The German Maestro GMP 8.35 D Monitor in the studio... serious about audio, INDEED!!
Aug 17, 2009 at 9:06 PM Post #106 of 1,132
Bass was finely controlled previous too. My Slee Solo tend to keep the bass under control even for the DX 1000.

There is surely a bit more detail now with more treble in the play. Closer to the 450 Pro. Maybe better I haven´t had any time to listen to that again. Better soundstaging surely. But it´s still very much in my head. Not that much width but decent depth. instruments more meshed together then what I am used to. But better then stock surely.

Aug 17, 2009 at 9:19 PM Post #107 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Bass was finely controlled previous too. My Slee Solo tend to keep the bass under control even for the DX 1000.

There is surely a bit more detail now with more treble in the play. Closer to the 450 Pro. Maybe better I haven´t had any time to listen to that again. Better soundstaging surely. But it´s still very much in my head. Not that much width but decent depth. instruments more meshed together then what I am used to. But better then stock surely.

Do you like the Slee Solo better then the Heed Canamp, which one of them drive the K-701 better? What is the big differences between them ?

How is the 8.35 sound directly from the Asus compare to the Slee Solo?

Aug 17, 2009 at 11:11 PM Post #108 of 1,132
Acix, you really seem to love these Maestro's, eh...been reading the thread and you seem to be a very enthused fan of this line. I'm still looking to find a US website(I did see the email address but I do like to purchase from an established entity.) I have to admit I'm interested for it's ability to close out external sound. I love my AKG K271S w/SAA Equinox cable but there are times that I'd like more insulation. How are the pads? Are they pleather or velour type? Is there a US Website available with a guarantee? Thanks .

PS...I submit that perhaps you should be getting a sales commission for all the PR your providing them with.

I also note that you definitely do not appear to be a very big fan of Sennheiser but I am and knowing this fact how do you think I would like the German Maestros?

Thanks.

Aug 17, 2009 at 11:21 PM Post #109 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Drumonron /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Acix, you really seem to love these Maestro's, eh...been reading the thread and you seem to be a very enthused fan of this line. I'm still looking to find a US website(I did see the email address but I do like to purchase from an established entity.) I have to admit I'm interested for it's ability to close out external sound. I love my AKG K271S w/SAA Equinox cable but there are times that I'd like more insulation. How are the pads? Are they pleather or velour type? Is there a US Website available with a guarantee? Thanks .

PS...I submit that perhaps you should be getting a sales commission for all your PR your providing them with.

I also note that you definitely do not appear to be a very big fan of Sennheiser but I am and knowing this fact how do you think I would like the German Maestros?

Thanks.

If thats the case, Beyer owes me dearly..

Aug 17, 2009 at 11:47 PM Post #110 of 1,132
Quote:

PS...I submit that perhaps you should be getting a sales commission for all your PR your providing them with.

Thanks.

If you love the K271S, you'll love the 8.35 too, and maybe even more. With the new pads they are almost the same sound color as the AKG. I love the transparency of the K271S in the upper mids. I have some problems with the lower mid compare to the bass, I mean they don't have this punchy controlled bass like the 8.35.

Aug 17, 2009 at 11:58 PM Post #111 of 1,132
Quote:

I also note that you definitely do not appear to be a very big fan of Sennheiser but I am and knowing this fact how do you think I would like the German Maestros? Thanks.

lol, I do like the HD-800 but not the price, and I'm not sure if they have the boost in the lower mids like the HD-650. The only Sennheiser model that I'm cool with, is the HD 250 II Linear.

Aug 18, 2009 at 4:05 AM Post #114 of 1,132
Head-fi newbie here...

Previously owned a set of MS-1's that kind of crapped out..

I went out on a limb and decided to purchase these 8.35's from Germany based on Acix's recommendation (along with an E-MU 0404 to act as a DAC/amp before future upgrades). Hope they turn out good!
atsmile.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:35 AM Post #115 of 1,132
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acix /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you like the Slee Solo better then the Heed Canamp, which one of them drive the K-701 better? What is the big differences between them ?

How is the 8.35 sound directly from the Asus compare to the Slee Solo?

Canamp can drive pretty much any low impedance headphone on the planet I suspect. Surely push a lot of current so in theory probably drives the K701 better. I like it better on the Essence then the Heed but it´s mainly to the DAC part I suspect
smily_headphones1.gif
. The Heed Canamp have to much bass for the 650/ Pro 900/DX 1000. thus I started to search for something tighter. Welcome for the K701 and the soundstage is surely massive on that setup. But it kind of stretched the sound out on the K701 a bit much in the process.

So the big difference is tighter bass, smaller soundstage
frown.gif
, a bit smoother. And it seem to work well with pretty much any headphone
smily_headphones1.gif
But I am looking for a goldpoint headphone pro next. Hope that will give me the Heed soundstage and even better performance with my low impedance headphones.

