The first thing you do when you wake up?
Apr 25, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #32 of 87

Quote:
How do you all manage to motivate yourselves out of bed in the morning? Perhaps I'm doomed to being lazy or something, but I can't help but hit the snooze button 1000 times. I've even tried putting the alarm on the other side of the room, but I innevitably end up back in bed falling asleep. Yes, I'm a moron, and for some reason in the morning the "its okay to just rest here" voice seems infinitely more logical than the "get your $%$%# #$# up you peice of @#$%" voice.

current routine: I set my alarm 30 minutes earlier than necessary, hit snooze about 6 times, then rush off to class, adding other steps such as getting coffee and brushing teeth depending on the time.

Meet a drill instructor and ask him to IT you.
Everytime you wake up, imagine that moment.

When I wake up I dont hit snooze, I set my alarm 10-13minutes back and back to sleep. I wake up again, grab my towel, open my door, and run to the driveway

Apr 25, 2011 at 9:53 PM Post #34 of 87
Turn on my notebook, and read music news. 

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:20 PM Post #35 of 87
7am, waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’
Gotta get down to the bus stop

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #36 of 87
Early in the mornin, risin to the street.
Light me up a cigarette and I'll strap shoes on my feet.

It figures that this would degrade to poetry and song lyrics.

Apr 26, 2011 at 5:30 PM Post #37 of 87
Turn to the other side. lol Maybe open my eyes. Sometimes I gotta stop the alarm clock too. It really depends. A pretty pointless question, sorry.

Apr 26, 2011 at 6:14 PM Post #38 of 87
Peel eyelids open... look at ringing alarm clock on cellphone... consider that last night was probably not a great idea... hit snooze a few times... wake up 40 minutes later... grab phone to check weather for the day, news around the world, facebook updates from friends... get out of bed and start the day. :)

Depending on quality of last night, before getting out of bed, lie across bed with head hanging off bed to force blood into it, slither to the floor and crawl to bathroom to stare horrified at the glowing red eyes in the reflection...

Apr 27, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #41 of 87
Brush up and down a quick breakfast (sometimes this step has to be skipped, depending on if I decide to snooze or not...
frown.gif
). Then off to class I go!

Apr 27, 2011 at 4:04 AM Post #42 of 87
How do you all manage to motivate yourselves out of bed in the morning? Perhaps I'm doomed to being lazy or something, but I can't help but hit the snooze button 1000 times. I've even tried putting the alarm on the other side of the room, but I innevitably end up back in bed falling asleep. Yes, I'm a moron, and for some reason in the morning the "its okay to just rest here" voice seems infinitely more logical than the "get your $%$%# #$# up you peice of @#$%" voice.

current routine: I set my alarm 30 minutes earlier than necessary, hit snooze about 6 times, then rush off to class, adding other steps such as getting coffee and brushing teeth depending on the time.
You need a cat. They put everything in perspective.

Mine is really, really good at sleeping the night through. But Mai Tai (the kitty) is very regular about getting up around 7AM, uses the box, and wants food. Kind of a pain in the ass, but she keeps me on a schedule. Some reward to it, too, since I don't oversleep these days.

Apr 27, 2011 at 11:30 AM Post #43 of 87

Quote:
I try to open my eyes, and then put on my shower sandals and head to the bathroom. I walk into a shower stall, lock it, then take off my boxers and shirt, turn on the water, check the water to see if it's warm, step in, and then proceed to rub soap on myself. I usually start to grumble. I also put shampoo in my hair. I then rinse off ALL SUDS. I take the towel (blue) and then try to vigorously dry my hair. I then proceed to dry the rest of my body. When I am sufficiently dry, I put my boxers back on, and drape the towel and shirt over my left shoulder. I then unlock and leave the shower stall, then leave the bathroom. I enter the room, and turn on the closet light. I then choose a pair of pants and shirt, and try to find some clean socks/underwear. I put those on. I then grumble some more and hope that I didn't wake up the roommates. I put a pen and a tube of chapstick in my pocket, then close my backpack after checking that my calculator is in it. I then put on my backpack, turn off the closet light, open the door, and leave the room. I then walk down the hall to the stairs, turn right, and walk down the stairs to the lobby. I then walk through the lobby, turn right, and leave the residence hall. I turn right and walk through the bank of bike locks, eventually leading to the sidewalk. I veer right, and then proceed to chem lecture.

You have won this thread.........
biggrin.gif

Apr 27, 2011 at 12:46 PM Post #44 of 87
Quote:
7am, waking up in the morning
Gotta be fresh, gotta go downstairs
Gotta have my bowl, gotta have cereal
Seein’ everything, the time is goin’
Tickin’ on and on, everybody’s rushin’
Gotta get down to the bus stop

I knew this was coming, but I wasn't quite sure when. I don't know whether to thank you or curse you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back