The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jun 22, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #1,171 of 7,793
  That phone is what, roughly $650?  Contract prices don't exactly count.  Buying a X1 doesn't lock you into a 2 year contract.

Most people have phones anyways. Therefore it's like <$200 on contract. In the US you can get it for $0. Since most people have contracts anyways it is convienient to have music on a phone. The only reason for me personally to get a DAP for battery life but the One M8 has great battery.

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:47 PM Post #1,176 of 7,793
I like IEMs, but have comfort issues often with them, headphones work out better for me for long listening sessions.

I guess to summarize my point, I would not be surprised if I found out that for the X1's price, nothing beats it in sound.

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:57 PM Post #1,177 of 7,793
  Since most phones support 24 bit 192 khz flac. With decent dacs I see no need for X1. Phones also have the compatibility of music streaming services while DAPs do not. You can also have the compatibility of adding local files.
I'm done arguing

only snapdragon 600 and above(i think 800) have ability to play 24 bit flac.

but thats not the only criterion,,there are other things that differentiate between a dedicated player and a smart phone.

Jun 22, 2014 at 9:58 PM Post #1,178 of 7,793
  I like IEMs, but have comfort issues often with them, headphones work out better for me for long listening sessions.

I guess to summarize my point, I would not be surprised if I found out that for the X1's price, nothing beats it in sound.

there is only one competition in 100$ category for x1 and thats colorfly c3.

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:01 PM Post #1,179 of 7,793
Yeah, I've meant to give that one a try, especially seeing that it sounds like it should perform quite wonderfully when it comes to classical, but I never got around to checking into what file types it supports.

Jun 22, 2014 at 10:18 PM Post #1,180 of 7,793
Yeah, I've meant to give that one a try, especially seeing that it sounds like it should perform quite wonderfully when it comes to classical, but I never got around to checking into what file types it supports.

C3 is very clean and on the bright neutral side. It lacks on dynamics and the UI is quite primitive and controls leaves a lot to be desired.
But at the price point, the SQ and portability makes up for its worth.
I'm sure X1 will be even more worth it with their better UI and acceptable controls if the SQ is on par.

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:24 PM Post #1,181 of 7,793
C3 is very clean and on the bright neutral side. It lacks on dynamics and the UI is quite primitive and controls leaves a lot to be desired.
But at the price point, the SQ and portability makes up for its worth.
I'm sure X1 will be even more worth it with their better UI and acceptable controls if the SQ is on par.

ui plays a huge role,,i don't understand how people can use the ipod shuffle without even a screen!!but i guess fanboys do exist.

on another note,,,x1 looks promising and at 100$ price point its gonna sell very well if it does whats promised by fiio

Jun 22, 2014 at 11:32 PM Post #1,182 of 7,793
I have to agree that the biggest competitor of X1 is smartphone. and there are some smartphone like Vivo X3S used very decent DAC like ESS9018K2M, but I think they are target to different market. 

even in SQ, you need to known that all smartphone are SRC 192/24 to 48/16 into DAC, even in VIVO X3S. not to talk that the battery life when the hifi mode is turn on. 

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 22, 2014 at 11:35 PM Post #1,183 of 7,793
ui plays a huge role,,i don't understand how people can use the ipod shuffle without even a screen!!but i guess fanboys do exist.

on another note,,,x1 looks promising and at 100$ price point its gonna sell very well if it does whats promised by fiio

Just like Teraplayer, no screen and cost is from €1680 to €3840.

Jun 23, 2014 at 2:45 AM Post #1,185 of 7,793
Dear FiiO,

I have just contacted Market@FiiO via emailed to pre-order the X1 but he told me to wait until September as the price are not fixed yet? @.@ I thought it's to be released this August?

And yes, smartphone these days are DAP's strongest competition. They can do a lot more. But my only concern is battery life.
PS: Spotify is not in Brunei yet so I have no worries bout Spotify support :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back