The Fiio X5 Thread
Jul 9, 2013 at 4:09 AM Post #766 of 19,652
Quote:
I propose a social experiment.

Fiio, please sell the first 30 units for $1,000, and directly market it at summit-fi type users who are willing to spend that much money on other DAPs. Then, ask for comparisons to their DX100s and AK120s.

Then drop the price back to normal and ask for another set of comparisons.

If they do that I hope they can give it major cosmetic changes like gorilla glass, high resolution screen, limited edition sign or color i don't know. Then they will sell fast maybe even for 1500 each.

Jul 9, 2013 at 4:35 AM Post #767 of 19,652
Quote:
I propose a social experiment.

Fiio, please sell the first 30 units for $1,000, and directly market it at summit-fi type users who are willing to spend that much money on other DAPs. Then, ask for comparisons to their DX100s and AK120s.

Then drop the price back to normal and ask for another set of comparisons.

This will be interesting.

Jul 10, 2013 at 1:37 AM Post #769 of 19,652
popcorn.gif
 Very Interesting and i hope the wait isn't too long...

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:43 AM Post #773 of 19,652
JamesFiiO, is it possible to add a hole for a neckstrap in design of X5? I know, I'm crazy with it but I just can't use a DAP in a different way and it seems to be not very difficult

I'd rather prefer that hole to be on the case for X5, not on the X5 itself. TBH I don't want that hole on the X5 
size]

Same for every electronic device apart from the ones meant to be used at outdoor life.

i'd rather see it on the case as well, it's just going to collect dust/body fat on the device itself

-CH23

Jul 10, 2013 at 9:22 PM Post #776 of 19,652
Please have a S/PDiF input; please have a S/PDiF INPUT; PLEASE! 

If it would be on par in quality with the E17 or greater (I am guessing and hoping for the latter), that would make it the ultimate portable music device ever conceived!  I'd certainly be able to pitch it to more people!  I love sharing high fidelity stuff with others but it's usually either that slight step below what's necessary to make it to the masses or it doesn't make practical sense for the people who don't understand/who really don't care about the quality benefits (usually people who listen to crap music anyway, but still).  The E17, despite its flaws, is currently my favorite toy in my portable box of audio stuff - as well as actually quite useful in many situations for what I do.  If this thing can serve its basic function, the presently conceivable audio universe would BELONG TO IT!  This MUST be possible - and wouldn't it be worth it?

PS- OLED screen would be nice too XD.  Cowon does it.  I'm not sure what's involved but it doesn't seem unreasonable just from knowing that fact, but that's trivial compared to the first thing; just thought I should mention it.

Jul 10, 2013 at 10:08 PM Post #778 of 19,652
Quote:
Please feel free to post some specs on this thread any time. (The sooner the better)
Such as but not limited too
Like what dac chip it will be using? :wink:
Leak pictures?
Release date (roughly two months around)?

The DAC was specified on the first page of this thread; apparently, it's the PCM1792. The post also states that Fiio aims to begin production at year's end, so it seems unlikely the X5 will be widely available until summer 2014.

~Brian

Jul 12, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #780 of 19,652
Quote:

Thank you I forgot they put that in the front page.
Then leak pictures please.

If they can, they would have done it by now, or they will when they want to.

If you actually read the first post carefully, it says engineering sample is expected October (but this is the earliest possible scenario imo), so expecting photos now is nonsense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back