The Fiio X3 Thread.
Mar 25, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #226 of 17,484
Quote:
Have you looked at the power output of the X3? You might not even need the E12 to pair with it.

Need and want are two different things.
biggrin.gif

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #227 of 17,484
Mar 25, 2013 at 9:38 PM Post #228 of 17,484
Quote:
Quote:
All right guys, don't haze me, because I'm not requesting anything, just wanting clarification:  I thought ALAC was going to be supported?  If not, hey, that's cool, it's just not for me then.  Just wondering....

Can we burn you at the stake now? 
wink_face.gif

Ack!!!  Didn't james post specs earlier, which didn't include ALAC as a supported format?  Or I should've avoided drinking rubbing alcohol as a child?  O.K....light the match...  I've got a RWAK100, but I'm still interested in this player, even though it won't have the storage capacity I'd like (o.k, THAT comment is worthy of burning me at the stake!!  Hahaha!)

Mar 25, 2013 at 9:54 PM Post #229 of 17,484
ALAC was definitely there.

Audio Format: WAV, APE,FLAC,MP3,WMA,OGG,ALAC(M4A),ACC,AMR。

Quote:
Ack!!!  Didn't james post specs earlier, which didn't include ALAC as a supported format?  Or I should've avoided drinking rubbing alcohol as a child?  O.K....light the match...  I've got a RWAK100, but I'm still interested in this player, even though it won't have the storage capacity I'd like (o.k, THAT comment is worthy of burning me at the stake!!  Hahaha!)

Mar 25, 2013 at 10:28 PM Post #230 of 17,484
I'm fine after doing that... just some minor dyslexia. :wink:

Mar 26, 2013 at 6:20 AM Post #232 of 17,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mython /img/forum/go_quote.gif

As long as this thing doesn't fall at the last hurdle, it has (at this price point) 90+% of the ingredients to consitute a runaway best seller

I agree, but Shhh.. don't tempt Fiio to put the price up! :wink:

Mar 26, 2013 at 9:45 AM Post #234 of 17,484
Quote:
Have you looked at the power output of the X3? You might not even need the E12 to pair with it.

I am not so familiar with all of the specs, such as power and outage, but could you explain something to me? I was looking for an amp to power my beyerdyamic dt 770 pr 80 ohms (E11). You said that you might not even need an E12/amp because of the output. Would that me the case here as well to power these headphones? This is a done deal if that is true. I am still new to the specs on DAPs.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:12 AM Post #235 of 17,484
Quote:
I am not so familiar with all of the specs, such as power and outage, but could you explain something to me? I was looking for an amp to power my beyerdyamic dt 770 pr 80 ohms (E11). You said that you might not even need an E12/amp because of the output. Would that me the case here as well to power these headphones? This is a done deal if that is true. I am still new to the specs on DAPs.

There is more or less an amp already built into this DAP (the Fiio E17 to be more precise). That is why you will most likely be able to drive headphones with an impendance of up to 150 Ohm without using an external amp.
Correct me if I'm wrong...

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:32 AM Post #236 of 17,484
Quote:
There is more or less an amp already built into this DAP (the Fiio E17 to be more precise). That is why you will most likely be able to drive headphones with an impendance of up to 150 Ohm without using an external amp.
Correct me if I'm wrong...

I think you are right. The E17 is rated at...

> 220 mW@32Ω
> 290 mW@16Ω

and is stated as being able to drive earphones between 16-150 Ohms

According to the specs on the first page..  the X3 has similar figures

Output Power: >300mW@16 ohms; >200mW@32 ohms

... and so should be able to power the 80 Ohm version of the DT770's no problem at all.... if my understanding is also correct.

Mar 26, 2013 at 3:41 PM Post #239 of 17,484
Quote:
Wow!!! The smexiest player in the pics is the X3,...I'm gonna be proud to show it off. I have a feeling my NYCT coworkers are gonna want one as well,...FiiO has a winner here!!!
cool.gif

There's only two devices in that picture I would want.....
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back