The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 27, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #3,751 of 19,652
Just one month left for global........fm mp4,p.audio and bbonline. We waited this long for what?all the bugs to be fixed on chinese versions before we actually get ours.:D

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:05 AM Post #3,752 of 19,652
Just one month left for global........fm mp4,p.audio and bbonline. We waited this long for what?all the bugs to be fixed on chinese versions before we actually get ours.
biggrin.gif

Now, that. Is the power of FiiO :D 

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:32 AM Post #3,754 of 19,652
  One little question: why such a smal screen? Even the 901 screen is bigger.

Because they can't find a bigger screen with the same quality that still fit into X5. So it is either smaller but good looking, bigger but uglier, or custom order which they can't afford.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:33 AM Post #3,755 of 19,652
yeah thats because apple used wolfson dacs on their older gens.....

I think it's safe to say that the Wolfson iPods are the only good ones out there.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:35 AM Post #3,756 of 19,652
I am sure they can afford it but they than have to adjust the price accordingly. I can't really see an issue but than I haven't seen the final real thing yet.

Jan 27, 2014 at 7:45 AM Post #3,757 of 19,652
Dont let James get away from this thread atleast until we get the intl ver.......btw mim, do you really like the terra? Do you have the matching koss portapro that terra was exclusively designed for?

Well I sold many DAPs and will always keep the Tera...guess that answers the question. And I use it mostly with SE5. Heavenly pairing.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #3,759 of 19,652
I am sure they can afford it but they than have to adjust the price accordingly. I can't really see an issue but than I haven't seen the final real thing yet.

The screen itself is actually gorgeous, comparable to the screen on Nano 7G, and pretty much beat every other small screen on DAP out there (beside iDevice of course). You can find small LCD screen in China if the quality isn't your main concern, which explain why DX50 or HM901's screen don't look that great. Really high quality small screen is almost a custom order so there is a minimum price and quantity involved. The problem is you can't just go out and order 10k screen without the confidence that you can use them all. So the logical choice is to source from manufacturer that have ready-made product and therefore limited your choices. It is actually far easier to order a decent looking smartphone size screen as those are where most of the LCD makers are focusing on. Small, high quality LCD on the other hand is no longer a 'hot' product as they are a few years back, in the mp3 era. This particular screen on X5 is actually from Japan, I believe. If we can all agree to top up $100, I am sure something can be done :)

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:00 AM Post #3,760 of 19,652
Jan 27, 2014 at 8:09 AM Post #3,761 of 19,652
Well I sold many DAPs and will always keep the Tera...guess that answers the question. And I use it mostly with SE5. Heavenly pairing.

ok thx that answer is fair enough......But I also might want to think that terra dont have resale value even for 25% of buying cost.....again dont take it to heart , its my personal thought of truth......:wink: and altmann will be happy if sees your response that terra is heavenly paired w/SE5 :D

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:23 AM Post #3,763 of 19,652
The screen itself is actually gorgeous, comparable to the screen on Nano 7G, and pretty much beat every other small screen on DAP out there (beside iDevice of course). You can find small LCD screen in China if the quality isn't your main concern, which explain why DX50 or HM901's screen don't look that great. Really high quality small screen is almost a custom order so there is a minimum price and quantity involved. The problem is you can't just go out and order 10k screen without the confidence that you can use them all. So the logical choice is to source from manufacturer that have ready-made product and therefore limited your choices. It is actually far easier to order a decent looking smartphone size screen as those are where most of the LCD makers are focusing on. Small, high quality LCD on the other hand is no longer a 'hot' product as they are a few years back, in the mp3 era. This particular screen on X5 is actually from Japan, I believe. If we can all agree to top up $100, I am sure something can be done :)
thank you for explaining to us how the industry is.

Jan 27, 2014 at 8:27 AM Post #3,765 of 19,652
about the screen , I have a article explained it in our forum. http://www.fiio.pw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=4090, of course it is in Chinese.

it is noting about unit cost or the cost to custom a screen, the fact is there are only very few big company can produce IPS or other high quality LCD screen and the MOQ to order the screen is at least 1KK ( 1,000,000 ). 

Now the screen in X5 is used in blackberry before, they ordered too many and the market changed so they have to sell to some trade company. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back