The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Feb 11, 2014 at 1:12 AM Post #2,087 of 6,694
Guys, guys.......

Increasing amount of audio gear will be noticeable at the end of the day. And deception is the destruction of marriages! The best way to go about it is, just double the price of your purchases...and increase your other half's collection of bags, shoes or whatever she is into etc...........

An example:-

My recent Stax 009 and 007 purchases

Was reciprocated by two Hermes bags

And the best part is, there is still credit for another pair of FitEars or the AK240 or Hugo, without complaints or moaning.....

Bartering is the best approach, for a happy and long lasting marriage
wink_face.gif

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:20 AM Post #2,088 of 6,694
  Guys, guys.......

Increasing amount of audio gear will be noticeable at the end of the day. And deception is the destruction of marriages! The best way to go about it is, just double the price of your purchases...and increase your other half's collection of bags, shoes or whatever she is into etc...........

An example:-

My recent Stax 009 and 007 purchases

Was reciprocated by two Hermes bags

And the best part is, there is still credit for another pair of FitEars or the AK240 or Hugo, without complaints or moaning.....

Bartering is the best approach, for a happy and long lasting marriage
wink_face.gif

what amp is that if i may ask?

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:27 AM Post #2,090 of 6,694
Gavin, please just stab my eyeballs
LOL 

Feb 11, 2014 at 1:47 AM Post #2,092 of 6,694

It is the Cavalli LL2

BUT guys don't do what I did, buying this in a space of 3 months, otherwise, you will end up going shopping looking at bags instead of listening..............
blink.gif

You might also get bored of your purchases XD. With so many kilobuck audio gear, the new toy sensation won't be there anymore!

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:03 AM Post #2,094 of 6,694
  You might also get bored of your purchases XD. With so many kilobuck audio gear, the new toy sensation won't be there anymore!

I don't think one actually gets bored with the actual purchase. The results of the said purchase might do though, for me, it gets thrown into my "never speak about or listen to anymore" box.

But going back to FitEar, every pair of their customs, I use frequently, when I am out. If one were to critique them, they may not be the best in any specific element, but they all do sound awfully correct to my ears in presentation as a whole. Certain pairs have their stylized sound to cater for specific genres. But with the 435, MH334 and the 223 you cannot go wrong. 

I should add that the 223 is the absolute bargain of the range, priced around the Parterre and under the TG334.........great entry into the customs from FitEar!

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:12 AM Post #2,096 of 6,694

I don't think one actually gets bored with the actual purchase. The results of the said purchase might do though, for me, it gets thrown into my "never speak about or listen to anymore" box.

But going back to FitEar, every pair of their customs, I use frequently, when I am out. If one were to critique them, they may not be the best in any specific element, but they all do sound awfully correct to my ears in presentation as a whole. Certain pairs have their stylized sound to cater for specific genres. But with the 435, MH334 and the 223 you cannot go wrong. 

I should add that the 223 is the absolute bargain of the range, priced around the Parterre and under the TG334.........great entry into the customs from FitEar!

How does it fair against the TG334? I'm tempted (when I order) to get a 223 along with my preferred model. Perhaps the 223 can work as a replacement for the 334?

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:31 AM Post #2,097 of 6,694
  Gavin

How can you listen to portable gear after having this setup?? Really awesome

CHG

It is all relative and management of one's expectations. However, I do have a personal scoring for all my gear and basically :-

Based upon - If a well-played Steinway Grand is 100pts and my home system is around 93.5pts

Then my best headphone attains 86pts and IEMs are generally below 80pts with one exception.

The above is all to my preferences of course.

How does it fair against the TG334? I'm tempted (when I order) to get a 223 along with my preferred model. Perhaps the 223 can work as a replacement for the 334?

PM'ed

Feb 11, 2014 at 2:42 AM Post #2,098 of 6,694
223 or 435 next? Hmmm

Feb 11, 2014 at 4:46 AM Post #2,099 of 6,694
Feb 11, 2014 at 4:54 AM Post #2,100 of 6,694

Users who are viewing this thread

Back