The Fiio X5 Thread
Jan 13, 2015 at 12:41 AM Post #15,181 of 19,652
Your "POP" eq is oddly a "V".

I took my X5 to a headphone shop here in Japan today

I listened to Senns and A.K.G and Beyer and Sony and B&O and a few more

I could not find a single can that benefited from this preset. I consider all of the presets to be odd but I tested the "V" which is named "POP" and using the LO it is a really bad.

I used:
Madonna - Take a Bow
The FIxx - Saved by Zero
Tom Tom Club -  Under the Boardwalk

Very "POP"

I couldn't find a set of cans that sounded good or better with this track. It was worse.

On behalf of many owners who have mentioned/implied or like me direct requesting. I'd ask that a 2nd and 3rd custom eq be added. Thanks for your cooperation in continuing to make and improve the X5. The eq is a work in progress it seems.

Now that you're getting into modding, explore the folders beyond just the litegui folder. One of them has a bunch of .ini files. Open the eq.ini file (or maybe equalizer.ini - not in front of my computer). You can rename any of the presets to suit your whims. I renamed mine after my favorite cans, so I can fine-tune the EQ for my cans and find them easily. Easy peasy!

Jan 13, 2015 at 12:47 AM Post #15,182 of 19,652
Now that you're getting into modding, explore the folders beyond just the litegui folder. One of them has a bunch of .ini files. Open the eq.ini file (or maybe equalizer.ini - not in front of my computer). You can rename any of the presets to suit your whims. I renamed mine after my favorite cans, so I can fine-tune the EQ for my cans and find them easily. Easy peasy!

THAT...is an awesome idea

Preset 1 "Tha Chronic" <<<Basshead

I'll do that...was kinda wondering but Ima do it now
Thanks
beerchug.gif

My eq ini is empty?

EDIT

<treble_adjustment_value>0</treble_adjustment_value>//-10,0,10
<bass_adjustment_value>0</bass_adjustment_value>//-10,0,10

This looks like a band eq like on a old streo receiver. I see the 10 bands but they have no attibutes but these 2 lines have a +/- 10
confused.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:04 AM Post #15,184 of 19,652

i think its all about mixing and matching !

Allow me to share what i experienced with you, but this is not in any way facts or proven technicalities, its all based on my feelings, and can be corrected by any other more experienced member.

lets say we have alot of factors mainly daps, headphones and mastering of the track.

lets put aside mastering of a track that shows sibilance because we can't change that.

we will talk about the daps and headphones,

i had a dx50 with lots of iems that shows no sign of sibilance, then i updated to ASG 2 iem, i started hearing sibilance, but not much i still can live with while enjoying the upgrade in SQ.

for me the dx50 sounded a bit dark, and i read alot about brighter x5, then i updated to x5.

for me x5 + ASG 2 was unbearable, the sibilance is just crazy, i couldn't enjoy it at all.

x5 + my other fa-4e iem or my newly bought jh16 is just a bliss, couldn't sound any better i think, and little to no sibilance at all.

i never heard the dt990 or even read about it, but a bright source with bright headphones i think it can be very annoying,

so i recommend that you take your x5 to any shop with a show room, and try some headphones that are a bit dark where the highs are tamed a bit.

or search for someone who listens to the same stuff, where he can share his experience with his equipments..

if i can help with anything, pm me !

lol im using ASG2 too no issue? soo........DID u Crank the basss ALLLLLL the way up? lol if Yes lower it. i found the base level to be at lvl 0.6 to be best

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:15 AM Post #15,185 of 19,652
  lol im using ASG2 too no issue? soo........DID u Crank the basss ALLLLLL the way up? lol if Yes lower it. i found the base level to be at lvl 0.6 to be best

very strange,

no actually the bass ports on the iem is closed, the equalizer is flat

but still the female vocals like rihanna or shania twain reach piercing levels that are unbearable to listen to,

i even tried to equalize it by lowering the mids and highs, it is better with sibilance but the iem then sounds lifeless and boring.

iam using fischer amps fa-4e and for more bass i use the JH 16 pro they are both amazing with no problems at all,

and from time to time i try the asg2 but i just can't get with it, i liked the asg2 with dx50, but not with x5.

i see you have an e12 in between, can you try x5 to ASG2 directly ?

