The Fiio X3 Thread.
Jun 29, 2014 at 1:54 PM Post #11,191 of 17,484
Speaking of Neil Young, has anyone heard the "A Letter Home" recorded on a 1947 Voice-O-Graph machine... They have the gall to sell a high res version of this which sounds like a Gramophone recording from the turn of the century. :rolleyes:

Hi-Res rubbish, why not, I'll take this nonsense over properly recorded tracks any day! :D

j/k

Anyway, you've made me curious... :D

Jun 29, 2014 at 7:35 PM Post #11,194 of 17,484
Hello. I seem to have troubles with my X3. I am on FW 2.14beta(+vol) and it often freezes after playing a couple of songs - so I have to hold the power button to shut it down (with a POP sound) and then again to turn it up. Any suggestions ?

I also went back to 2.14, because of the sound. Tho when I was on 3.0, I still occasionally had freezes...

Anyway, it seems to have something to do with the memory. I have resume mode set to "last position". If I haven't shut off the X3 (intentionally) since the last freeze, it seems to freeze in the same places. (I make ordered playlists, each in its own folder.) However, if I shut off the X3 in a different place, like in the middle of a song where it previously froze at the end, it will play to the next song without freezing. But it will eventually freeze somewhere else. So it's not necessarily the music file, itself.

I usually just listen in short sessions, because I prefer to pay full attention to what I'm listening to, so I don't get freezes that often. But in case anyone wants to experiment with resume mode, I thought I'd pass on what I've found.

Jun 29, 2014 at 8:12 PM Post #11,195 of 17,484
The 2.14 firmware is Broken... I had the X3 freeze on me 3 or 4 times on a 45 minute drive into work pretty much every day. I have not had the X3 freeze once with the 3.0 firmware since it was released. No manner of changing settings on the old firmware is going to stop the freezing, I tried all combinations.

If and when we get a new firmware maybe FiiO will release 2 versions, one with "Old" sound and one with "New"...

Or a "Sound Switch" option could be implemented into the next firmware very easily, but I dread what they would break in the process of trying...

Jun 30, 2014 at 8:31 AM Post #11,198 of 17,484
Just received the X3 and am testing with the Sennheiser HD-25 I/II and AKG 550s. Aside from minor niggles on the UI, the sound quality is the best i've heard (so far) on a portable device. Rich overtones on bass, lyrics that I can make out for the first time, and plenty of power for both phones.

Jun 30, 2014 at 11:13 AM Post #11,199 of 17,484
  Fake gear is inferior parts, sold as an original one, and is not the exact copy.  Whatever, you can do nothing with that and buy a nameless brand, with no "know how" better instead.  

blink.gif
confused_face_2.gif
basshead.gif
eek.gif
confused.gif
  thanx anyway!!!

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:31 PM Post #11,200 of 17,484
Hi there, few fast questions: anybody met fake x3? can i use it as usb dac (foobar >  x3  ( coax digital out) > my receivers digital in?
are the firware causes big change in suond quality? thanks! 

What makes you think it is fake? You can go to Fiios website and check authinticity if you have the box. Otherwise to answer your other questions someone would have to knowingly have a fake X3 to test that and I'm sure they would not post that on the internet because that would be against the law!

Jun 30, 2014 at 6:36 PM Post #11,201 of 17,484
What makes you think it is fake? You can go to Fiios website and check authinticity if you have the box. Otherwise to answer your other questions someone would have to knowingly have a fake X3 to test that and I'm sure they would not post that on the internet because that would be against the law!

Yes and we all know how law-abiding the denizens of the Internet are...
rolleyes.gif

It would cost them too much to fake an X3, besides that they only clone the really popular stuff where a massive quantity can be sold very very quickly.

Jun 30, 2014 at 7:00 PM Post #11,202 of 17,484
  Yes and we all know how law-abiding the denizens of the Internet are...
rolleyes.gif

It would cost them too much to fake an X3, besides that they only clone the really popular stuff where a massive quantity can be sold very very quickly.

I dunno bout that...I've read (here on head-fi I believe) about fake e6's floating round. No shortage of knock off iems either (xiomi peestons anybody?). Both of them are pretty cheap. I'm sure there's a potential market for fake anythings these days if a buck can be made.

Jun 30, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #11,203 of 17,484
There is really nothing inside an E6, so it would be quite cheap to clone, the more advanced the electronics, not so much...

Headphones and IEM's are a shell with a speaker, nothing easier than those...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back