The FiiO X1 Discussion and Help and Support Thread |192K/24B|100mW | LO | inline remote
May 9, 2014 at 3:45 AM Post #946 of 7,793
...unless, of course, you go for the masses with an original, innovative design, as opposed to a thing with.....
bigsmile_face.gif

May 9, 2014 at 7:18 AM Post #948 of 7,793
Bring on the black X1 with the brass ring! Enough of this teenage girl color scheme tomfoolery!
dt880smile.png

Seriously though, picking a color palette inspired by a product of another maker that didn't sell as well as they'd hoped is probably not the most pertinent move, imho.
It will probably sell like hot cakes though since the more infantile designs (of course just by my standards) seem to be quite the hype nowadays and it's reasonably priced...

May 9, 2014 at 5:11 PM Post #952 of 7,793
I prefer the black one with brass ring
the UI is good. I like the design (I don't like glossy icon, example: like default themes of OS Windows Vista - 7)
I can't wait FiiO X1. X1 will be my 1st dedicated DAP :D
I hope it's sounds good as FiiO E10

May 10, 2014 at 3:02 AM Post #953 of 7,793
Ugh, this is what you get for getting nitpicky over the design. Complete departure from the low-key, sort of steam-punkish look to a bland, brightly colored look that seems to want to take on the i-crowd. Except unlike the sleek i-devices, the X1 has a fairly chunky physical design. Ironically, black is the colour that would make it seem slimmer and it's the colour that isn't being offered.

The UI looks pretty good, I will say... If only the colour weren't so garish.

Nope, nope. Really dropped the ball on this one IMO.

May 10, 2014 at 3:08 AM Post #954 of 7,793
X3 has cases, X5 has cases, I'm sure someone will make a case for the X1, which in that case, the color isn't nearly as important.

May 10, 2014 at 9:47 AM Post #956 of 7,793
Still better than
Ugh, this is what you get for getting nitpicky over the design. Complete departure from the low-key, sort of steam-punkish look to a bland, brightly colored look that seems to want to take on the i-crowd. Except unlike the sleek i-devices, the X1 has a fairly chunky physical design. Ironically, black is the colour that would make it seem slimmer and it's the colour that isn't being offered.

The UI looks pretty good, I will say... If only the colour weren't so garish.

Nope, nope. Really dropped the ball on this one IMO.
Still better than everything out there for the price at the end it's all about the SQ ^^ who care about how stylish it looks in your pocket O.o

May 10, 2014 at 11:04 AM Post #958 of 7,793
Then do not but the product, nobody is forcing you.

I know for me, the vast majority of the time I will not be looking at it. It'll either be in a pocket, or sitting on a desk or table while I look at a monitor or read. Its purpose is to play music, and if it does that, it can be the ugliest thing in the world. The aesthetics of an object I look at 5% of the time should not be a big consideration. I would remind myself that everyone has different tastes, and just say oh well. It is not a big deal.

May 10, 2014 at 11:35 AM Post #959 of 7,793
Then do not but the product, nobody is forcing you.

I know for me, the vast majority of the time I will not be looking at it. It'll either be in a pocket, or sitting on a desk or table while I look at a monitor or read. Its purpose is to play music, and if it does that, it can be the ugliest thing in the world. The aesthetics of an object I look at 5% of the time should not be a big consideration. I would remind myself that everyone has different tastes, and just say oh well. It is not a big deal.

Yes, you are right
But the X1 is not in production, you can't buy it.
Sorry, i'm not clear, not only the look i was talking about overall build quality.
Aluminium is more durable and sturdy than plastic... that's why the Iphone 5C is only 30% of the sales of apple, 70% prefer the aluminium finish of the 5S.

May 10, 2014 at 11:41 AM Post #960 of 7,793

Yes, you are right
But the X1 is not in production, you can't buy it.
Sorry, i'm not clear, not only the look i was talking about overall build quality.
Aluminium is more durable and sturdy than plastic... that's why the Iphone 5C is only 30% of the sales of apple, 70% prefer the aluminium finish of the 5S.

You seem to have missed my point.  I was talking about the aesthetics.  I never brought up aluminum vs plastic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back