The Fiio X3 Thread.
Dec 24, 2013 at 3:00 AM Post #7,247 of 17,484
Question for you all.

I rip my CDs through JRiver to flac format then copy them to my X3. Some show up with cover art and some don't. I'm perplexed as to which ones are going through properly and why others don't. When I play them in JRiver, they do show cover art, so how are some not making it to my X3 correctly?

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:43 AM Post #7,249 of 17,484
Question for you all.

I rip my CDs through JRiver to flac format then copy them to my X3. Some show up with cover art and some don't. I'm perplexed as to which ones are going through properly and why others don't. When I play them in JRiver, they do show cover art, so how are some not making it to my X3 correctly?

what is the resolution of the images? as the X3 only has a 240 by 320 screen resolution, try keeping the images 240x240

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:51 AM Post #7,250 of 17,484
Hey Guys,

Just bought the FiiO x3 and I'm pretty blown away listening to songs on it! I have a curious question, (after going through 300 pages of this thread) I'm just wondering if there was a mention about a fix for korean characters appearing while the language is selected in English?

I mean I have Japanese songs details which are in UTF-8 that are appearing even though the language is set to English; but for Korean song details, it appears as boxes.

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:31 AM Post #7,251 of 17,484
Hey Guys,

Just bought the FiiO x3 and I'm pretty blown away listening to songs on it! I have a curious question, (after going through 300 pages of this thread) I'm just wondering if there was a mention about a fix for korean characters appearing while the language is selected in English?

I mean I have Japanese songs details which are in UTF-8 that are appearing even though the language is set to English; but for Korean song details, it appears as boxes.

Same problem here..

Dec 24, 2013 at 6:43 AM Post #7,252 of 17,484
Hey Guys,

I think it has to do with the specific font used by the X3. There are 2 font sets, 1 is for korean, the other for everything else.

Dec 24, 2013 at 12:19 PM Post #7,253 of 17,484
Anyone having trouble play .m4a files on their X3? I had problems where the track would stop after the song ends and not moving to the next song. When this happens and I turn off the X3 it takes a long time and would not turn back on unless I use the reset button. This happened with a mp3 album yesterday too.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:28 PM Post #7,254 of 17,484
I've owned my X3 for 6 weeks or so and the SQ it produces is phenomenal for it's price.
I had a problem, though, with some files, mostly flac, that the x3 couldn't see even though they were visible on my Clip and computer. This occured with a Sandisk 32gb, PNY 64gb Sd cards, and internal memory.
I use a folder structure of Artist -> Album -> Song and out of a hundred or so artist folders, 15 to 20 would not appear in the X3's data base or folder views.
After a couple of weeks of reformatting, upgrading FW, re-tagging files, etc. to no avail I finally found that if I cut and pasted the song files themselves to the root directory (folder) of the sd card or the X3's internal memory, then deleted the now empty folders, created new folders and sub-folders, and cut and pasted the songs into the new folders, then they would show up properly.
My computer is a 2 year old Sony Vaio running windows 7 and I have had no problems moving files before. As a blue collar type, I have no idea what digital file structure protocol might be mis-aligned between X3 and computer, but maybe this procedure could help other issues.

Dec 24, 2013 at 1:53 PM Post #7,255 of 17,484
what is the resolution of the images? as the X3 only has a 240 by 320 screen resolution, try keeping the images 240x240

Thanks, I started thinking along these lines after I posted last night. Will have to experiment and see if that's it.

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:13 PM Post #7,256 of 17,484
Thanks, I started thinking along these lines after I posted last night. Will have to experiment and see if that's it.

I have some files that have huge resolution artwork, and they won't show. I believe right now the X3 will support a max size of 1000x1000. I have Musicbee set to automatically resize the artwork (240x240) and all is good.
Cheers

Dec 24, 2013 at 2:29 PM Post #7,257 of 17,484
Anyone having trouble play .m4a files on their X3? I had problems where the track would stop after the song ends and not moving to the next song. When this happens and I turn off the X3 it takes a long time and would not turn back on unless I use the reset button. This happened with a mp3 album yesterday too.

When I first got my X3, I had this problem, too, to the point where I was considering returning it! And then, one day, all of a sudden, it stopped. The only real change I made was updating the library and changing the ID3 tags on my songs so that they would show up outside of the Browse Files, so it might be related to one of these things, or maybe not! And, for the record, mine actually did this more on my flac files, so file type might not be relevant.

Sorry if that wasn't helpful!

Dec 24, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #7,258 of 17,484
Question for you all.

I was seeing the same thing on mine and after looking into it I found that the ones that didn't work were 1000x1000 pixel images of LP art. I converted them to 600x600 and they worked fine. My experience has been the art has to be embedded in the file, folder.jpg or cover.jpg images don't work.

So check the image size (pixels, not file size)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back