The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
Jun 21, 2014 at 9:06 AM Post #1,111 of 7,793
 Or make something small like that and sell an amp/dac combo for the player to dock with separately to get rid of all the cabling mess that is inherent with portable amps.  

The great thing about Fiio DAPs, is that you don't need a separate amp, or DAC with them.  It is all built in.  The only cable needed is the headphone cable.

Jun 21, 2014 at 9:27 AM Post #1,112 of 7,793
Any word on the op amp section, James? what chip will it have? or still not final yet?

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:24 AM Post #1,116 of 7,793
  People need a good spanking for wanting ridiculous features for a 100$ player!!

There needs to be only two things that it should do

1)sound good,,,preferably on par with colorfly c3(same price) and better than clip+
2)have a good interface that dosen't crash

rest all are unwarranted in a 100$ player,,,for those get x3 or x5

sure, our target is make a DAP which sound better than our competitor at the same price range . of course, I mean in technical specification because SQ depended on person. 

about the UI, it share the same UE of X5 , I believe it will be very stable cause we have fixed a lots of bugs and add a lots of features that people asked for.

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 21, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #1,119 of 7,793

sure, our target is make a DAP which sound better than our competitor at the same price range . of course, I mean in technical specification because SQ depended on person. 

about the UI, it share the same UE of X5 , I believe it will be very stable cause we have fixed a lots of bugs and add a lots of features that people asked for.

my only concern as i am indian is that it will be available here at 140$ at least as the official fiio dealer pro audio home includes the import tax too,,,,and that makes it pretty costly compared to otherwise 100$ price.

but still if it turns out as promised i am wiling to give 40$ more

Jun 21, 2014 at 5:15 PM Post #1,120 of 7,793
As the design differs, is this the end of X3 as we know it?
The X5 is out of budget, the X1 would be perfect if i can buy one this week.
At this moment the X3 hasn't convinced me, the problem i have is the GUI and controls.
Can you tell me more about the roadmap of the hardware en the firmware of the GUI?

Jun 21, 2014 at 11:54 PM Post #1,121 of 7,793
  As the design differs, is this the end of X3 as we know it?
The X5 is out of budget, the X1 would be perfect if i can buy one this week.
At this moment the X3 hasn't convinced me, the problem i have is the GUI and controls.
Can you tell me more about the roadmap of the hardware en the firmware of the GUI?

Err... no?

X1 and X3 are product tailored to different tier of user. One doesn't replace the other.

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:02 AM Post #1,122 of 7,793
  X1 looks nice.

Posted from FiiO Facebook.

^
Welp these turned out better than i had expected so am re-hyped for these!!! WOOOOOOOOOO!!!

These X1s looks a lot more finished/polished than the X3 and the X5 that's for sure.

If they sound great i am all in for this lil bugger.
L3000.gif

Jun 22, 2014 at 12:11 AM Post #1,125 of 7,793

Err... no?

X1 and X3 are product tailored to different tier of user. One doesn't replace the other.

^ i hope FiiO will play it smart and make this X1 sound even better than the X3 tbh, cuz the X3 is already dated and never seem like a "finished" product to me. More like a beta DAP FiiO made to just test out the waters in order to get a feel for the market/ IU, etc etc etc.

And since a X3 version 2 will come out soon, i think it is a wise to make the X1 the "waterline" if you will just like how Hifiman made their $100 RE-400 as their house sound benchmark.  This $100 lil' DAP will reach A LOT more people than the X3/ X5 will ever will due to the price and looks alone so.... if they sound as good if not better than the X3 then FiiO will be a true game changer.

I will no doubt preach/ spread the gospel if this happens. haha

Users who are viewing this thread

Back