The FitEar CIEM Impressions Thread
Jan 20, 2015 at 9:17 PM Post #4,186 of 6,694
Thanks for the reply everyone, I've kind of narrowed it down to 4 cables, but I have no idea how to test them since no one around me sells them.

At the moment I've got the Wagnus Diamond Dust (Pricey), Moon Audio Silver Dragon, Toxic Picolino, and BTG starlight. 

Which one should I plunge into?

Like Mimo, I've not tried the others, but silver cables (Silver Dragon, Picollino) will sound quite different from copper/hybrid (Diamond Dust, Starlight). It will really be a plunge of blind faith if you make a decision without trying or knowing the type of sound you prefer. If you are unable to test these exact cables, perhaps you can try some silver and copper/hybrid ones and see what type of sound suits the music you listen to more before deciding.

Jan 21, 2015 at 5:51 PM Post #4,187 of 6,694
I was initially thinking $300. But I think I can push for the Wagnus. So, from the 4, budget isn't the problem. I might have to put this on hold until I can try them. 

Thanks for your help guys!

Jan 31, 2015 at 5:56 AM Post #4,194 of 6,694
These really are something. The mh335dw. I went to jaben Malaysia to test them out. And i honestly can't stand my roxxanes anymore. Considering I just got the Roxx 2weeks ago and was completely smitten with it before I heard the 335

Jan 31, 2015 at 6:57 AM Post #4,195 of 6,694
These really are something. The mh335dw. I went to jaben Malaysia to test them out. And i honestly can't stand my roxxanes anymore. Considering I just got the Roxx 2weeks ago and was completely smitten with it before I heard the 335

Two weeks? That must be a world record.

Feb 1, 2015 at 12:15 AM Post #4,197 of 6,694
Yeah. Took about 5 hours of constant playing to forget that fitear 335 sound (kind off). The roxxanes are back to acceptable standards lol.

Damn the Japanese. Theyseem to be experts in making beautiful things. The roxxanes looked and sounded horrible next to those.
I own both and feel quite differently on the matter. Of course the 335 are the most comfortable custom there is, so no match there. On the sound part, the are very different. The Roxannes are clearer and sound much more spacious. The 335 have a thicker bass which encompasses you, and the sound is sweeter and more cohesive. For me it would be difficult to recommend one over the other as their sounds are really not comparable. Maybe I would chose the 335 for the overall package but the Roxannes might be more versatile.

Feb 1, 2015 at 4:48 AM Post #4,198 of 6,694
I own both and feel quite differently on the matter. Of course the 335 are the most comfortable custom there is, so no match there. On the sound part, the are very different. The Roxannes are clearer and sound much more spacious. The 335 have a thicker bass which encompasses you, and the sound is sweeter and more cohesive. For me it would be difficult to recommend one over the other as their sounds are really not comparable. Maybe I would chose the 335 for the overall package but the Roxannes might be more versatile.

I feel like maybe I was overly smitten by them, as I have a bias towards Japanese and fitear products. I'll be taking a better listen today.

Having said that, I really loved the fitears cohesive ness, clarity and amazing bass.

Perhaps my roxxanes aren't well amped

Feb 1, 2015 at 11:07 AM Post #4,199 of 6,694
Haha damn it. You guys are making me miss my 335s that are currently in repair. 

Feb 1, 2015 at 6:57 PM Post #4,200 of 6,694
Guys,

Back onto the cables... I'm going with SPC, so BTG Starlight and Wagnus Diamond Dust. Realistically what makes the Wagnus 4 times more?

Is it build quality or do they really have that big of a difference on audio quality? Anyone have both?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back