As for 8.35D directly from the Asus compared to Slee Solo... I haven´t checked that much due to the mega short cable on the 8.35D Monitors... It´s a long way down to the back of my computer
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #116 of 1,132
Quote:

Thanks for the replies, Acix, I've sent an email inquiry to Ray using the email address you provided.

Quote:

Originally Posted by _jon /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Head-fi newbie here...
Previously owned a set of MS-1's that kind of crapped out..

I went out on a limb and decided to purchase these 8.35's from Germany based on Acix's recommendation (along with an E-MU 0404 to act as a DAC/amp before future upgrades). Hope they turn out good!
atsmile.gif

Drumonron, I'm sure they will be great for the drums sessions.
biggrin.gif

Jon, if you're ordering them directly from Germany, better to order the newer pads too.

Aug 18, 2009 at 5:46 AM Post #117 of 1,132
Quote:

Canamp can drive pretty much any low impedance headphone on the planet I suspect. Surely push a lot of current so in theory probably drives the K701 better. I like it better on the Essence then the Heed but it´s mainly to the DAC part I suspect
smily_headphones1.gif
. The Heed Canamp have to much bass for the 650/ Pro 900/DX 1000. thus I started to search for something tighter. Welcome for the K701 and the soundstage is surely massive on that setup. But it kind of stretched the sound out on the K701 a bit much in the process.

So the big difference is tighter bass, smaller soundstage
frown.gif
, a bit smoother. And it seem to work well with pretty much any headphone
smily_headphones1.gif
But I am looking for a goldpoint headphone pro next. Hope that will give me the Heed soundstage and even better performance with my low impedance headphones.

As for 8.35D directly from the Asus compared to Slee Solo... I haven´t checked that much due to the mega short cable on the 8.35D Monitors... It´s a long way down to the back of my computer
wink.gif

Too bad the Asus doesn't have a controller with hp jack, So you connect the 8.35 to the Canamp?

BTW, your ears don't fit the newer pads?
biggrin.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 11:18 AM Post #118 of 1,132
I don´t own the Canamp anymore sadly so the comments is from my memory of it
smily_headphones1.gif
. Just have my Slee Solo currently and it´s what I used most of the time. With Essence and my Keces DAC as main sources. Also tried the headphone out from my receiver. day.

I think they have some front panel but I am afraid that damn thin wire inside the computer will totally ruin the sound. And I have no idea if they have any phono out in front of that one. I would just get some extension cable for my 8.35D Monitors instead then. if I wanted to listen to the headphone out without sitting on the floor
wink.gif
. Ordered some phono to rca cable so I can try both the essence amp+slee solo or goldpoint headphone pro. Just emailed a request to buy the goldpoint pro today

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:12 PM Post #119 of 1,132
Quote:

I don´t own the Canamp anymore sadly so the comments is from my memory of it
smily_headphones1.gif
. Just have my Slee Solo currently and it´s what I used most of the time. With Essence and my Keces DAC as main sources. Also tried the headphone out from my receiver. day.

I think they have some front panel but I am afraid that damn thin wire inside the computer will totally ruin the sound. And I have no idea if they have any phono out in front of that one. I would just get some extension cable for my 8.35D Monitors instead then. if I wanted to listen to the headphone out without sitting on the floor
wink.gif
. Ordered some phono to rca cable so I can try both the essence amp+slee solo or goldpoint headphone pro. Just emailed a request to buy the goldpoint pro today

Congratulations on the horizontal...
beerchug.gif
it will be interesting to compare the Goldpoint to the Slee Solo, and even more interesting to the SPL Auditor. They expend in the same FR, 2Hz to 200KHz.
wink.gif

Aug 18, 2009 at 9:24 PM Post #120 of 1,132
Acix I got the information from Ray Windsor(the US distributor of the German Maestros)....

93-6324 Headphones GMP 160 35 Ohm, Open 119.99
93-6315 Headphones GMP 240 100 Ohm, Open 199.99
93-6323 Headphones GMP 250 100 Ohm, Closed 229.99
93-6311 Headphones GMP 400 300 Ohm, Open 319.99
93-6374 Headphones GMP 435 S 35 Ohm, Open 319.99
93-6365 Headphones GMP 450 Pro 300 Ohm, Closed 349.99
93-6372 Headphones GMP 8.35 D Monitor 35 Ohm, Closed 249.99
93-6373 Headphones GMP 8.300 D Professional 300 Ohm, Closed 219.99
93-6312 Headphones GMH 8.100 D 100 Ohm, Closed USB 169.99
93-6313 Headphones GMH C 8.40 S Industrial Use 169.00

Just Wondering...What are the differences in sound quality from the 300ohm vs the 35ohm....8.35D vs 8.30D?

Also, for open phones....how does the 400s sound?

Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back