The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Mar 15, 2015 at 2:12 PM Post #4,246 of 6,694
oh. from what jaben quote me just 400-500 for reshell and shipping.  time is money yes, but money isn't that easy to earn too.

furthermore, if you call paying money as problem solving I will say you yet to see the real world

The simplest analogy I can give you here is: when the government issues you a fine, and you decides to challenge it via lawsuits and end up wasting more time and money because the likelyhood of you winning the case is extremely low. I gave you my analysis in my previous post. And yes, money isn't easy to earn, I do acknowledge that.

Alternatively, you can try your best to convince jaben to send it back to fitear to access the problem. Chances are, in this situation it is pretty obvious that jaben wants to make a load of cash off you. Even if they send it back to fitear, and even if fitear tells them that: hey its a manufacturing defect, and we will repair it for free. Do you expect jaben to tell you that? I believe they will say: hey the repair costs 400 to 500, since I believe that's their intention to begin with.

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:20 PM Post #4,247 of 6,694
The simplest analogy I can give you here is: when the government issues you a fine, and you decides to challenge it via lawsuits and end up wasting more time and money because the likelyhood of you winning the case is extremely low. I gave you my analysis in my previous post. And yes, money isn't easy to earn, I do acknowledge that.

Alternatively, you can try your best to convince jaben to send it back to fitear to access the problem. Chances are, in this situation it is pretty obvious that jaben wants to make a load of cash off you. Even if they send it back to fitear, and even if fitear tells them that: hey its a manufacturing defect, and we will repair it for free. Do you expect jaben to tell you that? I believe they will say: hey the repair costs 400 to 500, since I believe that's their intention to begin with.

different context bro. way different. what analogy is that?

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:39 PM Post #4,249 of 6,694
The simplest analogy I can give you here is: when the government issues you a fine, and you decides to challenge it via lawsuits and end up wasting more time and money because the likelyhood of you winning the case is extremely low.

What kind of dumb analogy is that? U r comparing Jaben (a private organization) to the government? Seriously, dude?

Mar 15, 2015 at 2:43 PM Post #4,250 of 6,694

What kind of dumb analogy is that? U r comparing Jaben (a private organization) to the government? Seriously, dude?

Well, you may see it as a dumb analogy, it is your point of view. Not mine, one man's meat is another man's poison. I chose to express it that way, and I remain firm. If you have any disagreements, do not resort to making personal attacks on this forum :). This is an audio community for discussion regarding audio matters. I sincerely hope that you could be more rational :). Have a good day man! 

Mar 15, 2015 at 10:06 PM Post #4,251 of 6,694
Is it ok to post a photo of the defect? 500 SGD for repairing a chip is too much, you might as well bring your unit to any hearing aid lab and with a touch of lacquer and some buffering your 435 will be fine and dandy again, all in less than 10 minutes if it's just a chip.

And the staff who said reshelling is neccessary is both ridiculous and irresponsible.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:28 PM Post #4,252 of 6,694
Would like to urge everyone here to be kind and sensitive in your words to other members.

If there's anything that you feel inappropriate, you may want to PM the member rather than to degenerate this thread into a tripartite argument.

Mar 15, 2015 at 11:45 PM Post #4,253 of 6,694
Well, you may see it as a dumb analogy, it is your point of view. Not mine, one man's meat is another man's poison. I chose to express it that way, and I remain firm. If you have any disagreements, do not resort to making personal attacks on this forum :). This is an audio community for discussion regarding audio matters. I sincerely hope that you could be more rational :). Have a good day man! 

Though I'd have to agree with Joe that your analogy is out of context, you correctly said you are entitled to your opinion, regardless how dumb it is. More importantly, you made a libelous accusation that "it is pretty obvious that Jaben wants to make a load of cash off you". That is a completely irresponsible and immature thing to say and is out of order anywhere even in a forum.

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:12 AM Post #4,254 of 6,694

sorry its not very clear. to clarify the staff did not say I must reshell it.

"just continue using until you feel that your ear is pain or the whole custom crack then you send in for reshell" that's what he said

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:26 AM Post #4,255 of 6,694
Is it the ridge between 2 sound bores that cracked or the edge of the canal tip?

Either way, FitEar could fix this in no time at all.10' or 15' for building up the lost portion and buffering the whole thing and it's done. 

Go directly to Suyama, he's on Twitter all the time so you have better chance there. Even in the off chance it's not covered by warranty there's no way it costs 500 SGD.

Or you can ask any hearing aid lab if wait time is a problem, they fix this kind of crack and chip all the time.

P.S you can't reshell FitEar IEM. that's some basic knowledge a sale rep should know in the 1st place. and that's some irresponsible reply you received there.

Mar 16, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #4,256 of 6,694
  Is it the ridge between 2 sound bores that cracked or the edge of the canal tip?

Either way, FitEar could fix this in no time at all.10' or 15' for building up the lost portion and buffering the whole thing and it's done. 

Go directly to Suyama, he's on Twitter all the time so you have better chance there. Even in the off chance it's not covered by warranty there's no way it costs 500 SGD.

Or you can ask any hearing aid lab if wait time is a problem, they fix this kind of crack and chip all the time.

P.S you can't reshell FitEar IEM. that's some basic knowledge a sale rep should know in the 1st place. and that's some irresponsible reply you received there.

the ridge between 2 sound bores.

oh thanks I shall try my luck on twitter later

Mar 16, 2015 at 1:53 AM Post #4,257 of 6,694

sorry its not very clear. to clarify the staff did not say I must reshell it.

"just continue using until you feel that your ear is pain or the whole custom crack then you send in for reshell" that's what he said

From the look of the picture that chip is sharp and not from wear and tear but from dropping it against hard surface.  That sharp edge chip from hard acrylic shell can't be happened just because cleaning with tissue as you mention.  Don't get me wrong I don't try to pick a fight or judge anyone here.  all I want to say is that chip is really nothing you can just sand it off and buff it shine again.  It won't affect the fit at all.  Fitear is one of a few shell processing that make it shallow fit instead of deep fit.  That means that the tip part is not that crucial to the seal that you need for wearing it.  Please stop wasting thread space by fighting about this non-productive opinion.  We have gone out of the main topic for too much now. 

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:10 AM Post #4,258 of 6,694

From the look of the picture that chip is sharp and not from wear and tear but from dropping it against hard surface.  That sharp edge chip from hard acrylic shell can't be happened just because cleaning with tissue as you mention.  Don't get me wrong I don't try to pick a fight or judge anyone here.  all I want to say is that chip is really nothing you can just sand it off and buff it shine again.  It won't affect the fit at all.  Fitear is one of a few shell processing that make it shallow fit instead of deep fit.  That means that the tip part is not that crucial to the seal that you need for wearing it.  Please stop wasting thread space by fighting about this non-productive opinion.  We have gone out of the main topic for too much now. 

noted thanks.
understand where youre coming from, but its the truth I did not drop my ciem before and the piece the chipped off on the tissue. just to make it clear before others start making "useful" comment on this.

as you can see from my sig I don't update and I seldom post anything on forum. but im just disappointed with how J handles this issue and hoping to seek some useful opinion on how I should get this fixed.

no other intentions

any suggestion where can I get it done?

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:34 AM Post #4,259 of 6,694
Why not try letting Mr Suyama know J's reply to you?

Feedback on their dealers is valuable.

Mar 16, 2015 at 2:36 AM Post #4,260 of 6,694
  Why not try letting Mr Suyama know J's reply to you?

Feedback on their dealers is valuable.

yep ive already pm him. waiting for his reply now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back