believe me they sound amazing and the bass hits like a cannon no distortion whatsoever.

Jul 20, 2014 at 3:25 PM Post #1,333 of 12,991
  It'd be banned in the E.U and folks would sue for hearing loss
tongue.gif

I am a chronic basshead and the sz2000 with xx pads and tuned correct are the limit of safe listening. I don't even like the word safe...just typing it is revolting but I get physical pain when I put them on and listen to more than 3 tracks in a row.

I'm hard of hearing from birth so I naturally have to find headphones that can handle a lot anyways.

Jul 20, 2014 at 5:14 PM Post #1,334 of 12,991
was wondering why cb had posted nothing for days and then saw his status is banned anyone know why, its a shame if he is.

Jul 20, 2014 at 7:09 PM Post #1,335 of 12,991
was wondering why cb had posted nothing for days and then saw his status is banned anyone know why, its a shame if he is.
I contacted him on Skype, but best not to bring up why I think he was banned here. No need to attract unnecessary attention from haters to this thread. :) I'm not sure of it, but I have a good idea of why... I'm still awaiting a message on Skype. I'll try his YouTube.

Now, resume the bass conversations!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back