The Hardest hitting Headphones are.. ( "The EXTREME BASS Club")
Aug 18, 2014 at 7:46 AM Post #1,876 of 12,991

​

Thanks, sure they are, here is another vid of it, tested with cbmix, my favourite part is 5:48-6:48

Nice, looking forward to it! I'll have HA-SR44x in 10-12 days, we'll see what JVC cans can do with 40mm drivers :)

​

Whaaa?

2dca7t3.jpg

Argh! Crazy Panda must smash schiit to compensate for the awesome!

10xhr8x.jpg

Clear your fuggin desk NOW for the extreme BAAASSS!

Aug 18, 2014 at 12:05 PM Post #1,877 of 12,991

​

Nice, looking forward to it! I'll have HA-SR44x in 10-12 days, we'll see what JVC cans can do with 40mm drivers :)

​

I'm actually REALLY looking forward to this paper test.
I literally looked right past these multiple times. cb and his DETOX need a challenge in the 40mm range..the MIXR too. I worry bout the double wire interfering with the paper but that's something I'll sure you'll figure out.

Am looking forward to you doing this for the visual archive record and to see what 40mmXX cans do.

Good luck.
popcorn.gif

Aug 18, 2014 at 6:21 PM Post #1,879 of 12,991
9lvHMSA.jpg
... My other phone doesn't take enough fps to really even see the vibrations. I'll have to use my SanDisk sansa rockboxed for the bass test. These came while I was gone, and they needed a signature but I wasn't there so they took it back to the post office. Picked them up today. These are fantastic from an audiophile perspective, ill tell ya that for right now... I'm still gonna email the bass test to you CB. Probably send one overnight.

Aug 18, 2014 at 7:26 PM Post #1,880 of 12,991
9lvHMSA.jpg
... My other phone doesn't take enough fps to really even see the vibrations. I'll have to use my SanDisk sansa rockboxed for the bass test. These came while I was gone, and they needed a signature but I wasn't there so they took it back to the post office. Picked them up today. These are fantastic from an audiophile perspective, ill tell ya that for right now... I'm still gonna email the bass test to you CB. Probably send one overnight.

:cool: :wink:

Aug 18, 2014 at 8:55 PM Post #1,881 of 12,991
Aug 19, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #1,884 of 12,991
I'll tell ya... These stock pads on the WS77's suck so much. They are less than an inch deep. These need new pads most definitely. My ear is right up on the driver housing.

Aug 19, 2014 at 2:24 AM Post #1,885 of 12,991
I'll tell ya... These stock pads on the WS77's suck so much. They are less than an inch deep. These need new pads most definitely. My ear is right up on the driver housing.

Would it not be easier just to cut the bit of your ear off that touches the driver than fussing over new pads?

That's what I do all the time - just keep the bits you trim and put in the freezer at home, then whenever you switch headphone and it's a bigger earcup - just take your trimmings to your local doctors surgery and they just fix them back on, good as new....

:D

So which you prefer - UE6000 or WS77?

Aug 19, 2014 at 6:21 AM Post #1,886 of 12,991
EXTREME BASS CLUB'S F.A.Q
F.A.Q does NOT stand for  "Fuuu....Another Question??"
 ​
 ​

My Inbox is stuffed. There are more owners of the SZ than indicated by the active members comments. They ask their piece, get their answers and move on. That's cool but that and a lot of other stuff might be served better with an F.A.Q section. This will take a while and applies to the thread and all the cans listed in it.

1. What are the best pads for the SZ series headphones?

This must be the most frequently question asked and belongs in the SZ appreciation thread. If it's bass impact your after the XX series pads from the 55x  will do the best and can sometimes be had from ebay or other sites for about the cost of other alternate pads. If you are looking for other pads please ask in the sz thread as that is part of its purpose and they have a very helpful and friendly community over there.

1. If you could add some links it would make this thread more helpful

Actually no.
Separating a person and their cash is no small thing and this thread was started in part because sometimes we forget how influential our opinions can be to others. The time it takes you to find your own links is time to think and gather other opinions. I have zero interest in being a part of anything besides evaluating and highlighting. Nothing beats an over the ear experience. If 10 people say the same thing it's still not as good as hearing for yourself. This is where we gather and compare and rank. You find your own links.

1. What is the point of the paper bass test?

Great question. It's merely a visual display of low frequency energy that is a combination of the air pressure change between the driver and your ear along with the vibration created by the low frequency energy as it effects the surrounding structure particularly the pads. That is the slam/pound/kick/thump that people refer to when talking about bass impact as felt on the head. 
It happens that the display has until this point reflected the over ear listening impressions. If it slams your head it will push the paper and visa versa.

1. Who is she? Why should I give a crap when I see her?

She's the "somebody needs a mommy" icon and is inserted when something is going wrong. The Forum rules are clear but sometimes folks forget so she is a symbolic reminder of the community rules and especially for this thread. Many threads have been closed and many threads related to cans discussed in this thread have had short lives because it turns into a flame fest that has no benefit to the site or its users. Sometimes it's bass-heads cannibalizing each other and sometimes it's non-bass-heads trolling and baiting.

In any case it is non productive and serves no purpose to this thread. This is called "Extreme Bass" and the site knows that. If you are not discussing something related to the thread you are trolling and not following the rules. If you call out another member you are not following the rules. If you are bashing a brand you are not following the purpose of this thread. We raise up cans that we deem worthy and ignore the rest .Leave it to other members and threads to discuss the ones we do not.