Jan 13, 2015 at 5:31 AM Post #15,186 of 19,652
very strange,

no actually the bass ports on the iem is closed, the equalizer is flat

but still the female vocals like rihanna or shania twain reach piercing levels that are unbearable to listen to,

i even tried to equalize it by lowering the mids and highs, it is better with sibilance but the iem then sounds lifeless and boring.

iam using fischer amps fa-4e and for more bass i use the JH 16 pro they are both amazing with no problems at all,

and from time to time i try the asg2 but i just can't get with it, i liked the asg2 with dx50, but not with x5.

i see you have an e12 in between, can you try x5 to ASG2 directly ?

I pair the ASG2 with X5 directly through the HO. Though the background isn't 100% clean and dark but I don't hear the rough sibilance. My bass port is almost closed. Around 1mm open.

Jan 13, 2015 at 6:19 AM Post #15,187 of 19,652
  I'm using NTFS on my 
I am using NTFS with my Samsung evo 64GB.

The reason I chose NTFS over FAT is because NTFS is supposed to have faster search capabilities. "NTFS minimizes the number of disk accesses and time needed to find a file".  "In mathematical terms, the average time to find a file on a FAT folder is a function of N /2, where N is the number of files. On an NTFS folder, the average time is a function of Log N." 

Although reading over the article FAT might have been a better choice because NTFS tends to fragment more and all the permissions and attributes have to dealt with on a per file basis which I assume will slow things down. 

Maybe I should do an A-B comparison. 

By the way I think it might have been a fragmentation problem. if anyone else has that issue try a defrag. 

http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc938440.aspx

My 128Gb also had errors and the computer wanted to repair them. I noticed in NTFS format the writes (song transfer) took longer (forever) than FAT32.

All I care about is that the issue wasn't with my beautiful X5 or E12A. 
biggrin.gif
L3000.gif

Jan 13, 2015 at 10:21 AM Post #15,188 of 19,652
My 128Gb also had errors and the computer wanted to repair them. I noticed in NTFS format the writes (song transfer) took longer (forever) than FAT32.

All I care about is that the issue wasn't with my beautiful X5 or E12A.  :D :L3000:  

The reason for the faster transfer is FAT doesn't support additional file atrubutes so there is nothing for FAT to check or do per file. NTFS has to write permissions and stuff per file. Also i think because of the bigger clusters larger chunks of the files can be sent over at a time.

Something else that slows down transfer speed is virus protection. If you are transferring just audio files from a trusted computer id turn of scanning first.

Jan 13, 2015 at 11:33 AM Post #15,189 of 19,652
I am doing research on the X5 and it looks like a  great player that will suit my needs.  I just have one other thing I can't seem to find maybe someone can answer.  Does the X5 have dedicated audio control buttons? (play/pause fast forward and rewind) thanks

Jan 13, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #15,190 of 19,652
I am doing research on the X5 and it looks like a  great player that will suit my needs.  I just have one other thing I can't seem to find maybe someone can answer.  Does the X5 have dedicated audio control buttons? (play/pause fast forward and rewind) thanks

Yes, and in lock screen as well.

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:05 PM Post #15,193 of 19,652
Someone mentioned that it is now possible to change the eq presets on the X5, and thus i tried.

I'm very glad i did.

My Grado in ears now have bass!

And i must say, the path back via the back button is a very handy feature.

Jan 13, 2015 at 4:22 PM Post #15,195 of 19,652
i dont want to fiddle around with the x5's eq too much, can someone tell me whats what? from what ive read here is that 31 and 62 change bass.. anyway my problem is sibilance, when i listen to music with female vocals like morcheeba the sea, coldplay or the examples like people stated above my post. I got my x5 recently, im very happy with it (well i researched it for a year.. ) but didnt think id have this problem anyway long story short. TL;DR eq for sibilance?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back