The Fiio X5 Thread
Apr 5, 2014 at 3:04 AM Post #6,106 of 19,652
Where can I buy all these X5 accessories?

I think James said they were looking around the 20th for the release date on some of these accessories, no prices have been announced yet but I'm sure they will be available from any retailer that carries FIIO, maybe even from their website, not sure about that though, just speculating.

Thanks for responding. Wish they could be a bit more specific on their website!

Apr 5, 2014 at 3:12 AM Post #6,107 of 19,652
Yeah, me too, but considering they are a foreign company, I'm amazed the site is as nice as it is. I'm sure the accessories will follow soon though.

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:14 AM Post #6,108 of 19,652
Hey JamesFiiO will there be any screen protectors for sale? I already botched 2 screen protectors. The current one has quite a bit of dust underneath. Also, if you guys are gonna sell screen protectors, would you provide service to help apply screen protectors for clumsy people like me?

Apr 5, 2014 at 4:31 AM Post #6,109 of 19,652
Hey @JamesFiiO will there be any screen protectors for sale? I already botched 2 screen protectors. The current one has quite a bit of dust underneath. Also, if you guys are gonna sell screen protectors, would you provide service to help apply screen protectors for clumsy people like me?

try this:

clean the screen before you apply. And them apply the screen protector slowly from one corner. It works most of them time to me. If not, just drop by some of the phone accessories shop, they provide those service 

Apr 5, 2014 at 6:42 AM Post #6,110 of 19,652
Hey JamesFiiO will there be any screen protectors for sale? I already botched 2 screen protectors. The current one has quite a bit of dust underneath. Also, if you guys are gonna sell screen protectors, would you provide service to help apply screen protectors for clumsy people like me?

Air in a can is amazing.

Mist the air with water, remove the dust with the air canister.
Apply quickly.

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #6,111 of 19,652
Can someone tell me if the X5 can be used whilst charging? Also what sort of real life play time are owners getting with non DSD and DSD files?

Apr 5, 2014 at 8:05 AM Post #6,112 of 19,652
Air in a can is amazing.

Mist the air with water, remove the dust with the air canister.
Apply quickly.

try this:

clean the screen before you apply. And them apply the screen protector slowly from one corner. It works most of them time to me. If not, just drop by some of the phone accessories shop, they provide those service 

Understand. However I think that the air in a can is not available in Singapore....... I went to E1 yesterday to collect my X5 but Joe bloggs visited today at 7. Could have asked him personally. I feel like a fool now haha..... sigh.

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:22 AM Post #6,117 of 19,652
Is anyone's wheel super flimsy? The wheel and the select circle on mine feel like they will pop off any minute

Yes mine feels kinda loose and shaky but I assure you it won't come out so easily. I did some ultra high speed scrolling ( haha ) and it wasn't any looser. In fact, it feels more secure when it's spinning. I think the "shakiness" is cos the wheel is in between the little cogs that create that clicking feeling. Therefore it's perfectly fine

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:33 AM Post #6,118 of 19,652
I know I read about it before in this thread before, but can we use a single cover.jpg in the album folder or do we need to embed them in each flac?

Also can't wait for those cases! I definitely want to get the e12 x5 bundle and the little zipper case for them both. Tempted to also get a silicone case and that leather folding cover for the x5.

Anyone know if the silicone case on the x5 will fit with the e12/x5 bundle straps?

Apr 5, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #6,119 of 19,652
  Is anyone's wheel super flimsy? The wheel and the select circle on mine feel like they will pop off any minute

Same as lookingforIEMS  while mine feels flimsy it doesn't feel like it will come off. This unit feels and looks like a high class dap, and feels and weighs like a solid tank... but that wheel kills it somehow. It just feels too lousy (if that makes sense), it was a little more solid I think it be a winner. The rubberized look before going all solid looked better too. So close to perfection in terms of feel..

Apr 5, 2014 at 12:04 PM Post #6,120 of 19,652
It'll be interesting to see if Fiio reacts to the community's comments and changes some things like having the scroll wheel tightened up (if that's even possible) or if there's a good reason for keeping it looser. If looser is better, an explanation of why this is preferable would help calm people down. According to Fiio's website, the scroll wheel is an Alps controller from Japan, so it's not a low-quality piece of tech.

I'm also interested if the lag time switching songs in present when people scan their cards and use Categories (genre, artist, album) vs. regular old folder browsing. Hopefully this and the volume lag people are reporting will be fixed in a firmware update soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back