We have had 3 occasions in which an intervention was needed and only one involved a Head -fi forum overseer. The other 2 were taken care of by members completely and quickly. Everybody has a bad day and sometimes you're totally correct but it belongs in the PM section and once you realize you put the thread in a bad spot you're expected to re-group and clean your mess fast. Really fast.

The members who took down items they were asked to are respected highly by me as they put the community over themselves. If that happened everywhere we would not need rules and folks to enforce them but we do need the rules however we can navigate within them without being told like children...that we should follow them. Use the flag post icon if contacting me or cb or dubs gets you no remedy. Try and allow us to fix the issue internally. It reflects well on the users and the thread. I thank you for your cooperation in advance.

*under construction
Feel free to post as this will take time and the final version will be copy and pasted and linked to later*

Aug 19, 2014 at 9:58 AM Post #1,887 of 12,991

There you go guys the pandora's in action. 

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:31 AM Post #1,888 of 12,991

EXTREME BASS CLUB'S F.A.Q
F.A.Q does NOT stand for  "Fuuu....Another Question??"
 ​
 ​

My Inbox is stuffed. There are more owners of the SZ than indicated by the active members comments. They ask their piece, get their answers and move on. That's cool but that and a lot of other stuff might be served better with an F.A.Q section. This will take a while and applies to the thread and all the cans listed in it.

1. What are the best pads for the SZ series headphones?

This must be the most frequently question asked and belongs in the SZ appreciation thread. If it's bass impact your after the XX series pads from the 55x  will do the best and can sometimes be had from ebay or other sites for about the cost of other alternate pads. If you are looking for other pads please ask in the sz thread as that is part of its purpose and they have a very helpful and friendly community over there.

1. If you could add some links it would make this thread more helpful

Actually no.
Separating a person and their cash is no small thing and this thread was started in part because sometimes we forget how influential our opinions can be to others. The time it takes you to find your own links is time to think and gather other opinions. I have zero interest in being a part of anything besides evaluating and highlighting. Nothing beats an over the ear experience. If 10 people say the same thing it's still not as good as hearing for yourself. This is where we gather and compare and rank. You find your own links.

1. What is the point of the paper bass test?

Great question. It's merely a visual display of low frequency energy that is a combination of the air pressure change between the driver and your ear along with the vibration created by the low frequency energy as it effects the surrounding structure particularly the pads. That is the slam/pound/kick/thump that people refer to when talking about bass impact as felt on the head. 
It happens that the display has until this point reflected the over ear listening impressions. If it slams your head it will push the paper and visa versa.

1. Who is she? Why should I give a crap when I see her?

She's the "somebody needs a mommy" icon and is inserted when something is going wrong. The Forum rules are clear but sometimes folks forget so she is a symbolic reminder of the community rules and especially for this thread. Many threads have been closed and many threads related to cans discussed in this thread have had short lives because it turns into a flame fest that has no benefit to the site or its users. Sometimes it's bass-heads cannibalizing each other and sometimes it's non-bass-heads trolling and baiting.

In any case it is non productive and serves no purpose to this thread. This is called "Extreme Bass" and the site knows that. If you are not discussing something related to the thread you are trolling and not following the rules. If you call out another member you are not following the rules. If you are bashing a brand you are not following the purpose of this thread. We raise up cans that we deem worthy and ignore the rest .Leave it to other members and threads to discuss the ones we do not.

We have had 3 occasions in which an intervention was needed and only one involved a Head -fi forum overseer. The other 2 were taken care of by members completely and quickly. Everybody has a bad day and sometimes you're totally correct but it belongs in the PM section and once you realize you put the thread in a bad spot you're expected to re-group and clean your mess fast. Really fast.

The members who took down items they were asked to are respected highly by me as they put the community over themselves. If that happened everywhere we would not need rules and folks to enforce them but we do need the rules however we can navigate within them without being told like children...that we should follow them. Use the flag post icon if contacting me or cb or dubs gets you no remedy. Try and allow us to fix the issue internally. It reflects well on the users and the thread. I thank you for your cooperation in advance.

*under construction
Feel free to post as this will take time and the final version will be copy and pasted and linked to later*

Nice and concise and more than suffice...

(I've a bit of experience with rappers........well, candy wrappers 
biggrin.gif
)

But yeah, looks all good stuff for sure 
cool.gif

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:34 AM Post #1,889 of 12,991

Nice and concise and more than suffice...

(I've a bit of experience with rappers........well, candy wrappers 
biggrin.gif
)

But yeah, looks all good stuff for sure 
cool.gif

Oh....it'll be much longer actually
biggrin.gif

I'm gonna take a couple weeks to think of everything that i can say and when somebody asks_________ we can just point them to a link of the post. Let me know if you have anything you wanna add. I'll be adding stuff as it comes to me.

Aug 19, 2014 at 10:53 AM Post #1,890 of 12,991
Thinking of getting these just because I like orange and because I still like the D901s...

http://www.perfect-sound.com.tw/mibo/m100.html

:)

Are they bass cannons?
Well, it seems that these guys offer a "neutral" and a "bassy" version (interchangeable modules?) so, we'll see...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back