The fun/v shaped club
Nov 19, 2011 at 11:49 AM Post #16 of 90
Thanks everyone i updated the list with members and headphones mentioned. Know any more let me know.

Nov 19, 2011 at 11:52 AM Post #17 of 90
grado gs1000i?

Nov 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM Post #19 of 90
Nov 19, 2011 at 7:07 PM Post #20 of 90

Quote:
lol nice, thinking big. 

confused.gif

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:03 AM Post #22 of 90
Can someone care to explain to me what a "fun" sound means?
To me, fun is loads of bass and mids, but with just enough highs so it doesn't sound like crap.

I looked at the glossary for "v-shaped" but I just don't understand....
mad.gif

Any help would be grateful.

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:24 AM Post #24 of 90

If you took your eq in Foobar or I-Tunes and raised the bass and treble in a V shape you would be there. Folks believe a headphone can't reproduce a character in the music which it is not able to, so even eq can make dull headphones more fun but not as fun as natural fun V shape headphones. It's a way to describe a frequency response which is not linear. 

Quote:
To me, fun is loads of bass and mids, but with just enough highs so it doesn't sound like crap.

mad.gif

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:26 AM Post #25 of 90

Quote:

mad.gif

Trance music in general sounds better with a V shape eQ.. More treble and more bass. If you get a chance to listen to a Pioneer headphone. You will understand. Deadmau5 your sig.. You should hear some of that on a Pioneer headphone.  You will probably buy one after.

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:43 AM Post #26 of 90

Quote:
Trance music in general sounds better with a V shape eQ.. More treble and more bass. If you get a chance to listen to a Pioneer headphone. You will understand. Deadmau5 your sig.. You should hear some of that on a Pioneer headphone.  You will probably buy one after.

The v shaped sound sig is also called the smiley curve of rock. It is ideal for rock and metal imo.

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:48 AM Post #27 of 90
Wow I own/owned 5 of the headphones on this list, I guess I know what type of sound I like.

EDIT: You may as well put in the Pro750 I guess, although it doesn't deserve to be here as much as the Pro900. And some of the headphones on the list are kinda iffy like the C710 which should be in the basshead thread (i think it is actually). But the whole "fun" thing I think is very broad so a lot can be included

Nov 20, 2011 at 12:57 AM Post #28 of 90
HiFiMan HE-4 should be added to the list.

Nov 20, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #29 of 90
To me having a bassy phone with recessed or limp highs just don't sound right.   AKG 518 Le for example. They are not bad sounding head phones per se but they sound is like 25% highs 35% mids and 40% lows... Don't know if there is a slope club but that is how I would describe them. 

If you guys are a fan of the V signature. I am very surprised not more guys get into the Pioneer headphones. They are the very definition of what this thread is about. My HDJ500 for example. Sounds like you are in a club..Lively treble and big monster bass...

@bcasey25raptor. You bring up a good point. Guitar and drums more lively with a V curve. I will have to listen to some rock with my HDJ500s. Never thought about that. On 2nd thought I do use my Denon D2000 for rock which is another V shape sounding phone and those sound awesome for rock so you are right.

Nov 20, 2011 at 2:33 AM Post #30 of 90

Quote:

Well.... everyone else is suggesting low-end headphones... o.0

nvm forget it. 

@bcasey I think the best response curve for rock and metal is boosted mids and highs for guitar and vocals. Mid bass is quite important, but sub-bass is not really needed. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back