The Fiio X3 Thread.
Nov 30, 2014 at 3:41 AM Post #13,727 of 17,483
  I have tried every thing on my dead fiio x3... RESET, remove sd card, coonect to pc, reset while connected to pc, hold is not on, i can't load firmware again because no buttons work NADA, nichts... Dead and the seller has not answered me.

I will wait until tuesday if by that i receive no answer from either fiio or they seller well... i feel sad for my pockets and i will hunt for a new DAP

Very sadly.
It is absolutely dead?
When you try turn it on - it give no any signs of life?
As you disassembly it  -do you try to disconnect battery for some minutes?
voltage on battery is good? Try to short-circuit turn on switch ?

Nov 30, 2014 at 4:48 AM Post #13,728 of 17,483
Does anybody else have problems with the X3 recognising the track details of Mp3s? I have about 900/3550 tracks that are Mp3s that I have named and given the track information. I gave the artist name, album and year on almost all of them. When one of these tracks is playing on the X3, all is says is the track name. When you go onto info, it says: Artist: Unknown artist, Album: Unknown Album. Genre is understandable that it is unknown as I didn't give that information in the files. What is most strange is if I convert one of the Mp3s to and Ogg, it sees all of this while it is playing. I have just tested these Mp3s on my old player and that sees all the track details. The X3 sees all the details of Mp3s if they are off a CD or have been downloaded.

This isn't a huge issue for me as I can see the artist and album names as I go in browse files. It just seems really strange that when I convert the file into almost any other format, the X3 then sees all the details it should do. There is just something the X3 doesn't like about Mp3s that you have created yourself.

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:17 AM Post #13,730 of 17,483
  Hi, maybe it has been answered already but..does it make sense to get an E11K for the X3? or i wont see any improvement in sound quality? would you recommend another amp?

Same as my situation weeks ago when I first got my X3.
But then as I did my research, E12 or above is better suited with X3. I believe the X3 already has E17 features built in, so what you need to do is to find something better than E17 
wink.gif

As for myself, I finally settled on Cayin C5 for my X3

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:28 AM Post #13,731 of 17,483

Same as my situation weeks ago when I first got my X3.
But then as I did my research, E12 or above is better suited with X3. I believe the X3 already has E17 features built in, so what you need to do is to find something better than E17 
wink.gif

As for myself, I finally settled on Cayin C5 for my X3

Thanks, i just read in their specs that they use the same op amp, so the e12 is a more logical choice..on the other hand, i am not using any high end headphone (i have philips fidelio l2, shure 215, rha 750) so i don't know if the upgrade will provide any real improvement with this setup..dunno

Nov 30, 2014 at 7:42 AM Post #13,732 of 17,483

Thanks, i just read in their specs that they use the same op amp, so the e12 is a more logical choice..on the other hand, i am not using any high end headphone (i have philips fidelio l2, shure 215, rha 750) so i don't know if the upgrade will provide any real improvement with this setup..dunno

I can't say for sure now since my C5 will just arrive tomorrow. But I believe it'll make some improvement with my GR07 Classic. (reading that it could benefit from amp)
Don't know why I also found the sound from Line Out to be better than Headphone Out.... It's not a night and day difference and not always noticeable but it made me want to buy a portable amp so that I could use the LO.

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:06 PM Post #13,733 of 17,483
  Does anybody else have problems with the X3 recognising the track details of Mp3s? I have about 900/3550 tracks that are Mp3s that I have named and given the track information. I gave the artist name, album and year on almost all of them. When one of these tracks is playing on the X3, all is says is the track name. When you go onto info, it says: Artist: Unknown artist, Album: Unknown Album. Genre is understandable that it is unknown as I didn't give that information in the files. What is most strange is if I convert one of the Mp3s to and Ogg, it sees all of this while it is playing. I have just tested these Mp3s on my old player and that sees all the track details. The X3 sees all the details of Mp3s if they are off a CD or have been downloaded.

This isn't a huge issue for me as I can see the artist and album names as I go in browse files. It just seems really strange that when I convert the file into almost any other format, the X3 then sees all the details it should do. There is just something the X3 doesn't like about Mp3s that you have created yourself.

All my mp3 tags show up fine (aac is another matter, genre is incorrect). Maybe it has something to do with tag format (id3 v1, id3 v2). Maybe try taking an album and run it through mp3tag and see if that can sort things out. Typically I will use it to remove all tags except the main ones (artist, album, etc) and I believe that my tags are stored as id3 v2. What prog do you use to rip btw?

Nov 30, 2014 at 12:30 PM Post #13,734 of 17,483

Very sadly.
It is absolutely dead?
When you try turn it on - it give no any signs of life?
As you disassembly it  -do you try to disconnect battery for some minutes?
voltage on battery is good? Try to short-circuit turn on switch ?

Yep no signs of life at all booo, tried that of disconnecting the battery, reconnected it and still dead
, the short circuit options spells soldering skills,
biggrin.gif
 which i lack

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:17 PM Post #13,735 of 17,483
  All my mp3 tags show up fine (aac is another matter, genre is incorrect). Maybe it has something to do with tag format (id3 v1, id3 v2). Maybe try taking an album and run it through mp3tag and see if that can sort things out. Typically I will use it to remove all tags except the main ones (artist, album, etc) and I believe that my tags are stored as id3 v2. What prog do you use to rip btw?

I use Audacity. I often record albums from Spotify. It takes the full album length to do that and then I have to split all the tracks and then I give each one the artist name, album title and year. On my old iAudio X5L which ran rockbox, it saw all of these details, even the year. I know that the X3 doesn't show that but it should show the others. I make a lot of use of Spotify at home but I like to use the X3 as my portable player when I am not at home as it will sound better than a smart phone with Spotify.

Nov 30, 2014 at 2:46 PM Post #13,737 of 17,483
  Really?, spotify is compressed, compressing more....
eek.gif

I'm not really sure what you mean. I think the format of most audio on Spotify premium is 320kbps oggs. It sounds just as good when I have recorded it and put it on my X3 as it does through my desktop E10 on my PC playing from Spotify its self. I have done similar with some records. I recorded by Audacity, split the tracks, named and given the track details and put them on my X3.

Nov 30, 2014 at 3:24 PM Post #13,739 of 17,483
  Tried it and it displayed the same message "Update Failed. 0 songs updated"

Weird thing is the Dr Chesky stuff is on the internal and it doesn't show up in Albums, Artist, Play all etc. It only shows up in Brows files.

Updated to 3.0 tonight. Installed my card and tried to Update Music Library. It shows Update Failed. 0  songs updated.

I got to try to play music or go to album, artist, etc and nothing found.

I go to browse files and all my music is there.

It worked fine before 3.0  All music showed up in Artists, Genre, Album, Favorites, and Play All.

I'm a software infant, so please any advise needs to sound like you are talking to a 3 year old. Step by step, no big words. Thanks.

I'm still having this problem Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back