The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Oct 9, 2014 at 7:53 AM Post #2,403 of 12,991
tisk tisk... you know how it is around here.  No video means no truth :)

I hear ya. I'm just offering suggestions and trying to help. If no one takes them no sweat. I know what I know. :D

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:54 AM Post #2,404 of 12,991
Size is not a problem for me. It shouldn't be any bigger than an Audeze headphone. 

Great idea! Looking forward to your progress bud!

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:17 AM Post #2,405 of 12,991
  I'm really surprised when there is talk of headphone amps in this thread that Digizoid is not mentioned too often especially now since the Digizoid FS is out.For all you bassheads who like your headphones sound but just wish they had abit more bass should check the digizoid FS out.It's the only headphone amp + EQ (Can raise bass + treble) in one that I know of

Video of it in the chain doing it's business or it never happened. Not joking.
Takes 5 minutes to vid and 15 to upload and post.
Never seen the Digizoid do anything special. Just a buncha talk.

Good luck with the vid. Looking forward to it.

I think the best headset Bass head. It is the Beyerdynamic DT-770 Pro 80 ohms.

You are in the wrong thread. Members lounge has a bass section. You'd enjoy it.

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:29 AM Post #2,406 of 12,991

Much more comfortable despite the clamping force and there is a better seal around my ears.

Thanks man...that's dope. Those cans slam nice. The clamping force made doing a video tough
biggrin.gif

Hey guys, I'm planning on building my own headphone that will hopefully be "the god of bass," but I need some helpful information. I am looking for the ultra-clarity that planars provide with the texturized mids and detailed (but non-piercing) treble of high end planars and also the air rumbling and massive air flow of big ass driver dynamics. The perfect endgame ideal for the insatiable basshead audiophile. Sound quality and earblasting bass. So in order to make this reality come true, I've acquired a pair of T50RPs and various 50mm drivers from different praised bassy headphones such as the Ultrasone DJ1 Pro, SigDJ, and Denon D2000. I am hoping to use some form of crossover to have the planar diaphragm of the T50RP dedicated to highs and mids while one set of the above 50mm basshead canon drivers completely dedicate themselves to low-end vibrations of my skull .I know playing around with venting and distortion will be even more difficult now that there will be 2 drivers - it's hard enough to dampen properly with just one. I'm posting here to ask if anyone has textbook style information on how the SZ2000s are implemented and also if anyone has experience building speakers or similar type of audio gear since this will literally just be small speaker system with 50mm subs that you can wear on your head. Thanks! 

Sounds like a difficult but ballsy idea!!

I would thing a hard metal housing would be a must as it needs to force the bass back out and not let it tone out any plastics or low resonance materials. What kind of casing/housing/cups were you gonna use on this frankenbass machine?

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:42 AM Post #2,407 of 12,991
Thanks man...that's dope. Those cans slam nice. The clamping force made doing a video tough:D

I would thing a hard metal housing would be a must as it needs to force the bass back out and not let it tone out any plastics or low resonance materials. What kind of casing/housing/cups were you gonna use on this frankenbass machine?
I immediately thought XB1000 drivers. 70mm vs 55mm... And with some good pads and a planar driver... I think that would be a winner. The SZ's subwoofer is already in a housing with metal chamber. Using the XB1000 driver, we could see what those 70mm's are really capable of.

Oct 9, 2014 at 12:09 PM Post #2,409 of 12,991
  Sorry. The best bass Headphones is a Stax SR-007 MK1 o SR-007 MK2 modded.

In the best bass orthodinamic is Audeze LCD-X

Your first comment was wrong and nobody has claimed such a thing for about 2 years...DT770 best basshead cans??

Second comment is trolling and I'm gonna flag your post next time and ask the mods to restrict you from this thread since you are intentionally trying to waste the OP's time (me) and make the thread harder to navigate for everyone else.

LCD-X are open back ...you know that right? so the closed back version would be better for impact and some just like the 2.2 overall anyway.
You see what a vid can do?
It can take away your whole angle

Then there are the Cannons...

Person who owned all 3 and played them back in the same way on same hardware on same settings called it sz2k>Th900> (loves his planar and said it's another level of clarity but we rank impact so the planar get no mention and planar owners don't care. They and this guy pay big money for the whole sweet piece of pie...detailed bass and all...it's not king of head slamming and nobody ever really said so....so you should stop)

All 3 cans

Cowon iAudio10
flat eq,
Mach3Bass +9
BBE+8

AMP
Fiio E12 - 16db gain,
bass boost on

Oct 9, 2014 at 9:08 PM Post #2,411 of 12,991

Follow the rules please.

This is extreme bass cans. If your not talking about those your in the wrong thread. I'm letting you know that.

http://www.head-fi.org/a/posting-guidelines

Quote:
 Respect the OP's (original poster's) intentions and try and keep comments on topic. If you feel a strong need to (continue to) discuss a particular, but off-topic subject in a thread, start your own thread and direct post a link in the thread rather than derail that thread. If it's not a discussion worthy for a thread, consider taking it to private messages.

