The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 30, 2014 at 10:30 AM Post #8,161 of 19,652
Yes you can do that and have 256gb however I have been having bad luck with Sandisk lately so would rather have another brand's 128gb card before I use them.

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #8,162 of 19,652
  Yes the silicone bands hold the two peaces together. Therefore delivers fiio a plastic Frame that covers the X5 at the outside.
Specially impressive is the silverplated interconnect cable. The sound quality is really breathtaking.

Ahh Thanks for that
biggrin.gif
 im getting one

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:32 AM Post #8,163 of 19,652
ok - my wallet said 64gb is enough and I agreed! :wink:

Apr 30, 2014 at 10:49 AM Post #8,164 of 19,652
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B004AQFBE0

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:43 AM Post #8,167 of 19,652
  Also, try XLD. It's a one stop shop for ripping and tagging to many, many formats and is all I have used for some time now.  It includes AccurateRip support, sample offset adjustment etc., and is still maintained.

Wow I have been using XLD for ripping and converting, I think I was unaware you could use it to tag existing FLAC files - this makes things easier as now all I would really need is XLD - can't believe I overlooked that! Thanks for the tip.

Apr 30, 2014 at 11:48 AM Post #8,168 of 19,652
EA Audio/Amazon were honest with me and said I had missed first batch so would probably get it quicker from AV Shop/Amazon. Think it came via Norway but got it pretty much as promised.
Sweden

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:01 PM Post #8,169 of 19,652
Another thumbs up for Headphone Bar.  I e-mailed them and asked them to let me know when the X5s arrived.  They called me up on April 2nd to let me know the box had just been dropped off and I picked mine up the same day.

Two things I don't understand; all the negative, cranky criticisms of the firmware update process and the so called unfinished state of the X5, and as well, all the demands for more EQ settings. I'm delighted to have bought a product from a manufacturer who actually communicates with me as a user and asks for my feedback and opinions about changes and improvements to the firmware - How refreshing that is!

I bought my X5 to hear my music as it was recorded.  I'm very content with the native sound of the X5 on any of my listening devices. i have no interest in EQ and i doubt that I will ever use it. 
+1

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #8,170 of 19,652
Wow I have been using XLD for ripping and converting, I think I was unaware you could use it to tag existing FLAC files - this makes things easier as now all I would really need is XLD - can't believe I overlooked that! Thanks for the tip.

If you are on a mac then try Kid3 for tagging, I've been using it for a long time and it works very well.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:08 PM Post #8,171 of 19,652

I don't think you can do that. I think HarryHardcase meant you can tag FLACs during the ripping process. That's what I do but have found that XLD doesn't embed the YEAR tag in FLACs for some reason.

If you can use XLD for stand-alone tagging, I'd be very surprised and would definitely want to know that.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:10 PM Post #8,172 of 19,652
If you are on a mac then try Kid3 for tagging, I've been using it for a long time and it works very well.

Yup I'm on Mac, someone else recommended that to me as well, thank you! I am gonna try them both out for tagging and see which I like better. Funny, I was searching for this stuff for a while and Kid3 never came up! It's my own fault for thinking XLD can't do it.. I think I read somewhere in a post someone saying they couldn't tag with XLD, or something along those lines, so I just never really tried. Stupidity on my part because I've ripped and tagged CDs before, just thought you couldn't do it to already ripped stuff.

Also, in your guys opinions, do you think it will be easier to rip all the music from my iPod (160GB, all perfectly tagged with album art) and convert them back from Apple Lossless to FLAC? That may be just as tedious. Maybe I will just redo all my tags, and make sure everything is perfect and fill out every tag (even if the X5 can't read them, it's a nice peace of mind)

Just a very daunting and tedious task that I literally just finished a couple months ago and now have to do again!

Thank you guys, you are all so very helpful!

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:11 PM Post #8,173 of 19,652

Even though I purchased Media Rage, I'll have to give Kid3 a try. I did get MP3Tag working with WINE but found Media Rage, while clunky, is more powerful.

Apr 30, 2014 at 12:12 PM Post #8,174 of 19,652
I don't think you can do that. I think @subver meant you can tag FLACs during the ripping process. That's what I do but have found that XLD doesn't embed the YEAR tag in FLACs for some reason.

If you can use XLD for stand-alone tagging, I'd be very surprised and would definitely want to know that.

Oh wow it doesnt work with the year tag? Yikes. Maybe I will just use Kid3 then.
And yeah I quickly opened XLD and went to File > Open folder as a Disc, and there you can edit album art and metadata (I suppose minus the year? That's a big one for me)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back