The Fiio X5 Thread
Dec 27, 2014 at 2:00 PM Post #14,598 of 19,652

That was uncalled for! I tend to think he was simply saying that Foobar was easier than some think it is!
Which is accurate!

Please turn on your sarcasm detector, good sir
wink_face.gif

Well, for this bloke it only took a week and as far as I've understood “he's from Barcelona and it was easier to train a monkey''

How's that for sarcasm?
biggrin.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:02 PM Post #14,599 of 19,652
That was uncalled for! I tend to think he was simply saying that Foobar was easier than some think it is!
Which is accurate!

Actually he stated that in an hour you could fully understand everything that Foobar does (which is BS IMO). I've been using it for 4-5 years now. It is extremely powerful, and I'm still learning what it's capable of. Just take a look at some of the programming that goes into the themes etc. I think Skerry might have just been slightly exaggerating claiming that he can understand everything in an hour :)

Of course it could just be me being thick as two planks :wink:

Dec 27, 2014 at 2:39 PM Post #14,600 of 19,652
Actually he stated that in an hour you could fully understand everything that Foobar does (which is BS IMO). I've been using it for 4-5 years now. It is extremely powerful, and I'm still learning what it's capable of. Just take a look at some of the programming that goes into the themes etc. I think Skerry might have just been slightly exaggerating claiming that he can understand everything in an hour
smily_headphones1.gif

Of course it could just be me being thick as two planks
wink.gif

I've used FB2K since the early 2000s.  Z X C and V were easy control keys for play, pause etc.  The arrow keys were convenient timejump controls.  We lost them in later versions for tagging or something, but I don't use any other player.  My only dificulty with it is that I can't yet get the bloody DSD files to work.  Makes me feel planklike.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #14,603 of 19,652
Actually he stated that in an hour you could fully understand everything that Foobar does (which is BS IMO). I've been using it for 4-5 years now. It is extremely powerful, and I'm still learning what it's capable of. Just take a look at some of the programming that goes into the themes etc. I think Skerry might have just been slightly exaggerating claiming that he can understand everything in an hour :)

Of course it could just be me being thick as two planks :wink:

Ok, maybe I wasn't being completely sarcastic. To be completely honest, I don't find some people's way of "helping" very helpful.

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:52 PM Post #14,604 of 19,652
Ok, maybe I wasn't being completely sarcastic. To be completely honest, I don't find some people's way of "helping" very helpful.

It's funny because you were even less helpful with the original comment :p

Dec 27, 2014 at 3:58 PM Post #14,605 of 19,652
He's (nmatheis) been WAY helpful to me.

I thought we discussed adding a sarcasm emoticon here.  Guess the mod hasn't gotten around to it yet.  

How's this one?

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:00 PM Post #14,606 of 19,652
Actually he stated that in an hour you could fully understand everything that Foobar does (which is BS IMO). I've been using it for 4-5 years now. It is extremely powerful, and I'm still learning what it's capable of. Just take a look at some of the programming that goes into the themes etc. I think Skerry might have just been slightly exaggerating claiming that he can understand everything in an hour
smily_headphones1.gif

Of course it could just be me being thick as two planks
wink.gif

I've used FB2K since the early 2000s.  Z X C and V were easy control keys for play, pause etc.  The arrow keys were convenient timejump controls.  We lost them in later versions for tagging or something, but I don't use any other player.  My only dificulty with it is that I can't yet get the bloody DSD files to work.  Makes me feel planklike.

Foobar 2000 is an extremely powerful program, so it is not surprising it has a steep learning curve, but one that is really worthwhile getting to grips with.
If you need help with DSDs, be it playing through X5 or Hugo as as USB DAC or copying to X5 embedded as FLAC for playing as native DSD through the Hugo feel free to pm me as all but the first will be off topic here.

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:05 PM Post #14,607 of 19,652
Originally Posted by olddude /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I thought we discussed adding a sarcasm emoticon here.

beerchug.gif

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:07 PM Post #14,608 of 19,652
He's (nmatheis) been WAY helpful to me.

I thought we discussed adding a sarcasm emoticon here.  Guess the mod hasn't gotten around to it yet.  

How's this one?

I believe officially it's " ؟ "

It's funny because you were even less helpful with the original comment ؟

Dec 27, 2014 at 4:14 PM Post #14,609 of 19,652

http://www.psaudio.com/ps_how/how-to-play-dsd-files-on-foobar/
With additional links.
Another One

One More

I have it working, so it can be done.

Dec 27, 2014 at 5:22 PM Post #14,610 of 19,652
Aiieee!!!

You want helpful? Well, I don't use Foobar2k since I switched to a Mac. Back in the day when I owned a Windows PC (shudder, shudder - no sarcasm there :wink_face:) I tried it and found it to be a complex piece of software. Now that's not saying it's complex for everyone, but I help a lot of family members with with tech support so I figure if it's complex for me it's probably complex for your average Joe. So for someone to speak up and say something that can be construed as "well, it's easy enough for me" without taking the time to actually be helpful makes me think that person is a blowhard. If that makes me a jerk, so be it. I'm a big boy and can take the heat. I think there are plenty of genuinely helpful people on this thread - and then there are some who just blow smoke.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back