The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jun 22, 2014 at 2:24 PM Post #1,156 of 7,793
  If I would have bought any Fiio product where I live (Israel), I would have to pay almost twice as much compared to its price on MP4NATION. We have a single Fiio retailer that sets the prices as high as he pleases and when he's asked to explain the difference in pricing between the local store and the prices from international retailers, he said that the import taxes are killing him. Every retailer in Israel is using the import taxes as an excuse to raise product cost and no costumer is questioning this excuse cause our government is known for its greed. What people here don't know is that the import taxes are not that high that the costumers will have to pay twice as much for the products. The real reason for the high prices is that the retailer makes a 500% profit on anything he sells. I'll be damned if a single Fiio product was sold in Israel by a local retailer. Most of the time, people that buy headphone amps and audiophile DAPs know where to got them for a fair price because from the start they cost more than an average consumer product.

im from the same place, and i never buy anything there except food and clothes :D

Jun 22, 2014 at 2:44 PM Post #1,157 of 7,793
  If I would have bought any Fiio product where I live (Israel), I would have to pay almost twice as much compared to its price on MP4NATION. We have a single Fiio retailer that sets the prices as high as he pleases and when he's asked to explain the difference in pricing between the local store and the prices from international retailers, he said that the import taxes are killing him. Every retailer in Israel is using the import taxes as an excuse to raise product cost and no costumer is questioning this excuse cause our government is known for its greed. What people here don't know is that the import taxes are not that high that the costumers will have to pay twice as much for the products. The real reason for the high prices is that the retailer makes a 500% profit on anything he sells. I'll be damned if a single Fiio product was sold in Israel by a local retailer. Most of the time, people that buy headphone amps and audiophile DAPs know where to got them for a fair price because from the start they cost more than an average consumer product.

damn,and i thought i was alone in this.lol
see its understandable for israel as its a small market of 7-8 million if i am not mistaken but to ignore a 1.2 billion market is stupidity from fiio part.

Samsung is kicking the **** out out of sony, apple,htc  in india due to excellent local distribution leading to lower prices,,brands which fail to recognise this are suffering.

But anyways i am a great fan of israel,brilliant people and quite friendly towards india.Most of our radars(defence) are imported from israel only.

Jun 22, 2014 at 2:55 PM Post #1,158 of 7,793

damn,and i thought i was alone in this.lol
see its understandable for israel as its a small market of 7-8 million if i am not mistaken but to ignore a 1.2 billion market is stupidity from fiio part.

Samsung is kicking the **** out out of sony, apple,htc  in india due to excellent local distribution leading to lower prices,,brands which fail to recognise this are suffering.

But anyways i am a great fan of israel,brilliant people and quite friendly towards india.Most of our radars(defence) are imported from israel only.

Yeah. Many years of living under a constant threat of extinction got us to perfect our weapons so we can defend ourselves more efficiently. We have an extremely evolved hi-tech industry and the audio industry that slowly earns itself a name around the world. Too bad that our audio industry is focused on making quality speakers and amps and not a single headphone manufacturer.

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:06 PM Post #1,159 of 7,793

Yeah. Many years of living under a constant threat of extinction got us to perfect our weapons so we can defend ourselves more efficiently. We have an extremely evolved hi-tech industry and the audio industry that slowly earns itself a name around the world. Too bad that our audio industry is focused on making quality speakers and amps and not a single headphone manufacturer.

yeah defence products of israel are pretty good especially radars and missile defence shields like arrow,barak missiles,david sling etc.Not to mention missiles like python.
india is the largest operator of israeli heron drones in the world.

yup i am a defence enthusiast
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:10 PM Post #1,160 of 7,793

yeah defence products of israel are pretty good especially radars and missile defence shields like arrow,barak missiles,david sling etc.Not to mention missiles like python.
india is the largest operator of israeli heron drones in the world.

yup i am a defence enthusiast
very_evil_smiley.gif

Serving my 3 years in combat engineering curbed my defense enthusiasm but I have an ever growing headphone enthusiasm. 

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:14 PM Post #1,161 of 7,793

Serving my 3 years in combat engineering curbed my defense enthusiasm but I have an ever growing headphone enthusiasm. 

man i am wasting time in all these destructive hobbies

defence
headphones
cellphones
politics
history

and whatnot...................dammit
triportsad.gif

u guys have a mandatory service right??
many come to india after that training period,i have personally seen israelis filling whole of villages alltogether.

many even settle down and smoke weed and enjoy for the rest of their life,lol

Jun 22, 2014 at 3:26 PM Post #1,162 of 7,793

man i am wasting time in all these destructive hobbies

defence
headphones
cellphones
politics
history

and whatnot...................dammit
triportsad.gif

u guys have a mandatory service right??
many come to india after that training period,i have personally seen israelis filling whole of villages alltogether.

many even settle down and smoke weed and enjoy for the rest of their life,lol

Yes, our service is mandatory. Women serve for 2 years and men 3. It's not a training period but a complete service. After the discharge from the mandatory service some of us stay in reserve.
Many go soul searching in India and Thailand after they are discharged but I took a trip to the States.
My hobbies practically left me penniless. If I wouldn't have my girlfriend to restrain me I would probably live in a cardboard box filled with headphones and starve to death.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back