The Fiio X5 Thread
Aug 12, 2014 at 5:16 AM Post #11,732 of 19,652
Thanks for the addition of the lockscreen WITHOUT center button!

The amount of times the screen got activated started to really bother me, but now no more!

I thought option 1 was always with no centre button (except long press). Isn't option 2 the new one with centre button, but no X buttons?

Aug 12, 2014 at 5:18 AM Post #11,733 of 19,652
I thought option 1 was always with no centre button (except long press). Isn't option 2 the new one with centre button, but no X buttons?

A long press of the centre button always activated the screen, even though this wasn't shown in the settings.

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:19 PM Post #11,736 of 19,652

According to their BugZilla it is one of the highest/most requested.

The only logical explanation must be that it is a bug extremely difficult to solve from a firmware programming point of view.

I'm happy with the cumulative improvements, though. However, the 2x128GB mSD owners will not be so happy to learn this file limit was not addressed.

Aug 12, 2014 at 12:23 PM Post #11,737 of 19,652
Folks, we have new official firmware!
biggrin.gif

http://www.head-fi.org/t/730300/fiio-x5-firmware-2-20-download-and-discussion

Three things:

1) Thank you! This is very welcome!
2) Please, please, please consider making a more powerful balance control setting for the X5. There are thousands of users that need more panning control. And if you build an E12 with a hardware balance control, you will sell them by the pallets.
3) Thanks again!

Aug 13, 2014 at 7:55 AM Post #11,738 of 19,652
I posted this on Fiio's Facebook page. Thought I would try it here as well. I have created a .m3u playlist. However, when I go to playlists on my Fiio X5, it says that it cannot find any files in it. How can I make the X5 play the songs on the playlist? (I naturally downloaded the new firmware and updated the library.) I can see the name of the playlist when I go to the card folder, but it says that it cannot find any files. I can open the playlist, though, on Foobar and VLC media players on my desktop... Has anyone created a playlist and played it on the X5?

Thanks!

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:04 AM Post #11,739 of 19,652
You have to open the playlist from within folder view.  Although you create it manually - it doesn't appear in the playlist list (which is a PITA).  Fiio is aware of the issue.

Try browsing to the actual playlist file in folder view and opening it. 

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:08 AM Post #11,740 of 19,652
  The only logical explanation must be that it is a bug extremely difficult to solve from a firmware programming point of view.

I'm happy with the cumulative improvements, though. However, the 2x128GB mSD owners will not be so happy to learn this file limit was not addressed.

Indeed, I have 2x128GB. until it is fixed I have to use the file browser and thus remember on which of the two microSD cards an Artist/album is located. (In about 2 years there probably will be 256GB microSD cards, what will we do then?)
But for now I manage and am still happy with my X5.

Aug 13, 2014 at 8:13 AM Post #11,741 of 19,652
[COLOR=333333]I posted this on Fiio's Facebook page. Thought I would try it here as well. I have created a .m3u playlist. However, when I go to playlists on my Fiio X5, it says that it cannot find any files in it. How can I make the X5 play the songs on the playlist? (I naturally downloaded the new firmware and updated the library[/COLOR][COLOR=333333].) I can see the name of the playlist when I go to the card folder, but it says that it cannot find any files. I can open the playlist, though, on Foobar and VLC media players on my desktop... Has anyone created a playlist and played it on the X5?[/COLOR]

[COLOR=333333]Thanks![/COLOR]

Edit the playlist on your computer, and change "A:/" (letter colon slash) to TF1:/ for the folders located on your first mSD card, and TF2:/ for your second.

D:/music/artist/album/track.flac
Must become
TF1:/music/artist/album/track.flac

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:31 AM Post #11,742 of 19,652
I'm trying to use the X5 as a DAC and it's been installed correctly (I've used it previously with no problems). However, it's now disconnecting and reconnecting randomly. It will disappear for less than a second at random intervals only to reappear again like nothing happened.

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:40 AM Post #11,743 of 19,652
I'm trying to use the X5 as a DAC and it's been installed correctly (I've used it previously with no problems). However, it's now disconnecting and reconnecting randomly. It will disappear for less than a second at random intervals only to reappear again like nothing happened.

Are you using the cable that came with it?

Is it plugged in correctly? (Not loose)

Aug 13, 2014 at 9:55 AM Post #11,745 of 19,652

Users who are viewing this thread

Back