The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 4, 2013 at 8:31 AM Post #1,396 of 17,484
Quote:
i would think that using coaxial out to a high end dac dacand amp would make a big difference.

He is asking whether the source will make a difference when they are used for digital-out, not whether the DAC/amp will make a difference or not. The later, as you have said, do make a difference of course. The former shouldn't not, at least ideally.

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:40 AM Post #1,399 of 17,484
Hi ClieOS,

I downloaded the fw file and tried updating it. However after it said update successfully and began rebooting, a system error is shown instead of rebooting. Right now i have no way of doing anything about the x3. i cant operate anyway, even with resetting. Anyway that i can be helped? thanks in advance. 

Jun 4, 2013 at 9:46 AM Post #1,400 of 17,484
Try download the firmware again, then reinstall it if you can. I have the firmware on mine and it is working perfectly so it shouldn't be a firmware issue. Llikely the firmware is corrupted during the download process and therefore affected the player.

Jun 4, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #1,401 of 17,484
Quote:
Try download the firmware again, then reinstall it if you can. I have the firmware on mine and it is working perfectly so it shouldn't be a firmware issue. Llikely the firmware is corrupted during the download process and therefore affected the player.

Thanks ClieOS, i thought that its a corrupted file as well as Baiduyun tends to stop downloading due to unstable internet connections. In the end i found out that you must have the FW file on a EMPTY tf card and your batt on your x3 must be more than 50%. After a number of tries, finally the x3 is able to update successfully. Thanks ClieOS. Btw, will you be heading down to Sg soon? Last heard you went down to E1. hahaha

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:25 AM Post #1,403 of 17,484
Quote:
Thanks ClieOS, i thought that its a corrupted file as well as Baiduyun tends to stop downloading due to unstable internet connections. In the end i found out that you must have the FW file on a EMPTY tf card and your batt on your x3 must be more than 50%. After a number of tries, finally the x3 is able to update successfully. Thanks ClieOS. Btw, will you be heading down to Sg soon? Last heard you went down to E1. hahaha

Good to know you get it to work.

I won't be in Singapore till sometime November, probably. Was there for business a few weeks ago and I got to meet David @ E1 as I just learned that he has opened up a store there. That's pretty much by chance. I don't visit SG as often I used to be these days.

Jun 4, 2013 at 12:44 PM Post #1,404 of 17,484

Sorry but a bug block my avatar and my private messages... and the modo ignore me.

So...

Very important question !

Conversation between JamesFiiO and me
[img]http://www.head-fi.org/image/noimage/true/width/38/height/38/flags/ZC[/img]
Silverprout
[size=x-small]Yesterday at 11:26 am[/size]

Hello,
Have you impement some options to modify colors and the font size ?
Your UI seem to be unreadable with direct sunlight, so it is a portable player !
I just turn my rockboxed sansa in black and white with big fonts... can you ?
Regards
JM

[img]http://cdn.head-fi.org/f/f9/38x38px-ZC-f9e856be_x3_.jpeg[/img]
JamesFiiO
[size=x-small]Yesterday at 6:09 pm[/size]

sorry, can't do that

How, you need help ?
The fonts are too small for outside... it would not be.

Jun 4, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #1,410 of 17,484
Quote:

I don't remember saying X3 is more powerful (voltage and current wise) than E17 myself. But I did say that at the same volume, X3 sounds cleaner and more dynamic.

Sorry I think I misunderstood what you said "But FiiO pumps the voltage up a little more on the X3 so the overall SQ is actually better than E17" in your review.

Btw, I wonder if E17 has both ADI AD8692+AD8397 while X3 only has AD8397, then E17 should be more powerful? Thanks!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back