If I have not replied or quoted you it's because you are off topic. If I have replied your good to go not including responding to trolls

From Page 1

Q) Who listens to headphones like this?
A) If you're wondering,.... probably not you.

Q) Who are you?
A) I'm a former Car Audio IASCA dB drag competitor. I am pure-breed basshead. I'm used to measuring things. Words like "Cannon" mean nothing to me without some visual proof.
Low frequency audio signals will give you that visual.
Charts, and words like separation,staging, are not of interest to me. A typical mastered Hip-Hop track is going to live along the "V" response anyway.

Q) Why?
A) Because nobody else is. (simple answer). Also because it's fun.
I'm a basshead.
There is room enough on Head-fi for everyone. We do our thing.

B) Low frequency audio signals
using no more than a portable amp and DAP can deliver a vibration to the head that can be felt.
Well...if that's true....and it is  (that you can feel it) then that sensation can be captured...on video. You don't need to ask anyone. You don't need to listen to stuff like "smashes my skull" "melts my face" etc etc. Just look.  The driver size, the pad type, the amount of energy (amp) are all relevant.  The gear and settings are ALWAYS shared. That should be the default for anyone who rec's bass cans. 

I came to Head-fi with one goal.
Hardest hitters are????
Which ones again?

Exactly.

If anyone did answer they never gave the equipment, the track, the settings
frown.gif
. Useless. How can I follow that? 

Guy comes on and claims the Yamaha Pro 500 need to be on the Wiki "Cannon" section.

Oh really?

Show me.

He does.

Now they are.

From the moment of claim to visual proof captured and uploaded took under 25 minutes.

Think about that. His claim to a prove on a public forum in a thread devoted to that...confirmed in 25 minutes.

How long has Youtube been around? How long have decent portable cams on phones been available? 

Put the french up or shut the french up. It's too frenching easy.

Oct 10, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #2,412 of 12,991

Thanks for the images of the SZ2000. I didn't know they were using a "bass ring." So is there an actual crossover circuit in this headphone like speakers or is the filtering of the frequencies non-electronic/acoustically filtered? 

I was originally thinking of just machining round cups out of some aluminum magnesium mix billet (that'd make these things even heavier), but maybe I'll try plastic first. I am kind of stuck right now trying to decide if I should try to use a crossover circuit and electronically separate the two drivers completely or just wire them in phase together and just dampen out the highs and mids in the dynamic driver while letting the planar just produce the entire frequency range from bass to highs and using the jumbo dynamic driver for that massive kickup in bass. I guess I'll just try both ways and see which way sounds better. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 5:12 AM Post #2,413 of 12,991
Which fiio e12 is the one that's recommended or do they both give the bass needed? I'm asking because I have the newer one and don't really want to sell it back if the bass boost isn't the one recommended but won't have a choice. I know the first batch had sub bass boost and this one has 4.2db@100hz....I mean I like what I'm hearing either way but if the old version is the one to get, I'll have to get rid of this one. 

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:10 AM Post #2,414 of 12,991
  Thanks for the images of the SZ2000. I didn't know they were using a "bass ring." So is there an actual crossover circuit in this headphone like speakers or is the filtering of the frequencies non-electronic/acoustically filtered? 

I was originally thinking of just machining round cups out of some aluminum magnesium mix billet (that'd make these things even heavier), but maybe I'll try plastic first. I am kind of stuck right now trying to decide if I should try to use a crossover circuit and electronically separate the two drivers completely or just wire them in phase together and just dampen out the highs and mids in the dynamic driver while letting the planar just produce the entire frequency range from bass to highs and using the jumbo dynamic driver for that massive kickup in bass. I guess I'll just try both ways and see which way sounds better. 

Interview here

Looks like the Kelton method is the crossover as they thought the size of the cans would be too large so they went another route 2 chambers to filter freqs. . As a Car audio guy I'd like my sub x'd over but can see why they didn't. If you unchambered an x-over at 120Hz for example it would need a lot of energy which is maybe part of the low impedance of the sz which may be a must.

If you do this correctly you better get a patent (no joke) The next level is in that balancing of size and acoustics ..... right where you are in thinking.

You remember these right.....old skool design

The tweet and mids acting like a sub as well before big bass drivers became the norm.

Oct 10, 2014 at 6:20 AM Post #2,415 of 12,991
  Which fiio e12 is the one that's recommended or do they both give the bass needed? I'm asking because I have the newer one and don't really want to sell it back if the bass boost isn't the one recommended but won't have a choice. I know the first batch had sub bass boost and this one has 4.2db@100hz....I mean I like what I'm hearing either way but if the old version is the one to get, I'll have to get rid of this one. 

Mine has a lower boost in the sub bass ...not peaking at 100...that wouldn't work for my music library.

It's icing...very important icing on the cake. That little bump in the 20,30,40, peaking at 50Hz area makes a big difference. The distortion line is that little switch for many many cans. Need an effects package like Jeteffects or clear bass or the like as the main tweak.

e12 bass boost effect in a visual.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back