The Fiio X5 Thread
Nov 30, 2014 at 9:12 PM Post #13,951 of 19,652
"Yep, put all the sliders UP and then lower the ones you want to decrease.  For our basshead 
smile.gif
 that would mean all of the bass sliders up and the rest lower, then play with volume control.  "

Using the eq lowers the device's loudness.  You need to increase the volume to make up for that.  

And, again, the eq on the X5 is minimalistic.  

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:03 PM Post #13,952 of 19,652
  "Yep, put all the sliders UP and then lower the ones you want to decrease.  For our basshead 
smile.gif
 that would mean all of the bass sliders up and the rest lower, then play with volume control.  "

Using the eq lowers the device's loudness.  You need to increase the volume to make up for that.  

And, again, the eq on the X5 is minimalistic.  

Was listening to some Bad finger - "Day after day" today.

The X5 satisfies my basshead needs and plays (Sz2K) with some e12 push......  on a ma 900  The X5 alone...like butter...melting butter. What an impressive item FiiO has made.

Nov 30, 2014 at 10:48 PM Post #13,955 of 19,652

The X5 satisfies my basshead needs and plays (Sz2K) with some e12 push......  on a ma 900  The X5 alone...like butter...melting butter. What an impressive item FiiO has made.

Glad you are enjoying it.  I like the sound pure, no eq, no amp.  With my A83s, it's as good as I can want it to be.

Until (maybe) the X7 comes out.
tongue_smile.gif

Nov 30, 2014 at 11:51 PM Post #13,956 of 19,652
@precisionmike

Quote:
  I'm upping a video I'll put in this post.

The line out is better than headphone out with the e12

X5 (headphone out)  to e12 input then e12 headphone out to cans
v.s.
X5 (line out) to e12 input then e12 headphone out to cans <<<<<winner...clearly...why??
confused.gif

of note is

Between 1:50 and 1:52 an event takes place. I dunno what it was but it allowed me to do what i couldn't do with headphone out.
 Very odd.

Love the sound.
Would like a eq that had more range than +6dB though...please
redface.gif

It's just the flash making it look silver. Same as the one in the vid.....black

Dec 1, 2014 at 7:44 AM Post #13,957 of 19,652
This is an interesting review:
https://passionforsound.wordpress.com/2014/06/04/fiio-x5-portable-hi-res-music-player/

Talking about how the line out + external dac might be better then just headphone jack cuz of "black" background.

Does anyone know what settings controll in the qualizer I must change to get for example *bass boost* treble boost * or mids boost, highs boost etc.

chrisssj2
Maybe you've figured this out already, but the sliders, from left to right, control low bass, mid bass, low mids, mids, high mids, mid treble, high treble in that order...

(there may not be that many sliders on the X5 EQ but this is to give you the general idea on graphic equalizers :xf_eek: )

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Dec 1, 2014 at 5:30 PM Post #13,958 of 19,652
Has anyone had any trouble getting the USB driver to work with their X5?

Bump!

Anyone had any success with this?

Joe Bloggs?

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:44 PM Post #13,960 of 19,652
Do you mean with a PC / Mac?

I've had no troubles at all, but I think you need to select ASIO output (not 100% sure) so maybe check that if you're having troubles

I'll try that out tonight.
I'm using Windows 8.1.
Wish me luck!

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:45 PM Post #13,961 of 19,652
Bump!

Anyone had any success with this?

what type of problems are you encountering on what OS>?..

EDIT:: for some reason i did not see the last two posts.. on win8.1, there are some known problems, with windows not letting the drivers install because they are not signed... i remember that you must disable UAC, before installing x5..

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:48 PM Post #13,962 of 19,652
Has anyone had any trouble getting the USB driver to work with their X5?

Chris - if you are having the issue with the driver failing to install on 8.1, try this link : http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

You just need to disable the security - it's because the driver is unsigned.

Dec 1, 2014 at 5:49 PM Post #13,963 of 19,652
  what type of problems are you encountering on what OS>?..

EDIT:: for some reason i did not see the last two posts.. on win8.1, there are some known problems, with windows not letting the drivers install because they are not signed... i remember that you must disable UAC, before installing x5..

Yes, there were some specific posts about this a few pages back

Dec 1, 2014 at 6:33 PM Post #13,964 of 19,652
Chris - if you are having the issue with the driver failing to install on 8.1, try this link : http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

You just need to disable the security - it's because the driver is unsigned.

I'll try this out.

Edit:
OK,
I tried that out, the driver installs OK, but no sound out of the X5.
Maybe the driver doesn't like Firmware version. 2.34?
The speakers on my notebook computer do not mute when USB cable from FiiO X5 is plugged in.

Dec 1, 2014 at 9:11 PM Post #13,965 of 19,652
Just ordered an X5.  For the micro sd, I know it needs to be class 10, stay away from fakes.  Other than that, are there any specific criteria?  I am going to buy a sanDisk 128gb, but there are several options.  Please advise, thanks! 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back