The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
May 20, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #76 of 12,991

The trouble with circuits

The Studio 1.0 running out of a portable DAP revolutionized an industry. Give that kid a portable amp and his Dre days  (<<<I see what cha did there
biggrin.gif
) are over.

The SMS kill them with an amp and almost without but the Beats are almost built like they were designed for the ipod with a Hip Hop eq setting....and that is THE limit.

The non amp/circuit SMS will go nice with an amp and hit about as hard as any 40mm on the market

I almost got seduced by the Fanny Wang's and their titanium until running into an old problem  built in circuitry/amps. They...she...is Fanny a girl
frown.gif
....whatever they/she crumpled under low end amp like they always do.

The Denon Urban Raver almost made my last Top Ten but something going on in that big ugly set is killing it's promise.

Amped cans....you get what you get...very little more.

I need a 50mm (minimum) driver with a better than Mylar diaphragm and a solid rear housing and I can make **** happen. 

May 20, 2014 at 10:51 PM Post #77 of 12,991

Basshead Wiki

@gelocks
I already began a process 3 months ago. Flawed but not too much. Needs attention.
I am not a participant in Basslounge because I am not permitted because I was an *******.Water under bridge. I never even asked why.....what's the point?

I exist now in my natural element anyway. Extreme head pounding bass. A blessing in disguise.  Hunting for Top 10 cans is infinitely easier for my personality  and funner.

Having competing bass head can rec articles is confusing to Joe P Public. I did work hard and having someone say (.........) about my effort is
frown.gif
. However......take it and make it better is in the communities best interest. I added @White Lotus to the edit list and hope he sprinkles his awesome efforts upon it.  My lone request would be to keep the Cannon explanation and Hi-Fi definition taken from wikipedia. Stuff those in the new one somehow and go nuts. This is for the public

I got 7k hits just on Extreme bass/ Top 10. No community. The sz rebirth and # of cans sold by JVC should get me a JVC knighthood.
biggrin.gif

I'm an asset. The extreme guy over there.....not interested in the whole thing but I like my spot. The wiki should be a whole community input few editors deciding guide with no hint of bias or us and them stuff. I'm nit a "Us" and ya'll not a "them"

A supreme bass guide...it has been planted already. Put the drama aside and make it grow.

May 21, 2014 at 3:32 AM Post #78 of 12,991
Thanks for all your hard work, Hawaiibadboy! I own both the XB700 (when it first came out, it was the one to get) and the XB1000 (also because nothing could touch it). I thought the XB1000 was the best bass headphone out there (because of the massive 70mm driver)...I'm glad you've shown me this is not the case. We need more honest members like you to evaluate headphones without any bias.

I'm looking forward to all your reviews so we can see which one is the best bass headphone.

May 21, 2014 at 4:43 AM Post #79 of 12,991
  Thanks for all your hard work, Hawaiibadboy! I own both the XB700 (when it first came out, it was the one to get) and the XB1000 (also because nothing could touch it). I thought the XB1000 was the best bass headphone out there (because of the massive 70mm driver)...I'm glad you've shown me this is not the case. We need more honest members like you to evaluate headphones without any bias.

I'm looking forward to all your reviews so we can see which one is the best bass headphone.

Your ears are the judge.
The only reason I didn't put the XB1000 was it really does totally overwhelm everything. I love big speakers
biggrin.gif
 I'm from Car Audio.
The XB700 have great slam within or above the 1000 (it's very close) The 700's tuned the highs almost too much too hear over the din of the bass. Classic "V" sig.
It will amp well if slowly turned up like OC'ing a CPU....step by step If there was a mod to make the XB pads a little firmer and shallower they would hit harder. As it is it's a classic. Sony is having tough times like many Japanese companies.
Hold onto the XB's

Side note.
Listen to the tracks in the OP and compare the 700 and 1000. Take your time and get back to me. If you show me an eq that can make those hammer I'll put em up. 
Tell me the DAP/AMp and settings and let me try to simulate what your doing. 

May 21, 2014 at 11:30 AM Post #80 of 12,991

M-Audio HDH50

Man...I told ya 3 months ago..... I'll spare you the details. I wanted these to be the heir apparent to the Q40 with 50mm drivers.
Plenty folks trying to say/hope/wish despite near identical everything except the caps from the old Akai these were maybe gonna be ...different?
blink.gif

Having said that....

This mod will give you bass that can be amped above an M100 and not bother the mids and highs.It is a very nice driver and the craftsmanship is outstanding.
Well worth the price.
But they are not coming out of the box ready for you. Like many good cans they need a mod. 

