The Fiio X5 Thread
Mar 19, 2014 at 9:35 AM Post #5,311 of 19,652
The more I look at this thread, the more afraid I am that my bank account is going to be $350 lighter.

Mar 19, 2014 at 9:45 AM Post #5,312 of 19,652
The more I look at this thread, the more afraid I am that my bank account is going to be $350 lighter.

It's been my experience that hitting the subscribe button on Head-Fi is about the equivalent of hitting the Buy Now button anywhere else

Mar 19, 2014 at 1:52 PM Post #5,313 of 19,652
It's been my experience that hitting the subscribe button on Head-Fi is about the equivalent of hitting the Buy Now button anywhere else

ok that made me laugh because it is true. The only exception is the calyx m. The information I read here about their treatment of overseas customers, at least responses to customers turned me off. So it actually helped me save money for once.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:02 PM Post #5,314 of 19,652

it is very hard to make short IC, unless it is fully hand make cable which will cost a lots. we will see if we can do that.

This is what I was looking for, and I just got it from Japan: Oyaide HPC-MSS. 3cm cable, about 3.5 inches end-to-end, sold in Japan for around $20.

cable1.jpg

cable2.jpg

$20 for a short IC is kind of expensive, but far cheaper than many 'hand-made' stuff and it is small and very well built. Just the right size as IC in a portable rig.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:20 PM Post #5,315 of 19,652
Head-Fi'ers in the UK can pre-order the X5... orders will be sent out 15th March.

I saw the X3 fronting a £7k system yesterday (System: FiiO X3 >Quad Elite Pre-Amp>Quad GMP Mono-Block Amps(pair)>KEF R700 Speakers) and it sounded very impressive... knowing these guys they probably upgrade the X5 to a £10k Naim system.

if you're  interested here's their website, these are great guys to deal with & customer-service is top notch.

Mar 19, 2014 at 3:54 PM Post #5,317 of 19,652

This is what I was looking for, and I just got it from Japan: Oyaide HPC-MSS. 3cm cable, about 3.5 inches end-to-end, sold in Japan for around $20.

cable1.jpg

cable2.jpg

$20 for a short IC is kind of expensive, but far cheaper than many 'hand-made' stuff and it is small and very well built. Just the right size as IC in a portable rig.

Can't read a lick of that screen but I liked the image they had posted... Might try one as my current Mono Price Interconnect... is rather big

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:10 PM Post #5,318 of 19,652
  15 march was a few days ago....

sorry for that, I'm all over the place today... I blame the hare's, well mad...
wink_face.gif

Head-Fi'ers in the UK can pre-order the X5... orders will be sent out from 15th April

I saw the X3 fronting a £7k system yesterday (System: FiiO X3 >Quad Elite Pre-Amp>Quad GMP Mono-Block Amps(pair)>KEF R700 Speakers) and it sounded very impressive... knowing these guys they probably upgrade the X5 to a £10k Naim system. if you're interested here's their website, these are great guys to deal with & customer-service is top notch. Website: http://www.homemedialimited.co.uk

Mar 19, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #5,319 of 19,652
Though not as short and elegant as that HPC-MSS cable, I guess I can always use FiiO cable from E18:

Mar 19, 2014 at 10:10 PM Post #5,322 of 19,652
  An italian distributor just updated the pre-order page saying it will be sent out within March, 31st. After checking some UK sites, I have some doubts but I will keep you up to date :)

What was the original deal with James of FiiO again for what would happen if the X5 doesn't get sent out?

I know it involves James streaking but not sure if it was a date set to have the X5 ready for sale or when it would get sent out 
bigsmile_face.gif

Mar 19, 2014 at 11:52 PM Post #5,325 of 19,652
I was able to pre-order from a US site today, but they have no release date posted. I think it was just put up today as I've been searching for (legitimate) sites for pre-orders for a couple weeks. It's the only US site I've found with taking orders. One other says they expect April 1st to have them in stock, but they aren't taking orders. Will update if I get an expected ship date.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back