The Fiio X3 Thread.
Aug 10, 2013 at 6:44 AM Post #3,811 of 17,481
Quote:
First I'd like to congratulate Fiio to finally be able to release the marvellous X3!
It sounds great (clean, powerful, noiseless, lots of headroom, ...) and I love the UI. In general anyway. Of course it can't be perfect right away, so I'd like to place a few suggestions:

Urgent:
  1. Menu structure under "Category/Artist" should first jump to a list of all albums by that artist.
  2. Menu structure under "Category/Genre/%<chosen genre>%" should show a list of albums (grouped by artist) of that genre.
  3. Media library should respect the "Disc Number" tag, so an album with more than one disc would list the tracks correctly (i.e. Disc1-Track1, Disc1-Track2, ...Disc1-Track10, Disc2-Track1, ...). For now it seems it doesn't do that.

I hope Fiio takes these suggestions under serious consideration, since I assume some of them wouldn't be too hard to implement :wink: Thank you @Fiio in advance!

100% agree on the urgent issues above. please fiio take this on board. i have posted it too.

Aug 10, 2013 at 6:53 AM Post #3,812 of 17,481
Quote:
BTW, please anyone have problem in the 64g TF card please email the detail to support@fiio.net. so we can simulate the same condition in our side. especially can't index all the songs, or can't support the song from S- Z. 

Not sure whether we can get the whole music, too sad but 8,000 sound tracks and about 64g may be quite difficult to send to us.  

you could always torrent them. if the upload speed is good enough, it won't take too much time..

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:27 AM Post #3,813 of 17,481
you could always torrent them. if the upload speed is good enough, it won't take too much time..

Or rip a few CD's, then duplicate them and rename/ID3 tag them

I don't know about your countries, but here it's illegal to share copyrighted material.

At the moment i'm copying my library to the 64GB TF card. Still waiting for my X3 to arrive.

Aug 10, 2013 at 7:39 AM Post #3,814 of 17,481
Hi james I've been enjoying the X3 for a whole week now, it is awesome.  But there is only one thing that bothers me and I was wondering if there is a way you can fix this:  Sometimes when the next track plays in shuffle, the x3 skips the first .5 to 1 second of the track and continues from there.  All I have are MP3 and FLACs.  It sounds like a buffer problem.

Thanks

Aug 10, 2013 at 8:37 AM Post #3,815 of 17,481
Hi james I've been enjoying the X3 for a whole week now, it is awesome.  But there is only one thing that bothers me and I was wondering if there is a way you can fix this:  Sometimes when the next track plays in shuffle, the x3 skips the first .5 to 1 second of the track and continues from there.  All I have are MP3 and FLACs.  It sounds like a buffer problem.

Thanks

yes we will fix it

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Aug 10, 2013 at 8:54 AM Post #3,816 of 17,481
Hi James, I've asked this and I'll ask again. Do you guys at Fiio intends to add in EQ other than the bass and treble enhancements? It's crucial to me, because I'm holding on to the player thinking it might be implemented, my IEM can be unbearable without those settings.

Aug 10, 2013 at 10:33 AM Post #3,817 of 17,481
it's fun to see how everybody wants something different ^_^.
I love the X3 because it can resume music when turned ON, my sony boots on pause and I have to press play. I saw someone asking just for that when I hate it.

most people seem to ask for category stuff when I always use my daps by folder (only thing that never changes from one dap to another so no need to adapt).

I don't get the gapless thing without ID tags. the only point of gapless is to remove silences into the same album (classic, live etc) so ID tags is good enough no?

about the EQ I understand muscular for the need on some IEMs.  yet it is my first time thinking that EQ is good on a dap. super limited yes but the changes are pretty natural and sounds are not distorted much (unlike ... say cowon EQ). I'm really a fan of this simple yet clean EQ.

my personal wishlist was for audiobook features (remembering both audiobook position and music position, speed play with pitch correction etc) well there is none, so I solved my own case by dedicating one of my sansa clips only to audiobooks. (now I wonder why I didn't do that years ago... )

I'd rather see fiio work on making the actual features stable and smooth, before trying to add anything else. like everybody I love bonuses and guizmos , but first things first.

ps: sorry James I'll go on this link now for my requests :wink:  http://www.head-fi.org/t/676223/faq-and-advice-of-x3

Aug 10, 2013 at 11:21 AM Post #3,818 of 17,481
Quote:
sandalaudio, 

How did you make the graphs  ?
How are you measuring the signal ?

I want to make some custom cables and I'd love to test them.

You can measure SPDIF signal with any reasonably high speed scope. (mine is Agilent DSOX3000 series). 
You would need a bit more expensive gear if you want to get a very accurate jitter spectrum and measurement like what someone like Hi-Fi News would publish.

Fortunately SPDIF is nowhere near as fast as the modern computing or video signals, so it is still fairly easy to visualize and analyze using low-end tools.
You just have to be careful about correct termination so that you don't get a false data.

Aug 10, 2013 at 12:20 PM Post #3,819 of 17,481
Yes and no.

It can play gapless if the files have ID3 tags, and then only if played in Category/Album play mode.

IMO it was a major blunder to design a UI that relies on ID3 tags for gapless playback, especially considering all the issues people are reporting with the UI. Those issues would be non-issues if gapless worked in file browser mode.

Thanks for the reply, however im still a little confused...

The original recordings are all gapless if played on a cd player, however there could be say 14 tracks on the album which are mixed together to make one continuous album of say 70 mins (no gaps). Would ripping this to flac just not be exactly the same as would it not merely 'duplicate' the cd?

Im not ofe with tags etc and fail to understand how the gaps or blanks could then be inserted

Thanks

Aug 10, 2013 at 1:23 PM Post #3,821 of 17,481
Quick question but urgent.

I see that I can charge my X3 from a USB cable but can I plug that USB into a standard IPOD usb wall outlet transformer and just plug it into an outlet? Does Fiio make a wall charger for the X3?

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:31 PM Post #3,823 of 17,481
Little update: I've tried to split my music library in as many folders as possible while retaining the original iTunes folder structure. I've gone as far as creating 5 macro folders on both my microSDs with no luck, the library update stops after a few seconds. The only way I have to show tagged files in the Categories is to put all of my songs in a single folder, as we previously discovered.
frown.gif

I'm writing something to support@fiio.net as James suggested us, if you have a similar issue you should do the same.
wink.gif

Aug 10, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #3,824 of 17,481
Quote:
Quick question but urgent.

I see that I can charge my X3 from a USB cable but can I plug that USB into a standard IPOD usb wall outlet transformer and just plug it into an outlet? Does Fiio make a wall charger for the X3?

Yes you can. They recommend using authentic Apple USB wall chargers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back