May 21, 2014 at 3:37 PM Post #81 of 12,991
I would call that a two bass tube driver mod, remeber Ultrasone Edition 8?

May 21, 2014 at 9:38 PM Post #82 of 12,991

M-Audio HDH50

Quote:
  I would call that a two bass tube driver mod, remeber Ultrasone Edition 8?

I've not seen the Edition 8 "Ruth" driver (back)
That may be their "triple bass tube"
biggrin.gif

It works like a charm.
1 open = mild bass resistant to amp/eq
2 open = mild bass friendly to amp/eq
3 open = mild bass quickly gets "loud" in the bass region and bloated (a.k.a interferes with mids and remaining signature)

May 22, 2014 at 2:21 PM Post #84 of 12,991
Hey DisChord...thanks for 'inviting' me to your little club. Oh yeah, and hey HBB.

So this is your place? Looks okay from quick perusal through the pages. Still has a lot of names and s't -- nothing unusual when RD is here.
Well...at least the title actually makes sense. The "Audiophile Bass Lounge" has a list with headphones that don't even have "audiophile bass." The list back there was pretty messed-up.

Anyway, hope I could fit in...though I'm not exactly a chronic basshead. Then again...

May 22, 2014 at 8:24 PM Post #86 of 12,991
  Awesome thread! 

What price does the SZ go for in Japan? I can't get them here - they have to be imported at silly prices. 
frown.gif

EDIT:

cheers mate, what changes are you guys thinking? A wiki is a great idea.

Since it's so easy to access to the general public and cannot get buried under posts and pages.......
Add whatever you like. You folks have done a lot of work. The 3 tiers can be changed though the 1st 2 seem pretty well explained. New cans prices rank and rating based on voting would be a natural enhancement.  I have heard every can on the list (why it's so short) except Black Death and one other. More minds and ears helps everyone.
Up to you guys. The Wiki is really a group (editors) concept with peer review and corrections built in.

Whatever you can and whatever you want. Up to you.
beerchug.gif

May 22, 2014 at 11:06 PM Post #88 of 12,991
  Hey DisChord...thanks for 'inviting' me to your little club. Oh yeah, and hey HBB.

So this is your place? Looks okay from quick perusal through the pages. Still has a lot of names and s't -- nothing unusual when RD is here.
Well...at least the title actually makes sense. The "Audiophile Bass Lounge" has a list with headphones that don't even have "audiophile bass." The list back there was pretty messed-up.

Anyway, hope I could fit in...though I'm not exactly a chronic basshead. Then again...

Man, I (the entire community) can always use another pair of ears.

If you hear something and think
"Oh...that's a little too bassy for me"....let me know
biggrin.gif

Focusing on a Top 10 judged on the exact same parameters is too easy and too fun compared to all the work that goes into the other thread. The whole community benefits from them and only bass freaks benefit from this thread. Bloated bass like the XB1000 is not the model. A tight impact full bass is Until otherwise discovered the sz are considered the "zero reference" 

What's the hardest hitting cans you have ever heard? (Serious question) I might find a gem in your memory.

May 23, 2014 at 12:01 AM Post #89 of 12,991

Man, I (the entire community) can always use another pair of ears.

If you hear something and think
"Oh...that's a little too bassy for me"....let me know
biggrin.gif

Focusing on a Top 10 judged on the exact same parameters is too easy and too fun compared to all the work that goes into the other thread. The whole community benefits from them and only bass freaks benefit from this thread. Bloated bass like the XB1000 is not the model. A tight impact full bass is Until otherwise discovered the sz are considered the "zero reference" 

What's the hardest hitting cans you have ever heard? (Serious question) I might find a gem in your memory.

Hmm...my Pos hit hard, but they don't dig deep. The bassiest cans I've ever heard so far are the Razer Krakens. They are really, really bloated in the upper bass and lower mids, which is really annoying unless EQ'd. But once you do...perfectly basshead-worthy cans.

May 23, 2014 at 12:25 AM Post #90 of 12,991
The Razer balked at my default which is a very elevated 45Hz area. They were comfy as hell though and seemed well worth the price. The pad softness(?) may have been why I wasn't "feeling" the hit. I was hearing it up to a certain step but not feeling it like the Pro's.

Throw some paper scraps on the cage and see if they dance. If they do but the pads don't vibe then it's the pads holding back the impact.

I have a special youtube channel for uploading tast vids so folks can keep their private accounts private.

I can PM the login and password if you like

Users who are viewing this thread

Back