The first balanced ultra-portable headphone amp in the world....
Jan 9, 2010 at 6:41 AM Post #196 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lil' Knight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
It's not for the connector alone. They have to change the design of the cable completely since the stock cable can't be terminated to balanced.

So....you're trying to say a cable like the westone es cable I have here doesn't have 4 wires that can be arranged in a balanced configuration.
2 wires come from each ear... so I assume there are 4 total further down...
No I'm DEFINATELY wrong. It can't possibly be balanced with rays 4 pin connector. Probably wouldn't beable to tell which wire is which too, multimeters DEFINATELY can't do that.

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:55 PM Post #197 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by BaboonGuy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wowee. This is fabulous.

Subbed... this is on my short to buy list for when I get more monies...

Jerry Harvey if you're reading this, I would also buy a JH13 with a balanced cable pre-installed to go along with this. Would pay $100 premium for the balanced cable too.

I ordered their balance cable with the normal connectors at the RMAF when I ordered my JH13s. They thought I would have it in a few weeks. Three months later and as far as I know it still doesn't exist. I went ahead and order a 10 foot balanced from Craig and received it in within 2 weeks.

Jan 9, 2010 at 1:59 PM Post #198 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by Audio Addict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I ordered their balance cable with the normal connectors at the RMAF when I ordered my JH13s. They thought I would have it in a few weeks. Three months later and as far as I know it still doesn't exist. I went ahead and order a 10 foot balanced from Craig and received it in within 2 weeks.

It's strange to me too. I asked Jerry about the balanced cable and he told me they have some in stock. In the same time, Brittany told me to wait for the price. Until now I have no idea if they have it or not.

Jan 9, 2010 at 4:58 PM Post #199 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Of course it will, it's "well-balanced", isn't it?
smile.gif

That's what I was afraid of.

Jan 10, 2010 at 6:49 AM Post #201 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by immtbiker /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So the second jack would be for single ended 3.5mm headphones?
This amp can produce both single ended and balanced outputs at the same time? Quite an innovation...meeting the needs of users both casual and serious.

Very interesting. Interesting indeed. Just when you thought it couldn't get any better. The other amp builders are probably wonder how to counteract this unique move. But this will go in the books as the first (not counting the Stax mentioned B4).
lease put me on the pre-order list, my Ray Samuels closet needs a new addition. The Shadow is lonely on it's own shelf
tongue.gif

Look at the early photos, the balance output plug blocks out the standard 3.5mm jack so no you can't use both at once. The signals are there but not usable at the same time.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #202 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by aj-kun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So....you're trying to say a cable like the westone es cable I have here doesn't have 4 wires that can be arranged in a balanced configuration.
2 wires come from each ear... so I assume there are 4 total further down...
No I'm DEFINATELY wrong. It can't possibly be balanced with rays 4 pin connector. Probably wouldn't beable to tell which wire is which too, multimeters DEFINATELY can't do that.

The Westone cable only has 3 conductors under the y-splitter. The ground splits into 2 above the y.

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:31 PM Post #204 of 902
Finally it is here. Worth every minute of waiting for it. This wire, from Whiplash Audio, in BALANCED CONFIG, sets new level of performance when paired with your JHPRO13. The music extends around your head, behind your ears.
This Balanced cable is the very first of it's kind, many others will follow as far as I know. I have been listening to my music two nights in a row using the Protector balanced amp in combination with JHPRO13 & Whiplash balanced cable, the experience is beyond what I have ever heard.
Below you will find some of the pictures I have taken.
Ray Samuels

DSC_6249.jpg

DSC_6252.jpg

DSC_6253.jpg

DSC_6254.jpg

DSC_6255.jpg

Jan 12, 2010 at 6:58 PM Post #206 of 902
I have been trying to fool myself into thinking I will be able to not purchase this. Got my TWAG single ended JH13 cable and knew within 20 seconds of listening to it that there is NO WAY I can make it without hearing it balanced from the Protector.

Ray - don't keep us in suspense....when is the release date?

Jan 12, 2010 at 7:21 PM Post #208 of 902
Is the pre order open for the Protector? Ray, can I have Serial# 001 Thanks.

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:09 PM Post #209 of 902
dude, you're way too early to be asking for a pre-order.... until ray post up pictures of the Protector with enclosure, like what he did with the Shadow, the preorder won't be around the corner.

Jan 12, 2010 at 8:30 PM Post #210 of 902
Quote:

Originally Posted by xuan87 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
dude, you're way too early to be asking for a pre-order.... until ray post up pictures of the Protector with enclosure, like what he did with the Shadow, the preorder won't be around the corner.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ray Samuels /img/forum/go_quote.gif
DSC_6237.jpg

ennndennnnnnnn.....(and then...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back